Travel document's

Hello all,

My wife and I are currently awaiting her travel document's to leave the U.S.A.and get the ball rolling on building a house in Thailand. I plan on returning to the U.S. in April to work a bit more. Her travel document's might not give her that much time. Can we go to the embassy there and get an ext. for April?

Another question, ( sorry ) I liked and learned alot for the gentleman's post about his brother's house. I have sold my house and plan to use the money to build a new one in Thailand . Does anyone know if my capital gain's tax will be satified if I reinvest the profit in another country??? This is my primary worry.

Thank's,

Jeff

Im sorry sir, I was not clear . My wife has been in the US for 7 month's now and she needs travel document's to leave. otherwise she will have a very hard time getting back in . INS say that she abandoned the case if she leave's without them.

Yes it is crazy ! But that's how this great country work's I guess. when we applied we only asked for 2 month's but now we want to stay longer. If I was to ask them now it would take who know's how much longer . As it is we have to wait 90 days for travel document's.

Anyway I talked to a accountant ( my new ) and he did clear up the other question for me. There are NO capital gain's taxes here for under $250,000, Great new's!