Unlock Dongle

NALAK

connection manager / dashboard software that comes with the modem is fully closed, not just minimised.

i have downloaded a programme to unlock the AIS dongle i have i keep getting the message cannot detect port. the company sent me the above instructions anybody know what it means.

thanks

What instructions did they send ??

all i get when i run programmeis open port failed, i do not understand why AIS i so poor shows full signal speeds 0-10 kbps. over a minute to open this thread

Please follow the 3 steps below.

STEP 1

To unlock your modem please do the following.

a) Download the modem unlock utility from the link below

http://www.unlocked-dongle.co.uk/Start-dow...ity-zipped.html

:) Run the utility and enter your unlock code. Your modem will now be unlocked.

STEP 2

The mobile operator branded connection software that comes with the modem will generally not work with other mobile operator SIM cards.

Using the link below, download the generic connection manager (Mobile Partner) software and install on your PC.

http://www.unlocked-dongle.co.uk/Start-dow...or-Windows.html

STEP 3

Configure the connection manager software (Mobile Partner) to work with different mobile operators.

a) Open Mobile Partner

:D Click - Tools > Options > Profile Management > New

c) Under ‘Profile Name’ enter a friendly name e.g. Vodafone Profile

d) Under ‘APN’ select ‘Static’ and enter the mobile operators APN (see link lower down).

e) Under Authentication

Access Number: *99#

Username: ‘Operator username’ (see link lower down)

Password: ‘Operator password’ (see link lower down)

f) Click – OK and confirm you want to save the changes.

UK mobile operator APN settings & Username / Password can be found at http://www.unlocked-dongle.co.uk/Table/Settings/

Edited by NALAK

So you run the program from a) and the program tells you 'cannot open port', right?

If not, what exact steps did you try and what exactly did happen?

Not sure what to do with the line

connection manager / dashboard software that comes with the modem is fully closed, not just minimised.

Btw do you have the required unlock code?

I'm not familiar with unlocking GSM modems at all, but I guess there are official and unofficial ways to do that (the first requires an unlock code, the latter probably not).

I'm sure if you provide more detailed information people with more experience might be able to help you.

EDIT: Oh, I see they even sent a link with a list of unlock codes for UK locked phones. I wonder which company sent you those instructions, AIS???

welo

Edited by welo

i purchsed the programme for £8.50 downloaded it with unlock code. ran the programme put in thecode and get the open port failed message. deleted all other modems not sure what to do not to technical. tukcom have no idea how to do it yet,

A few more basic facts might help us help you.

What is the make / model of the modem?

Was it sold by Company X and you are trying to install a SIM from company Y - hence needing to unlock it?

Has this come from a different country?

Have you read this FAQ ?