Motor Control

sometime

Does’ anyone know where I can purchase a Franklin Submersible motor control, preferable locally , the one I have clicks then cuts out, it has been repaired before as you can see from the photo.

I am hoping that the fault is the motor control and not the pump as it’s 90 mt down.

Thanks

post-9958-1266109999_thumb.jpg

post-9958-1266110118_thumb.jpg

I have a well with Franklin pump and control just installed two weeks ago. Uses the same control. They buy from a shop in Rayong.

You say "locally" but where are you? Franklin is available all over Thailand I think via the local pump shops. I have not found the main distributor here in Thailand most likely would be in BKK area

I have a well with Franklin pump and control just installed two weeks ago. Uses the same control. They buy from a shop in Rayong.

You say "locally" but where are you? Franklin is available all over Thailand I think via the local pump shops. I have not found the main distributor here in Thailand most likely would be in BKK area

Sorry I am in Najomtien pattaya area

Pattay Nua going toward Sukhumvit go past the bus station, there is a big tool shop on the left on the corner of a soi, they have them in there.

I have also seen them in the hardware store at the beach end of Theppasit, 25 meters from the traffic lights on the left going away from the beach.

Pattay Nua going toward Sukhumvit go past the bus station, there is a big tool shop on the left on the corner of a soi, they have them in there.

I have also seen them in the hardware store at the beach end of Theppasit, 25 meters from the traffic lights on the left going away from the beach.

Thanks Rimmer, I got one in the shop you mentioned on Pattaya Nua, and now we have water.

Thanks Rimmer, I got one in the shop you mentioned on Pattaya Nua, and now we have water.

Lucky you. I hope my pump lasts forever 72 meters down there. My supplier said I should let it pump minimum 3000 liter/one hour each time its allowed to kick in

Can I ask why?

dont really know why, can only guess

electrical engine wears more in start up moment than during continous run, but only until that contious run becomes very long.

IOW I guess its better to run 1 hour twice a day, than running 20 minutes 6 times a day.

on the other hand, these franklin pumps can run 24 hours, but most pumps should not run more than 5-8 hours continiously

My well pump delivers to 12.000 liter tank, so we set the sensor on 3.000 liters which is one hour running

When we fill up a pool pump runs approx 15 hours, but I usually gives it an hour break halfway

Thanks for the informative answer.

We use our new well and pump directly to the outside hoses and sprinklers. Most of the time it is switched on when a hose valve is opened to water grass/garden and runs for anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. But sometimes wife uses it to water garden and the hose spray head is opening and closing in minutes several times in a half hour. I hope this is not adding extra strain on the motor. Time will tell.

Thanks for the informative answer.

We use our new well and pump directly to the outside hoses and sprinklers. Most of the time it is switched on when a hose valve is opened to water grass/garden and runs for anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. But sometimes wife uses it to water garden and the hose spray head is opening and closing in minutes several times in a half hour. I hope this is not adding extra strain on the motor. Time will tell.

We use our pump the same as you, below is the wording from the Franklin website

The average number of starts per day over a period

of months or years influences the life of a submersible

pumping system. Excessive cycling affects the life of

control components such as pressure switches, starters,

relays and capacitors. Rapid cycling can also cause

motor spline damage, bearing damage, and motor

overheating. All these conditions can lead to reduced

motor life.

The pump size, tank size and other controls should be

selected to keep the starts per day as low as practical for

longest life. The maximum number of starts per 24-hour

period is shown in table 3.

Motors should run a minimum of one minute to dissipate

heat build up from starting current. 6" and larger motors

should have a minimum of 15 minutes between starts or

starting attempts.

MAXIMUM STARTS IN A 24 HR PERIOD

Up to 0.75 HP. Up to 0.55 KW .300 STARTS SINGLE PHASE 300 STARTS 3 PHASE

1 thru 5.5 HP. 0.75 thru 4 KW . 100STARTS SINGLE PHASE. 300 STARTS 3 PHASE

7.5 thru 30 HP 5.5 thru 22 KW 50 STARTS SINGLE PHASE 100 STARTS 3 PHASE

40HP and over 30KW and over – 100 STARTS 3 PHASE

I guess I'm ok on the number of starts per day for my pump. I would no come close to 100 per day. Maybe on a big day I might say 10 to 15 starts. I will have to watch the cycling rate though and when we turn on to leave on for several minutes per use. I can understand the motor controls failing early if you click the start relay on/off a lot as the contacts will get burned too much from arcing the current. Also about the motor heat and bearing wear.

Good to know.

I also made contact with the local Thai distributor for Franklin so if you have a need I have his email and phone info.