Where Can Find Haier A/cs?

lukeskywalker

I know most people look down on or think Haier products are low quality. However, they are China's biggest electronics manufacturer and I've had a Haier A/C for over a year and it works beautifully. It's a 9000 BTU and I only paid 10,500 for it, installed! I have no problems buying another and I need to before the hot season arrives.

However, I've noticed that many places do not stock Haier A/Cs, and I'm too far away from the place where I bought my original one.

So, to make a long story short (too late?) does anyone know where I can buy a Haier A/C? I live in San Sai so of course the closer the better.

Thanks,

I've heard they're a bit noisy. Is this so?

I got the same deal 9000 BTU the low price of 8900 baht. It was on sale at Big C but I ask about this now at Big C and they say they never sold it. I guess it was a dream. A nice dream, quiet, effective, has an ionizer that you can turn on and off too that works very well. They could have made the remote a little bigger but thats the only complaint I have. I love it and when you find where you can get one let me know as well. I will check SIam TV.

I just ordered a 9,000btu with the new Siam T.V.[now located near the crazy hospital outside the moat]. this years model was 13??k thb and last year's mocel was 10,990thb. The only difference is new model has a lcd display on indoor unit, but otherwise same same. Guess which one I bought? Have one already for a year and so far-so good.

They do have a limited supply of last years model and it WILL be a long HOT summer!!!

OT but..

Just wondering if you guys know that Saijo Denki has what they call a hybrid unit which has a capillary action water membrane upstream of the evaporator . The result is the air entering the unit is cooled by evaporation resulting in better cooling. I'm not an expert but I recall ( from the project where I bought some cooling towers) the temp would be around 27 deg not the 30-33 normal. (BKK)

saijo denki are the best air cons.. we have had inour house for 10 years and with regular servicing we have had not one problem.. they operate very well, are efficient electricty users, and maintain good temperatures around 25-27..

we decided not to buy cheaper units as heard many stories of having to replace them after 18-24 months..

another point is ,, as it is comingto HOT season,,the retailers will begin to jack up the prices... happens every year.. so BUY NOW>>>

I just ordered a 9,000btu with the new Siam T.V.[now located near the crazy hospital outside the moat].

:D

Did that include instal? Where is the new place exactly?

Reckon I'd have an dunki inverter if I had the reddies to burn, but will be a cheap bastard this time round :)

The 1 yr old Haier is quiet enough for me and with the compressor mounted outside, I don't hear them inside at all. Yeah, you could go for a 'Mercedes' , but at the end of the day, a Toyota will get you there too.

New location is outside the moat, past Chiang mai gate on the way to the airport before the crazy hospital, you will see a shiney new shop with the biggest TV screen in Chiang mai.....must be 5mtrsX5mt.....that's it.

or go to the old location and there is a sign with map. All the operations including UBC have moved.

I just bought (today) a Samsung 9,300 BTU that was only 11,900 (15,400 with 3,500 coupon that they have) with free installation. I have to wait 1 week for install but that's no problem as I think this is a great deal and a good name brand. 3 year warranty on inside unit and 5 year on compressor. This price includes VAT too.

They have a large display in the front of the store but this unit is in the back with the rest of the a/cs.

Anyone else found a second choice on purchasing a Haier Air Con. Read those negative reviews about Siam TV and I am having second thoughts about buying from them. Still looking for other dealers of Haier Air Cons.

Anyone else found a second choice on purchasing a Haier Air Con. Read those negative reviews about Siam TV and I am having second thoughts about buying from them. Still looking for other dealers of Haier Air Cons.

They are unreliable I am told... and Siam have had many problems with them - selling very few as a result - typical of much of the junk made in China

saijo denki are the best air cons.. we have had inour house for 10 years and with regular servicing we have had not one problem.. they operate very well, are efficient electricty users, and maintain good temperatures around 25-27..

we decided not to buy cheaper units as heard many stories of having to replace them after 18-24 months..

another point is ,, as it is comingto HOT season,,the retailers will begin to jack up the prices... happens every year.. so BUY NOW>>>

where to buy saijo denki in CM?

They are unreliable I am told... and Siam have had many problems with them - selling very few as a result - typical of much of the junk made in China

I guess I have been lucky.. though I have seen others that have had the same luck.. never spoke to someone that had problems. The reviews coming from the USA on Haier products have been very positive. The one thing that might support your assessment is the fact that its hard to find them. My understanding is that they dont have much of a profit margin so the people selling them don't make as much as the major brands.

Edited by swain

I guess I have been lucky.. though I have seen others that have had the same luck.. never spoke to someone that had problems. The reviews coming from the USA on Haier products have been very positive. The one thing that might support your assessment is the fact that its hard to find them. My understanding is that they dont have much of a profit margin so the people selling them don't make as much as the major brands.

I know they maybe be biased if the margins are low - I only reflect the guy in Siam yesterday - I specifically went there to have a look at them - I asked him and he said they had had problems with units they had sold. So who knows if he's BSing or not but it is of concern 'íf' they go wrong getting the support here. Bit like Mazda - Thais don't like them but they are perfectly good - Thais hate new products - unreasonable but TIT

The 1 yr old Haier is quiet enough for me and with the compressor mounted outside, I don't hear them inside at all. Yeah, you could go for a 'Mercedes' , but at the end of the day, a Toyota will get you there too.

a toyota might get u further than you intended to go :)

I would like to hear from someone that got a Haier air conditioner and had problems and what they were and how did they get it serviced. Everything can break.. this is the nature of electronics but I have yet to hear from someone that has had a negative experience besides from someone that might be motivated by a higher commission on their next sale. Cheap does not always mean garbage. Look at the Magicjack its VOIP at its cheapest and its like the number one selling voip device in america and I cant live with out mine.

I know they maybe be biased if the margins are low - I only reflect the guy in Siam yesterday - I specifically went there to have a look at them - I asked him and he said they had had problems with units they had sold. So who knows if he's BSing or not but it is of concern 'íf' they go wrong getting the support here. Bit like Mazda - Thais don't like them but they are perfectly good - Thais hate new products - unreasonable but TIT

My suggestions, as mentioned above, (I wanted a Haier too because I have one and it's been perfect for over a year) is to go to HomePro and get a Samsung AS10 for only 11,900 installed. That is what I paid for my Haier. This is a sales price so I don't know how long it will last. The A/C is in the back of the store where the A/Cs are (they have a big display in the front of the store but this particular unit is not there). I would have bought a Haier but they don't carry them but then I found the Samsung for the same price so I went with it.

But I suggest you hurry before they run out or sale finishes.

Good luck.

Also, free installation. Which I think is amazing because the going rate to transfer an A/C is about 2,500 baht. The guys were here for over an hour and did a very professional job so it makes the 11,900 price seem all that sweeter.

Edited by lukeskywalker

Deal is gone... now its 13,400 baht

My suggestions, as mentioned above, (I wanted a Haier too because I have one and it's been perfect for over a year) is to go to HomePro and get a Samsung AS10 for only 11,900 installed. That is what I paid for my Haier. This is a sales price so I don't know how long it will last. The A/C is in the back of the store where the A/Cs are (they have a big display in the front of the store but this particular unit is not there). I would have bought a Haier but they don't carry them but then I found the Samsung for the same price so I went with it.

Good luck.

Also, free installation. Which I think is amazing because the going rate to transfer an A/C is about 2,500 baht. The guys were here for over an hour and did a very professional job so it makes the 11,900 price seem all that sweeter.

No problem with my 2nd Haier 9,000btu and it is quieter than the electric fan in the same room. Also, no problem with Siam TV with instal ....quick and clean. installer told me that the Haier is same-same as the higher priced brands that have all the nano nano ion super duper bells and whistles and come in designer colors.

I just want to 'chill out' and the haier does the job. In my case, I only run the aircon for a Half hour at a time to cool the room down, then off. and that's for only 4 or 4 months of the year.

The deal on the haier was supposed to end at the end of the month, but maybe they still have last year's model left.....who cares if it's not the newest model???

Deal is gone... now its 13,400 baht

Good luck.

I think we all get a little hung up about price - for me it doesnt matter too much if I pay 1 or 2,000 more if it last 10 year and is quiet abnd efficient - get the best you can afford - it will be on your wall a long, long time... and 1,000 is only 20 GBP/30 US