I Phone

Lost in LOS

I just brought the Iphone 3GS 32, in Thailand and I live here, and have my 12call sim installed. very confused. Reading the manual but it doesn't refer to these things

I set up gmail and it works fine except there is not send button?

I tried to sign on to the store to get some free downloads like the thai dictionary. when i sign in to open an account on my phone and say Thailand is my location then it is all in Thai and i need it in English. I can put in location as US but then it says if I download the free apps and I am not in the US they can track it and disable my phone?

When I try to set up an itunes account on my computer it automatically is in thai

can anyone living here using the iphone in English help me with this?

thanks in advance

Congratulation for your new purchase!

I bought it from True in Bangkok, I live in Thaiuland, and absolutely everything comes in English,.... i would recommend you to check with your dealer, or to contact AIS support team

I have gmail on my IPhone too, and the send button is at the top right

I bought it from True in Bangkok, I live in Thaiuland, and absolutely everything comes in English,.... i would recommend you to check with your dealer, or to contact AIS support team

to set gmail up i went to the mail and new setup. i clicked the gmail button and it asked for my email address and my password. nothing else. It set up the email and it all works except send? I also dont have a contact list I guess since I dont have send

everything is in english but my question is how do i get more apps over the internet. when i try to sign on it asks location and if i put thailand it is all in thai. if i put us then it will do it but it says it cannot send to another country? did you set up to download free apps? If so how did you do it. I want to get the thai/engish dictionary which is free but i have to sign on.

looks like this will be a cool phone but i have to learn to navigate it some more and

thanks

Can hook Gmail into your mail app supplied by apple. Find it the quickest way to check and reply to mails v.s an app from Gmail themselves

thanks. i will use the us address to set up itunes. i will try the apple mail app and try to attach gmail. thanks for the help and i will update with my results. I think I am going to like this phone once i get the few kinks out

thanks for the help

Entering an US address (even a fake one) will work to get you started on the USA iTunes shop. You will also notice that not as many apps are available on the Thai iTunes store as the USA one. If you want to buy apps from the USA iTunes store, you will have to register a credit card with on a US bank with a real USA address. The workaround for that is to simply buy iTunes gift certificates online and then use those for purchases on the iTunes USA store.

thanks. i will use the us address to set up itunes. i will try the apple mail app and try to attach gmail. thanks for the help and i will update with my results. I think I am going to like this phone once i get the few kinks out

thanks for the help

Entering an US address (even a fake one) will work to get you started on the USA iTunes shop. You will also notice that not as many apps are available on the Thai iTunes store as the USA one. If you want to buy apps from the USA iTunes store, you will have to register a credit card with on a US bank with a real USA address. The workaround for that is to simply buy iTunes gift certificates online and then use those for purchases on the iTunes USA store.

Hi

About gift card, you can buy them in a lot of shops here in Thailand, and its easy to use, a little more expensive thats all.

i used a fake address, when i did not know the zip code it came up and gave me a few zip codes i could use, easy

got my phone and although having a lot of trouble importing into it [took awhile to find I had to use windows programs to make it work] I now have a phone that works the way I want it to. I love the phone and it does all the things that I wish my V9 Razor was missing.

the only problem i am still having trouble with is the text messaging. It doesn't really recommend many words and when it does it is way off. tried to say yo to a friend and it changed it to up??? I have all the settings to make it work and I reset the dictionary but it still is having that problem

the phone is great

got my phone and although having a lot of trouble importing into it [took awhile to find I had to use windows programs to make it work] I now have a phone that works the way I want it to. I love the phone and it does all the things that I wish my V9 Razor was missing.

the only problem i am still having trouble with is the text messaging. It doesn't really recommend many words and when it does it is way off. tried to say yo to a friend and it changed it to up??? I have all the settings to make it work and I reset the dictionary but it still is having that problem

the phone is great

The spell checker uses a standard English dictionary, and it should recognise any standard English word that you try to use. of course, 'yo' isn't standard English, so it doesn't recognise that one; however, if you select the spelling, it will save it in your dictionary for the next time you use it. For example, if you type in 'yo' and you see 'up' in the popop, tap on the original 'yo' that you typed, and your phone will use 'yo' and save it in your dictionary. Next time you type 'yo' in a message, you will get 'yo'!

the phone is great

The spell checker uses a standard English dictionary, and it should recognise any standard English word that you try to use. of course, 'yo' isn't standard English, so it doesn't recognise that one; however, if you select the spelling, it will save it in your dictionary for the next time you use it. For example, if you type in 'yo' and you see 'up' in the popop, tap on the original 'yo' that you typed, and your phone will use 'yo' and save it in your dictionary. Next time you type 'yo' in a message, you will get 'yo'!

my motorolla suggested words after 3 letters. I reset the dictionary and it works but not very well. it hardly ever suggests a word and only the first few letters if any. i can write a full message without it suggesting anything.

I disabled the spell checker. I am much more than happy with my IPhone, and I wonder why I did not get one earlier.....Well, at least I bought the 32 GB. Works like a dream. If you do business, you should take the Business Card Reader app, it is amazing.... I also have Shazam, which helps to identify what music is playing wherever you can hear it..... real fun