Bangkok School Holidays

bangon04

I have been told that my stepdaughter's school is going to have at least 2 months off - from the start of March to the end of April. I know many schools make it up as they go along, but this does sound a bit excessive....

Anyone knows what it is supposed to be?

Nothing is ever "for sure" in Thailand, but 2 months is excessive. I would say that there is about a 95% guarantee that you can count on the period from April 1 - May 16 as holidays. Consider anything beyond that as a bonus. I have been a teacher here for 15 years.

• 1 year later...

My daughter is off now for at least 3-weeks or a month. She goes to BKK and is also attending summer classes. I think the summer school is only about a month so what you are saying sounds about right for summer vacation. In the US the kids get off like 2.5 months for summer. The get off in early to mid June and go back in early September .... though some schools have gone to year round which is really odd in terms of their time off throughout the year.

Out here in the sticks my son's school has a party on March 16th and then closes for the summer holidays.

They go back on May 9th.

I always go to the school administration just after the start of the term and ask for all the holidays, teacher training days etc and when they tell me I put it in the calendar of my mobile phone and then I have an easy reference.