Lamphun Deaths

dingdongrb

The Chiang Mai mail is no better on reporting

Much better, IMHO.

The count is 19 and the mail says 11 ? RIP

11 may have been the initial report. At least they reported the tragedy.

I'll give them credit that The Chiang Mai Mail has mentioned this tragic incident but IMHO they are just as bad as the other news outlets. The incident apparently happen on February 13th a Saturday and they did not report in their issue of February 16th. Now they report it on February 23rd a full 10 days after the fact and they can not get the information correct or add any new information. Like the old saying goes, A day late and a dollar short.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One post and its replies deleted. If you can't make your point without name calling go elsewhere and come back when you are capable.

Can u tell me how to do a new post on here please i must be missing something, I need to ask a question.

Thanks very much

The Chaingmai Mail is a weekly newspaper that comes out every Tuesday. It is not the NY Times. They do a good job for their local readers who want the info about CM. I for one enjoy their publication and the info provided. As to the horrible events that is under discussion, my heart goes out to the families that were hurt by such a stupid and tragic event. 19 dead in one crash should be national news but TIT. Newspeak ?? George Orwell would be proud. Be careful out there its a jungle.

This is awful. When I first read this thread I thought 4 or 5 people had lost their lives That in itself a tragedy.

More than that it's Carnage. Anyone know the final death toll ? Are we talking 11 or 19 ?

PB. I was sorry to hear about your student. Sincere Condolences. May they All R.I.P

This is awful. When I first read this thread I thought 4 or 5 people had lost their lives That in itself a tragedy.

More than that it's Carnage. Anyone know the final death toll ? Are we talking 11 or 19 ?

PB. I was sorry to hear about your student. Sincere Condolences. May they All R.I.P

sorry but RIP doesnt quite cut it for me, Rest in peace. Whos peace did they want to rest. Platitudes. Uneducated Babble. Leave them alone.

END

The Chaingmai Mail is a weekly newspaper that comes out every Tuesday. It is not the NY Times. They do a good job for their local readers who want the info about CM. I for one enjoy their publication and the info provided. As to the horrible events that is under discussion, my heart goes out to the families that were hurt by such a stupid and tragic event. 19 dead in one crash should be national news but TIT. Newspeak ?? George Orwell would be proud. Be careful out there its a jungle.

The ChiangMai Mail paper is only good for wrapping last weeks fish and chips. 20 pages of self ingratiating rubbish for 30 baht. I am surprised that anyone buys it. 10 minutes at the news stand and you can read everything in it an put it back on the shelf. :)

One post and its replies deleted. If you can't make your point without name calling go elsewhere and come back when you are capable.

Can u tell me how to do a new post on here please i must be missing something, I need to ask a question.

Thanks very much

See the little box at the top RH side, (or the bottom RH side for that matter) try clicking on that and 'heh presto' you're in business :)

Edited by krakatoa

The ChiangMai Mail paper is only good for wrapping last weeks fish and chips. 20 pages of self ingratiating rubbish for 30 baht. I am surprised that anyone buys it. 10 minutes at the news stand and you can read everything in it an put it back on the shelf. :)

Why but it? Its free on the net and is usually available about noon each Tuesday.

The ChiangMai Mail paper is only good for wrapping last weeks fish and chips. 20 pages of self ingratiating rubbish for 30 baht. I am surprised that anyone buys it. 10 minutes at the news stand and you can read everything in it an put it back on the shelf. :D

Why but it? Its free on the net and is usually available about noon each Tuesday.

perhaps krakatoa wants to read "old" reported news straight off the press :)

Being the initial poster I said that there were 11 that were killed as I had first hand information (and video) but for some reason, as usual farangs, most had to doubt.... Funny group many of you are... I guess instead of posting on here I let you wait a week or two and then perhaps you can see if it shows up in a local paper.....LMAO

Cerbera wrote :
These poor people had no choice they were wiped out by a truck. They werent being reckless.

Krakatoa responded :

There is no evidence that they were not being reckless. The guy driving the truck was a psychopath (as many drivers are in the realm) but there is still the distinct possibility that at less some of the motorcyclists did contribute to their fate in some way.

We cannot imagine what logic (or religious beliefs, or philosophy) could lead to a hypothesis (or, even the act of imagining) that any of the tragically dead victims of an-out-of control driver "did contribute to their fate in some way."

This does remind us of a certain passage in Joseph Heller's "Catch 22" (which GDPJohn quotes frequently here on ThaiVisa) where Captain Black, determined to prove Major Major was a communist, tries to force Doctor Daneeka into refusing medical treatment for Major Major who is being starved to death for refusing to sign the loyalty oath :

Captain Black : You're not against Catch-22, are you?"

Doc Daneeka : Doc Daneeka was adamant, "What makes you so sure Major Major is a Communist?"

Captain Black : "You never heard him denying it until we began accusing him, did you?

Even without evidence : we conclude that everyone posting here has a human heart, and feels compassion for needless loss of life, including you.

best, ~o:37;

Maybe you have been driving on different roads to me ) Maybe are you in Manila perhap's but that wouldn't change too much as the are brain dead in both countries anyway.

If you have driven in the realm and have never pulled up at the traffic lights and had 4-8-10 motorcyclists pulled in front of you are you either a fool, a lier, a cretyin or all three or you must be sitting at the lights with you GF occupying your undevided attention.

Now when this 10 (or more) wheeler whips around the bend and cleans up a few big time "have they contributed or have they not" The answer is as clear as the pug nose in their pretty brown skinned faces. Of course they have contributend

So som nam naa. I do not want to see even one these young girls cut down but my loosing sleep about it is not gonna change a thing.

I have been here 20 years and in a former life was engaged in saving life , "but there are none so blind as those who do not want to see"

Edited by krakatoa

Cerbera wrote :
These poor people had no choice they were wiped out by a truck. They werent being reckless.

Krakatoa responded :

There is no evidence that they were not being reckless. The guy driving the truck was a psychopath (as many drivers are in the realm) but there is still the distinct possibility that at less some of the motorcyclists did contribute to their fate in some way.

We cannot imagine what logic (or religious beliefs, or philosophy) could lead to a hypothesis (or, even the act of imagining) that any of the tragically dead victims of an-out-of control driver "did contribute to their fate in some way."

This does remind us of a certain passage in Joseph Heller's "Catch 22" (which GDPJohn quotes frequently here on ThaiVisa) where Captain Black, determined to prove Major Major was a communist, tries to force Doctor Daneeka into refusing medical treatment for Major Major who is being starved to death for refusing to sign the loyalty oath :

Captain Black : You're not against Catch-22, are you?"

Doc Daneeka : Doc Daneeka was adamant, "What makes you so sure Major Major is a Communist?"

Captain Black : "You never heard him denying it until we began accusing him, did you?

Even without evidence : we conclude that everyone posting here has a human heart, and feels compassion for needless loss of life, including you.

best, ~o:37;

Maybe you have been driving on different roads to me ) Maybe are you in Manila perhap's but that wouldn't change too much as the are brain dead in both countries anyway.

If you have driven in the realm and have never pulled up at the traffic lights and had 4-8-10 motorcyclists pulled in front of you are you either a fool, a lier, a cretyin or all three or you must be sitting at the lights with you GF occupying your undevided attention.

Now when this 10 (or more) wheeler whips around the bend and cleans up a few big time "have they contributed or have they not" The answer is as clear as the pug nose in their pretty brown skinned faces. Of course they have contributend

So som nam naa. I do not want to see even one these young girls cut down but my loosing sleep about it is not gonna change a thing.

I have been here 20 years and in a former life was engaged in saving life , "but there are none so blind as those who do not want to see"

Wow, 20 years and you still do not understand the traffic flow , bikes to the front at lites.

A no braina.

Being the initial poster I said that there were 11 that were killed as I had first hand information (and video) but for some reason, as usual farangs, most had to doubt.... Funny group many of you are... I guess instead of posting on here I let you wait a week or two and then perhaps you can see if it shows up in a local paper.....LMAO

I was one of the doubters, my apologies, I was told something by a village local that was told to him by another supposed eyewitness. I have learnt to be a little more careful about this type of information in the future