TAT slashes hotel prices in Bt500 promotion

george

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) today announced the launch of a mass tourism promotion drive which will see hotel prices slashed to as little as Bt500.

Based at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre in Bangkok, the TAT event from 12-15 May will mark the third consecutive year of the TAT's focus on weekday tourism.

Last year the event attracted over 100,000 visitors, generating revenues of Bt187 million.

TAT Governor Juthamas Siriwan told reporters that over 500 tourism operators were participating in this year's event, many of whom were cutting accommodation prices from Bt1,500 to as little as Bt500.

Visitors to the event will also have the chance to purchase Bangkok Airways return flights tickets from as little as Bt3,000, and to buy cut-price spa and golf packages, with discounts of up to 50 percent.

Anyone making purchases of at least Bt1,000 at the event will have the opportunity to enter into a prize draw to win anything from a top car to hotel accommodation.

Mrs. Juthamas voiced confidence that this year's event would draw over 300,000 visitors, and would generate no less than Bt300 million revenues.

--TNA 2005-05-09

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) today announced the launch of a mass tourism promotion drive which will see hotel prices slashed to as little as Bt500.

Based at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre in Bangkok, the TAT event from 12-15 May will mark the third consecutive year of the TAT's focus on weekday tourism. 

Last year the event attracted over 100,000 visitors, generating revenues of Bt187 million.

TAT Governor Juthamas Siriwan told reporters that over 500 tourism operators were participating in this year's event, many of whom were cutting accommodation prices from Bt1,500 to as little as Bt500.

Visitors to the event will also have the chance to purchase Bangkok Airways return flights tickets from as little as Bt3,000, and to buy cut-price spa and golf packages, with discounts of up to 50 percent.

Anyone making purchases of at least Bt1,000 at the event will have the opportunity to enter into a prize draw to win anything from a top car to hotel accommodation.

Mrs. Juthamas voiced confidence that this year's event would draw over 300,000 visitors, and would generate no less than Bt300 million revenues.

--TNA 2005-05-09

Honey Hotel at bt 350 a night.....just like the good ol days.. :D

Big Sing = bt.35.

TuK-Tuk to Cowboy @ ha bt..

B.F= bt 100.

and late late night noodles outside Therme (about 3-30am before going in) at @ 8bt.a throw... :o

George: Can you please post a link to those hotels which are taking part in the 500 baht per night promotion.

The news clip above is the only info we have on this for the time beeing. I will post as soon as we know more. Anyone here planning to visit the fair on 12-15 May?

The similar promotion was tried a couple of years back.

They was a long thread on it and we all wanted to know WHERE are these hotels with reduced rates.

IIRC no-one here managed to get any reductions.

Thanks for the link Chuchok.

Not much there to shout about, certainly nothing going for 500 baht.

The promotions page is the same in both languages, 50% English and 50% Thai. Maybe they thought no-one would notice.

accommodation prices from Bt1,500 to as little as Bt500.

--TNA 2005-05-09

Surely if they expect to generate no less that Bt 300,000,000 from this promo.somebody.. somewhere..somehow.. must be able to actually get a 1,500 baht room...somewhere (with no thaistrings attached) for 500 dints. :o ...or is it just another case of........dee dum dum dum :D

accommodation prices from Bt1,500 to as little as Bt500.

--TNA 2005-05-09

Surely if they expect to generate no less that Bt 300,000,000 from this promo.somebody.. somewhere..somehow.. must be able to actually get a 1,500 baht room...somewhere (with no thaistrings attached) for 500 dints. :o ...or is it just another case of........dee dum dum dum :D

I'll be going! And if I happen to win a car I'll donate to some needy Thai's (my wifes family).

Jokes aside, there must be something that farangs can get out of an exhibition like this!

I'll be going! And if I happen to win a car I'll donate to some needy Thai's (my wifes family).

Jokes aside, there must be something that farangs can get out of an exhibition like this!

Yes, indeed there is. I had a splendid time at last year's fair. The Convention Center has some very nice wall wood carvings to view and a very good coffee shop outside the hall. Enjoy a nice latte while the Thais take advantage of all the promotional discounts inside.

i went to a travel fair at Q Sirikit back in February and got a great package for phuket for mid-march---paid 6,000 baht for round trip arifare AND 4 nights in an excellent hotel on the beach (buffet breakfast included)---Patong Bay Gardens---they listed their rooms at 3800 baht/night in the brochure that was on their reception counter. yes, that may be a bit overpriced, but it was a VERY nice room, definitely worth 1500/night at least--and it's a small place, not a huge resort. The first floor rooms were nearly finished being renovated due to the tsunami. By the way, all the beaches are pristine (and nearly deserted) and the water, crystal clear. had a great time--would go back again! no, i don't get a commission... :o

Went to Q Sirikit today. Lots of people. Bought quite a few things:

- Safari World - Special voucher 3 for price of 1 ($450B).

- Fantasea (Phuket, from the same company as Safari World) - Special voucher 3 for price of 1 ($750B)

- Samui - Brand New Amanda Resort - $3,400B/2pax (1 detached house!) 3Days2Nights package incl 2xABF, 1xDinner, Airport Transfer, 1-way Shuttle to Town Centre, 1hr Snorkle.

- and ofcourse.... 50% off spa packages in Bangkok....

- and Royal Phuket Spa at $500B/hr (normal price from $1500-$2000)

- Bangkok Air ticket Bangkok->Samui at $4000B/pax, children 50%. Date can be changed without charge. Valid till September. You can choose to fly after September too but date and time must be fix.

Happy Shopping.....