Please Help !looking For Kindergarten Tonglor -ekkamai Area

LazyCat

I have 2 kids 4yo and 2yo nd I need to find a place for them to study, I wanted them to stay with their granny in Thailand for a year and so I need help in finding a place for them to go study and communicate with other kids. Please help with names and if possible yearly tuition fees. I would prefer both of them to go to one place.

Edited by LazyCat

Hi

BAMBI has a good list here:

http://www.bambiweb.org/preSchool.php#central

You may be able to negotiate on fees as I've heard a lot of schools are cutting registration fees and / or giving discounts. Especially if you're sending two kids. Any decent school will respond quickly to your enquiries, offer you a tour, even offer a free day's trial.

with rates like that and 2 kids I will not be able to afford any of the named places... :)

Srivikorn School is ok but it's so thai, isn't it???

looking for something small cute and friendly

Edited by LazyCat

Hi, Check out the American School of Bangkok on Sukhumvit 49. It is right off of Thonglor soi 13. The school has a fantastic little Kindergarten. The website is www.asb.ac.th The price is average for a quality international school in Bangkok.

In fact give Paul Marks a call at ASB. He is the Communications Director. I understand that there are scholarships available right now! I wish you all the best !

Call Paul on 02 6208600 He is a good guy. He will help you out!

All the best

Rob

Edited by robturner49

• 4 weeks later...
with rates like that and 2 kids I will not be able to afford any of the named places... :)

Srivikorn School is ok but it's so thai, isn't it???

looking for something small cute and friendly

Unfortunately if you want your kids to learn in English to a good standard, 58,000 baht per term is as low as you're likely to get. If you want them to go to a bi-lingual school where lessons are repeated in both languages the hit is not that much different. The school in Phayathai (name escapes me right now) probably has the best reputation. When I remember the name I'll post it! Another option is a Thai school with English Program. Whichever you choose, the additional classes will be expensive by the end of the term.

I cant imagine anyone paying this kind of money for a 2 year old to have play friends. I wouldn't pay this much in California; nevermind paying this in a 3rd world s__t hole city like bangkok.

2 and 4 year olds will learn just as much from english language television, radio and free playgrounds than in a "school" for toddlers.