Web Site Help Please

steverino

Can anyone help me please? I have a website which I made with Dreamweaver and I use Total Commander to FTP to my server.

I have some 10 songs on 2 pages on the website and I want to monitor how many times a particular song is downloaded. Does anyone know how to do that. Is it something to do with CGI codes. I am a total newbie to this website construction thing but I do love it!

www.toddyhouse.co.uk

Can anyone help me please? I have a website which I made with Dreamweaver and I use Total Commander to FTP to my server.

I have some 10 songs on 2 pages on the website and I want to monitor how many times a particular song is downloaded. Does anyone know how to do that. Is it something to do with CGI codes. I am a total newbie to this website construction thing but I do love it!

www.toddyhouse.co.uk

Doing this with server side code would be the usual way, but you could also parse your web server logs to get this information.

If you are a total newbie on website construction, I must tell you, you made it very well! The page is looking very nice......

www.toddyhouse.co.uk

Thanks, but I've tried looking at the logs but on my server log file they appear only daily for some reason, and I assume for the server code, one needs to contact them to arrangeit....which I've done.

I'd suggest that you look into a web server statistics software package. My host serving company provides a program called WUsage that is quite incredible in the amount of information it provides. (Maybe your hosting provider provides statistics? Check with them.)

A single site licence is $25. You can check it out at http://www.boutell.com/wusage/, or go surfing for cheaper / free alternatives

If you want to see WUsage in action- PM me and I will give you a URL for a site that is using it.

Hope this helps.

:o