Beach Resorts?

SBACM

I need a beach fix from the mountains We will drive maybe Trat way?

Anyone have any great family spots anywhere but Pattya and Jomtien

No need to subject the kids to that type of atmosphere- :D

And I am not neccesarily looking for a 150 baht bungalow but something similar to The Tide Resort in bangsuen beach kid friendly.

:o

Go down to Hua Hin, it's closer than Trat. Very middle-of-the-road place nowadays. Beach is pretty good too, certainly a lot better than the Jomtien and Pattaya ones anyway.

I would not rule out the general Pattaya area.. It's the most easily reached when driving from Chiang Mai. I had a real nice long weekend there with my wife and mum-in-law. You just have to know where (not) to go. Places not to go would include Pattaya and Jomtien. Places to do go would be Wong Amat beach (Naklua road, some excellent affordable motel/bungalow options there, or on the other side of Pattaya Hill, near the Cosy Beach Hotel (nice and affordable, close to a nice little bay)

Then further South there's more good beaches, like inside that naval base. Oh and Ko Larn island of course. (Go to Samae Beach on Ko Larn in particular)

If you're really opposed to Pattaya then Ko Samet isn't that much further. Trat to me sounds like a really long drive and personally I don't think Ko Chang is nicer than Samet..

Hua Hin... Kind of feels like Jomtien beach to me. (I know many people disagree with that, but on a casual visit it had all the touristyness of Jomtien, but at higher prices.)

My favorite though: Prachuap Khriri Khan town & Ao Manao.. That's a long drive from Chiang Mai tho.

I recently enjoyed a stay at Pinnacle Resort & Spa at Jomtien Beach. It is away from the Jomtien Beach "strip" road area, a few minutes further down Sukhumvit and before you reach Ambassador.

The resort sits directly on the beach- no beach road. They have just built a new building with really nice rooms for a reasonable price, and were renovating all of the existing rooms to the same standard when I was there. There are 2 swimming pools, 2 restaurants, and all of the usual resort amenities. All of the facilites of Jomtien and Pattaya are close at hand.

I'd definitely go back. Might be worth your checking out... www.pinnaclehotels.com

:o

I would not rule out the general Pattaya area.. It's the most easily reached when driving from Chiang Mai. I had a real nice long weekend there with my wife and mum-in-law. You just have to know where (not) to go. Places not to go would include Pattaya and Jomtien. Places to do go would be Wong Amat beach (Naklua road, some excellent affordable motel/bungalow options there, or on the other side of Pattaya Hill, near the Cosy Beach Hotel (nice and affordable, close to a nice little bay)

Then further South there's more good beaches, like inside that naval base. Oh and Ko Larn island of course. (Go to Samae Beach on Ko Larn in particular)

If you're really opposed to Pattaya then Ko Samet isn't that much further. Trat to me sounds like a really long drive and personally I don't think Ko Chang is nicer than Samet..

Hua Hin...  Kind of feels like Jomtien beach to me. (I know many people disagree with that, but on  a casual visit it had all the touristyness of Jomtien, but at higher prices.)

My favorite though:  Prachuap Khriri Khan town & Ao Manao.. That's a long drive from Chiang Mai tho.

Hi i am about to decide to book in the next few days,to come to Pataya for holiday for 18 days,staying at the AMARI ORCHID HOTEL on the( North Pataya Road)are the beach/beaches at Pataya not to good then,can you further elaborate on your comment,thanks.

regards

love you long time