Khon Kaen Immigration

klikster

So, if they stamped your passport as "Retirement" it should follow that the financial requirements met the higher level than what is required for marriage, for example 800,000B if you qualified in that way.

Still seems quite a severe mistake, to have the wrong stamp? I mean, have they stamped it in this way just to avoid the extra paperwork and time required for a marriage extension, or, is it an actual mistake that may cause ramifications on renewal next year?...................On the surface it looks fine, but!

Edited by fishhooks

it is not a wrong stamp. He qualified for both, and in such cases immigration preferes to go for an extension based on retirement. Simply because it is a lot less work. The marriage extension also requires you to come back after 30 days for final aproval, as they wont give the extension right away.

If you have reasons to go for n extension based on marriage when you qualify for both, you are advised to make very clear that you want the extension based on marriage. For example bacause you ae looking for a job and based on retirement you can't get a work permit.

If you have reasons to go for n extension based on marriage when you qualify for both, you are advised to make very clear that you want the extension based on marriage. For example bacause you ae looking for a job and based on retirement you can't get a work permit.

--------------------

So let me ask this then, does a marriage visa allow me to apply for a work visa?

"So let me ask this then, does a marriage visa allow me to apply for a work visa?"

No such thing as a Work Visa.

But, yes, with an extension based on marriage, you can apply for a Work Permit from the Labor Office.