Visa Pages

radioguy1450

about to apply for a 3 month tourist visa and I noticed I am out of the regular pages in the passport for entry and exit. But I have 3 blank pages in the back--addendum pages. Do you think they will use these for my visa or turn me away and make me add pages? Problem is my ticket is for the 21st so could be screwed here.

Applying in Los Angeles if that matters.

I was in a similar situation and this is what happened: No they will not use addendum pages and no they will not add extra pages, you will have to get a whole new passport which will probably take longer than the date you need it for. Absolutely frustrating? Yes. Hopefully there is another way for you and your country.

If you are form the USA, I think they do add additional pages to the passport. At least thats what I read they do here at the US Embassy at Bangkok.

Would be strange if they dont do that back home. But I am Swiss, so what do I know.

You can get additional pages at the US embassy Bangkok. I would assume this is possible in the US from the state department but I don't remember any reports of people trying that. On my last passport application to the state department I specifically requested an extra pages passport (which is free) and they just ignored my request and sent me a normal passport. I am assuming you are American. I don't even know what you mean by addendum pages. Blank pages are blank pages, aren't they, at least in US passports? Do you mean pages you legitimately added at a US embassy? If so, why wouldn't the Thai consulate be able to use them?

Edited by Jingthing

Give these folks a shout, they might be able to add the extra pages, then go to the Thai Consulate.

Mac

http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds4...s4085_2662.html

NEED A U.S. PASSPORT IMMEDIATELY?

You should make an appointment to be seen at a Regional Passport Agency only if:

The U.S. passport is needed in less than 2 weeks for international travel

The U.S. passport is needed within 4 weeks to obtain a foreign visa

Contact the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment or locate a Passport Agency.

LOS ANGELES Passport Agency

Federal Building

11000 Wilshire Blvd.

Suite 1000

Los Angeles, CA 90024-3615

Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays

Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778

Additional Passport Agency locations here:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/age...encies_913.html

an update---First, I meant to say "amendment" pages when referring to the pages in the back of the passport, sorry.

second, went to the consulate and they would NOT put a visa on one of the blank amendment pages so they sent me to the federal building listed above. They DO add pages to passports on site and the turn around time is only about 24 hours. The fee is 60 dollars and there is a wait of more than an hour if u dont have an appointment.

So problem solved

60 dollars for extra pages?! They are free everywhere in Southeast Asia. blink.gif

They're FREE everywhere, but if you want "expedited" service, you pay $60.

Mac

If You Wish to Expedite Your Passport Application:

Include a check or money order for $60.00 made payable to the U.S. Department of State (See Passport Fees)

Clearly mark ‘EXPEDITE’ on the outside of the envelope

We recommend using an overnight delivery service for delivery to and from the Passport Agency

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/fees/fees_837.html

Add Pages to Passport: Fee $0 Form: DS-4085

Expedited Service

(Applicants in the U.S. only)$60.00

See important information about Application Processing Times and follow the instructions on How to Get Your Passport in a Hurry.

To request Expedited Service, pay the $60.00 Expedited Service Fee for each application, in addition to the required fees noted above.