Not Krispe Cream But..

bkkjames

Not sure if any you have tried this place called Daddy Dough. Compared to Dunkins and the like, a step up in terms of quality at the same price point.

Guess it's been around the while but tried out their outlet at Emporium (they have several others around the city I understand) and was quite impressed.

While I know Krispe Kream is coming to Paragon this century and look forward to trying their premium fare, those of you with a sweet tooth and wanting to add some sugar and fat to your diet should give it a try.

For those of you who are really lazy - they deliver. :)

Yeh.....good donuts, especially if they warm them up in the microwave before serving them.

I tried their donuts at their location in the Paragon (right next to it is a good place for eclairs).

I think they had one if Pattaya, but not sure if they still do.

They are similar to Krispe Kream....but I like KK better (think KK are larger).

Unfortunately, like so many other Western foods, Thais seem to like the worst of the worst:

Dunkin' Donuts (horrible......all of them....where is the barf bag) and

Mr. Donut (to their credit they do have at least one donut that is like a donut but they refuse to heat them up).

:)

My preferences for donuts in Thailand

Daddy Dough (They have an outlet in Seacon Square too)

Dunkin Donuts

Bapple (too rubbery even though they make them while you watch at Seacon)

Mr Donut (Cut from a rubber tree I think)

The added benefit to Dunkin Donuts is that they give refills on coffee.

are the shops lime green in apperance. if so, read an article about the owner and his chain of shops a while back. the guys thai,(think he used to be in the entertainment business a while back) always wears a hat and a pair of glasses. apparently these donuts are meant to better for you than all the others, because of the ingredients he uses. no additives, gluten, all that sort of stuff. all the packaging is eco friendly aswell.

cant for the life of me see how any kind of donut can be good for you, but it doesnt stop me from from having a good old binge from time to time.

must try them out some time!

are the shops lime green in apperance. if so, read an article about the owner and his chain of shops a while back. the guys thai,(think he used to be in the entertainment business a while back) always wears a hat and a pair of glasses. apparently these donuts are meant to better for you than all the others, because of the ingredients he uses. no additives, gluten, all that sort of stuff. all the packaging is eco friendly aswell.

cant for the life of me see how any kind of donut can be good for you, but it doesnt stop me from from having a good old binge from time to time.

it was very brown the shop i was at.

Tried Krispy Kreme in Australia and cannot understand the fuss. Expensive and in the end, just a donut.

Personally I am waiting for someone to locally to come up with a tom yum kung flavoured donut, followed by a pla raa eclair.

:) Coming soon to your nearest 7-11

post-99053-1265874048_thumb.jpg

Tejas, please tell me that you didn't make a special trip to Emporium just to make a photo, seriously you were looking for a Mexican restaurant to photograph? :)

I don't have much to do, so I decided to travel SIX HOURS to Bangkok to have a donut there. Then I thought, why not take a picture.

OK.......I am not telling the truth. Just found it on Google.

I do like the way the place is set up. And the donuts are good.

But they do need to add nam plaa and lots of red peppers to make them really good.

Different guy. I have seen one of his shops at Century Plaza though. I think it's called Do-Dee-Dough.

Okay, I LOVE KK donuts...and my belly proves it. But I'll not try to say that KK are the best donuts, just my favorites.

But, so far, there is no donut outlet in Bangkok that has donuts that are "almost the same as" KK. Daddy Donut may be better or worse, depending on your personal taste, but it is not comparable. Period. I've lost weight since moving here for a variety of reasons, and one is that I have yet to find a really good Thai donut...based on my personal taste preferences.

Edited by phetaroi

Okay, I LOVE KK donuts...and my belly proves it. But I'll not try to say that KK are the best donuts, just my favorites.

But, so far, there is no donut outlet in Bangkok that has donuts that are "almost the same as" KK. Daddy Donut may be better or worse, depending on your personal taste, but it is not comparable. Period. I've lost weight since moving here for a variety of reasons, and one is that I have yet to find a really good Thai donut...based on my personal taste preferences.

If you can explain the difference between KK and Dadddy Dough (DD), please do so.

I think KK's donuts--and there are many varieties just like DD--are bigger, lighter, and maybe not as sweet as DD.

One of the best childhood memories I have is my father driving all of us (the kids) to a place called Lone Star Donuts on Saturday morning at about 5:00 am in the morning.

We hated getting up, be the donuts were fresh then and hot. Just simple glazed donuts.

A dozen donuts and four people in the car......all donuts gone in about 1 minute. Yuuuumm.

I mentioned that because I think both DD and KK make donuts all day.

It is that fresh donut right out of the cooker that taste great to me.

That is why I don't like Mr. Donut and Dunkin' Donuts.

The donuts are always cold and seem to have been sitting out since the last Ice Age.

Most of their donuts also are like bad cake or a very, very bad eclair.

Different guy. I have seen one of his shops at Century Plaza though. I think it's called Do-Dee-Dough.

It is a Thai singer called Tik Shiro. His donuts or "do nots", are also available through Tesco Lotus, I believe, and other supermarkets so I think they are likely to be of lower quality to the other donuts mentioned.

Come guys, let's not turn this into a Mexican Food Thread - please.

Can't we all just eat our donuts in peace?

MEXICAN FOOD! OK.........I will calm down.......hungry just thinking about it.

For those who can't wait for KK to come there, I am spilling the bean (I take back what I said about them not being that sweet):

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

2 packages yeast

1/4 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)

1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk (scalded then cooled)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1/3 cup shortening

5 cups all-purpose flour, divided

Vegetable oil

Dissolve yeast in warm water in a 2 1/2-quart bowl.

Add milk, salt, eggs, shortening and 2 cups flour. Beat on low speed scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes.

Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Cover and let rise in warm place, until double, 50 to 60 minutes. (Dough is ready when indentation remains when touched.)

Turn dough onto floured surface; roll around lightly to coat with flour. Gently roll dough 1/2-inch thick with floured rolling pin. Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Cover and let rise until double, 30 to 40 minutes.

Heat vegetable oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees F.

Slide doughnuts into hot oil with wide spatula. Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surface); drain.

Dip the doughnuts into Creamy Glaze set on rack; when slightly cooled spread Chocolate Glaze on top. Doughnuts may be dipped into sprinkles or other toppings after Chocolate Glaze is applied if desired.

Creamy Glaze

1/3 cup butter

2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

4 to 6 tablespoons hot water

Heat butter until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.

Chocolate Glaze

1/3 cup butter

2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

4 to 6 tablespoons hot water

4 ounces milk chocolate or semi-sweet chips

Heat butter and chocolate over low heat until chocolate is melted; remove from heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until of desired consistency.

In truth, James is holding out for the first beer-flavored donut in Bangkok... Only then will he (and perhaps quite a few other TV members) be truly happy... :)

In truth, James is holding out for the first beer-flavored donut in Bangkok... Only then will he (and perhaps quite a few other TV members) be truly happy... :D

Beer flavoured donut - thanks but no thanks John. But I imagine if they were on sale you might indulge in one or 12. :)