Red-Shirts Will Not Organize Mass Rally On Feb 26

webfact

Red-shirt will not organize mass rally on Feb 26: Veera

BANGKOK: -- Veera Musigapong, a red-shirt leader, said Monday that his movement would not organize a mass rally at the Supreme Court on February 26.

But he said supporters of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra might go to the court on their own to hear the ruling in the assets seizure case.

Veera said the red-shirt movement would not organize a mass rally that day because the assets case was just one of several cases which proved the double standard law enforcement.

Veera said if the red-shirt movement wins the war for democracy, Thaksin will get every single baht back.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Gotta love this little bit of news ....

Veera says that they won't "organize" a rally .....

Veera says that Thaksin will get his money back ..... (Did Veera just say that Veera would overturn a Supreme Court decision?)

A report like this makes it more difficult to link all protests to the Feb court decisions, but I'm sure the media will persist.

It is a convenient way to re-direct the focus of these protests, and also conveniently make them appear self-serving.

I hope most intelligent people see this agenda for what it is.

Exactly, someone should send a reminder to the Red Camp that there is limited seating in the courtroom.

A report like this makes it more difficult to link all protests to the Feb court decisions, but I'm sure the media will persist.

It is a convenient way to re-direct the focus of these protests, and also conveniently make them appear self-serving.

I hope most intelligent people see this agenda for what it is.

Err, I think you missed the most pertinant point in that item in which Veera indicated, if the reds eventually "win the day", that Thaksin will get all his money back.

I presume he is talking about the money at issue in the courts right now and not anything else.

But I digress, this statement only makes it harder for the reds to "dissassociate" themselves from the case - not the other way round as you comment.

This report maybe predicted this:

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/id...0100210?sp=true

It includes analysis that the red shirts are in disarray, have learned that their Songkhran violence didnt help them and that they will likely play a long game predicting if Abhisit doesnt heal divisions then things may go down hill.

Different from the reporting in Thailand which tends to fixate too much on the short term

With predictions that violence would backfire big time it may be a good tactical move by the red shirts as putting big numbers on the ground always leaves problems of control and unpredictability so even with the best of wills violence could have errupted damaging their cause. It has also been mentioned that they wont get the numbers they mentioned.

It also tries to delink the movement from the money battle of one man although Veera does make sure he gets the we will give you everything back comment in, which is one that would not actually ever come from a true pro-democracy campaigner. Then again Veera has his own agenda

Edited to add: It is good news anyway. Must remember to have a drink or two with me red friend to get his take on it all.

Edited by hammered

This report maybe predicted this:

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/id...0100210?sp=true

It includes analysis that the red shirts are in disarray, have learned that their Songkhran violence didnt help them and that they will likely play a long game predicting if Abhisit doesnt heal divisions then things may go down hill.

Different from the reporting in Thailand which tends to fixate too much on the short term

With predictions that violence would backfire big time it may be a good tactical move by the red shirts as putting big numbers on the ground always leaves problems of control and unpredictability so even with the best of wills violence could have errupted damaging their cause. It has also been mentioned that they wont get the numbers they mentioned.

It also tries to delink the movement from the money battle of one man although Veera does make sure he gets the we will give you everything back comment in, which is one that would not actually ever come from a true pro-democracy campaigner. Then again Veera has his own agenda

Edited to add: It is good news anyway. Must remember to have a drink or two with me red friend to get his take on it all.

I don't think Thaksin want to spend the money to put big numbers for a long time on ground.

UPDATE

Red Shirts: No mass rally February 26 for court verdict on Thaksin's frozen assets

BANGKOK: -- (TNA) - The key leader of Thailand's anti-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) on Monday vowed that the group will not rally February 26 when the Supreme Court reads its verdict on the Bt76.6 billion (US$2.3 billion) frozen assets of convicted ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

Veera Musikapong made the announcement as he led the Red Shirt protesters to rally at Election Commission (EC) headquarters at the new Government Complex in northern Bangkok's Chaeng Wattana district, pressing for progress reports on key cases including the ruling Democrat Party's alleged unlawful donation of Bt258 million (about US$7.8 million) from a corporation which the UDD says violates the Constitution.

Despite the disclaimer regarding a February 26 protest, Mr Veera said that the Thai public has the freedom to be at the court by themselves if they are so inclined.

The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Position will rule February 26 whether to seize the assets gained from the sale of telecom giant Shin Corp at Bt76.6 billion, plus interest, on charges that the ex-premier had acquired his massive wealth through illegal practices.

As the Red Shirt demonstration at the EC headquarters began Monday afternoon, Mr Veera also condemned the appointments of four election agency members whom he said were not qualified as they were appointed by the Council of National Security, the coup makers, and were not formally endorsed by the king.

He said the UDD could not accept the four EC members as they considered the key cases unfairly, especially delaying the Democrat Party's donation case.

The protesters also blamed the election commissioners for using a double standard in considering the cases and corruption within the organisation.

The Democrat Party was earlier accused of violating the Constitution, which prohibits a political party to receive donation from a company of over Bt10 million a year, by accepting Bt258 million in donations from listed company TPI Polene in 2005.

The election commissioners later resolved that EC chairman Apichart Sukhagghanond, who is also political party registrar, will decide whether to recommend the dissolution of the ruling party or drop the case.

Meanwhile, security has been tightened at the EC office to prevent any intruder into the building. The building entrance has been closed and only authorised persons may enter.

A company of anti-riot police and a company of metropolitan police were deployed at other offices in the complex containing the EC office. The security unit also provided a fire engine supplied with a water hose for crowd dispersal.

It was reported that EC officials planned responses to any possible incident. Election commissioners have been provided rental cars if they must flee the office.

According to the report, EC Secretary-General Sutthipol Thaweechaikarn is in the building, working as usual.

Previously, the Red Shirts on February 10 rallied at police headquarters demanding progress on cases involving the anti-Thaksin People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) demonstrators.

The campaign against government and state agencies has been launched ahead of the court decision on Mr Thaksin's frozen assets.

As the UDD's moving protests are likely to intensify this month, the government is setting up checkpoints and centres in the capital and risk-prone provinces to monitor the situation and maintain order. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-02-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Veera says that Thaksin will get his money back ..... (Did Veera just say that Veera would overturn a Supreme Court decision?)

No matter what happens on the 26th, this announcement alone should convince everyone that is not about democracy is all about Mr. T money :)

No matter what happens on the 26th, this announcement alone should convince everyone that is not about democracy is all about Mr. T money :)

I think even the most silly one knows that already, but 500 Baht per day are 500 Baht per day.

The unmentionable one has a report on Noppadol saying Thaksin wasnt involved in grenade and bomb attacks etc etc. Nothing intersting except there is a commnet that Sae Daeng had better watch how he uses the boss's name!

Just read that - amusing, but also reinforces the rifts.

"...Veera said the red-shirt movement would not organize a mass rally that day because the assets case was just one of several cases which proved the double standard law enforcement."

So if Taksin is found innocent, this must prove the double standard, which veera mentions, so the reds are in favour of double standards???? Or does the double standard only apply if a guilty verdict is the conclusion

I think even the most silly one knows that already, but 500 Baht per day are 500 Baht per day.

This silly one knows reality h90,,,,,,,,,500 baht eh! ........When no evidence is required or expected, one can make statements of anything...anything....silly really!

Unsubstantiated and agenda-driven statements made to appear factual, border on intellectual dishonesty.

And to swallow lock-stock-and-barrel the media and their sponsor's campaign to discredit these Democracy protests by making them appear to be financially self-serving is an affliction that fortunately does not apply to everyone. The art of political Discernment is not dead.

I might add the huge rally currently underway at the Election Commission is comprised primarily of Bangkok people....Another inconvenient truth for some political agenda's.

Edited by BudsobPidsanambin

This silly one knows reality h90,,,,,,,,,500 baht eh! ........When no evidence is required or expected, one can make statements of anything...anything....silly really!

Unsubstantiated and agenda-driven statements made to appear factual, border on intellectual dishonesty.

And to swallow lock-stock-and-barrel the media and their sponsor's campaign to discredit these Democracy protests by making them appear to be financially self-serving is an affliction that fortunately does not apply to everyone. The art of political Discernment is not dead.

I might add the huge rally currently underway at the Election Commission is comprised primarily of Bangkok people....Another inconvenient truth for some political agenda's.

I don't quite know which of your last 2 sentences is more deserving of being called "The art of political Discernment" (whatever that means?).

I can tell you there were no more than 500 at best at today's rally at the EC...What's the current population of Bangkok ?

Edited by RegularReader

BudsobPidsanambin, new reds propaganda generator, whats your pay grade ?

is it more than 500 baht a day that the front line red trooops are being paid

want to dispute that 500 baht payments are being made?

maybe you should take a look at your boss Kuhn Thaksin on video offering the 500 baht to join the lost cause.....

No evidence??? ASTV brought with please tons of videos, hidden cameras, interviews tons.....Of course ASTV is biased but the pictures are true.

As well here in the forum were a couple of people who reported that their wife, girlfriend etc etc got the money.

Without money....Today at the EC....500 people, why do you think there were 500 people and not 50.000??? Because it is simple not interesting anyone anymore unless some payment comes.

No evidence??? ASTV brought with please tons of videos, hidden cameras, interviews tons.....Of course ASTV is biased but the pictures are true.

As well here in the forum were a couple of people who reported that their wife, girlfriend etc etc got the money.

Without money....Today at the EC....500 people, why do you think there were 500 people and not 50.000??? Because it is simple not interesting anyone anymore unless some payment comes.

need evidence of payments ??

take a look at Thaksin on this video offering the masses 500 baht to join the lost cause.....

thai with english subtitles

Edited by timekeeper

As long as there isn't a repeat of this terrible behavior last year from the other camp of idiots.

Yellow Idiots

:/ apparently you don't understand Thai language .....

Or have a calendar nearby ......

Oh dear oh dear, how could I make such a schoolboy error! You must have scanned that for a moment to see what you could dissect from it, nothing good on the TV? Whenever it was, still YELLOW idiots!

And I will never understand people who write apparently before making a statement, is somebody sitting next to you feeding you this information for you to write apparently? Or maybe a slight case of schizophrenia coming on...

Edited by badgerbailey

As long as there isn't a repeat of this terrible behavior last year from the other camp of idiots.

Yellow Idiots

:/ apparently you don't understand Thai language .....

Or have a calendar nearby ......

Oh dear oh dear, how could I make such a schoolboy error! You must have scanned that for a moment to see what you could dissect from it, nothing good on the TV? Whenever it was, still YELLOW idiots!

Might I suggest you get someone that speaks Thai to translate that story for you?

I kinda abhor what is displayed by that group as they made their way to Don Mueang airport. The fact that they were attacked first by the reds does mitigate it significantly ... the fact that they had been attacked almost nightly leading up to that point mitigates it a little more. All mitigation aside it is really sad to see that kind of response by them, but self-defense would certainly be a viable defense tactic there.

Sorry Badger --- I really don't need anyone to feed me information. I have been more than a casual observer here (in Thailand) for a good number of year :)

Edited by jdinasia

Yellow Idiots

For the sake of uniformity on all threads.

Drop the stupid name calling of either groups, political parties, politicians etc. It is going to stop. Next one to use yellow shits, or any other stupid name calling is going to get a posting rights suspension because you have all been warned about this countless times but, apparently, it hasn't sunk in.

:)

Wise decision by the Red Shirts to call off the demonstration on the 26th considering the Media Hype, including 7 new stories on Thai Visa today! (still 11 days left)

Considering the seriousness of the bomb attacks over the past few days if they were to demonstrate for sure all fingers would be pointing at them.

However they will gain lot of public credibility with this move and prove there course to be the just. I do recommend they continue there tactics of exposing corruption

amongst the elite classes which should cause enough loss of face to justify a General Election soon and restore democracy to Thailand.

Edited by monkfish

Wise decision by the Red Shirts to call off the demonstration on the 26th considering the Media Hype, including 7 new stories on Thai Visa today!

Considering the seriousness of the bomb attacks yesterday if they were to demonstrate for sure all fingers would be pointing at them.

However they will gain lot of public credibility and prove there course to be the just. I do recommend they continue there tactics of exposing corruption

amongst the elite classes which should cause enough loss of face to justify a General Election soon and restore democracy to Thailand.

I guess you just happened to miss the elections in 2007 ... that returned democracy to Thailand? There was no party that got over 50%. There weas a coalition that was led by 2 different PPP PM's ... PPP got knocked down for electoral fraud ... the same MP's elected our current government.

I guess you also missed where Thaksin happened to be the Ellite ... as do the leaders of the factions in his proxy party :)

But simply, not enough cash came in to pay Thaksin's rabble to go out and protest and after the Million man claim ... well if they showed up with only what they could afford to buy people would have laughed!

Wise decision by the Red Shirts to call off the demonstration on the 26th considering the Media Hype, including 7 new stories on Thai Visa today!

Considering the seriousness of the bomb attacks yesterday if they were to demonstrate for sure all fingers would be pointing at them.

However they will gain lot of public credibility and prove there course to be the just. I do recommend they continue there tactics of exposing corruption

I guess you just happened to miss the elections in 2007 ... that returned democracy to Thailand? There was no party that got over 50%. There weas a coalition that was led by 2 different PPP PM's ... PPP got knocked down for electoral fraud ... the same MP's elected our current government.

I guess you also missed where Thaksin happened to be the Ellite ... as do the leaders of the factions in his proxy party :)

But simply, not enough cash came in to pay Thaksin's rabble to go out and protest and after the Million man claim ... well if they showed up with only what they could afford to buy people would have laughed!

You mean the one TRT wone?

I did not mention Thaksin in my post but think the Red Shirts should distance themselves from him.

Edited by monkfish

I did not mention Thaksin in my post but think the Red Shirts should distance themselves from him.

2007 ... First Samak ... then Thaksin's brother-in-law ... the Abhisit ... geeez you sure have some interesting opinions for someone that doesn't know the history he is talking about!

I guess you also missed where Thaksin happened to be the Ellite ... as do the leaders of the factions in his proxy party :D

2007 ... First Samak ... then Thaksin's brother-in-law ... the Abhisit ... geeez you sure have some interesting opinions for someone that doesn't know the history he is talking about!

Sorry that went straight over my head but I Know Abhisit came in second place :)

Edited by monkfish