Vios Radio

momosan

Who's replaced their in-dash radio in their VIOS? Because the thing's really not standard size so I'm wondering if it can be done. If it can, how it would look and can it be done and not look like a frankenstein with bits sticking out or parts left open. I saw an in dash replacement that replaces the whole console unit including having holes for the AC built as well. But it's a little too expensive for me since it has GPS and the video screen as part of the replacement. I just want something I can hook my ipod to (cable) my phone (bluetooth) and memory sticks (usb).

Any pics would be sweet.

• 1 month later...

There are a number of aftermarket frame kits that'll allow you to install any regular 2-DIN size source unit, along with some specialized all-in-one kits that come with an upgraded unit or Car PC:

fitdoubledincardvdvideo.jpg

The frame-kits (without electronics) usually range from 1500 - 3000 Baht, but make sure you check both the quality and color-match as these can vary a lot. All-in-one units will cost you more and frankly, being no-name stuff, aren't recommended.