What Does Pizza Company Use For Cheese?

steffi

I remember a few years ago enjoying their seafood pizza but yesterday the cheese seemed like some kind of fondue that was not to my liking.

Never had this problem two years ago but that's two disappointing visits to Pizza Company this trip so far. Tried their scallop pasta and the pictures in the menu look like they are the kind of scallops you'd find in a good western restaurant but they were actually about 1/4 the size of those.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the Movie "Falling down" featuring Mike Douglas as Mr.D-fense aka William Foster... in the McDonalds outlet?

Try a pizza made by Italians from a wood fired oven and forget about the Microwave stuff...

Avoid anything that comes from within a plant eat everything that grows on or as a plant!

The "cheese" is probably a cheese substitute... or something resembling cheese!

In Germany there was just recently an uproar about a similar situation, it concerned

"Gel" artificial Ham and Cheese, made from starch and grease, which had nothing to do with the "real McCoy"!

If you can understand German read this:

click here:

Edited by Samuian

Try a pizza made by Italians from a wood fired oven and forget about the Microwave stuff...

Sounds great, but Italian pizza in Thailand is not usually up to much. If you do like it, try Pizza Hut/Company "thin and cripy crust". It is just as lousy as a real Italian pizza. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I like the Pizza Company's cheese. :)

Zero competition helps.

In New York there are thousands of pizzaria choices.

That comment surprises me, because in my little Thai mooban alone, there are at least 2-3 restaurants that sell/deliver pizza, some of which is "Italian style." Within a 5 minute drive is Pizza Hut & Pizza Company. I always thought that there was a fair amount of competition in Bangkok. Of course Bangkok is not going to compare to New York in terms of pizza choices. That would be like complaining about Thai food in New York and then saying that Bangkok has thousands of Thai food choices. :D

Some are ok, not on an European level of course, but way better than from PC or PH. Guess these junk food chains tailor make them for local tastes after deep research. I have heard from places in the sticks where they use mayonnaises instead cheese.

Sounds great, but Italian pizza in Thailand is not usually up to much. If you do like it, try Pizza Hut/Company "thin and cripy crust". It is just as lousy as a real Italian pizza. :D

:)

listen a gourmet!

and U.S. Citizen maybe?

Sounds great, but Italian pizza in Thailand is not usually up to much. If you do like it, try Pizza Hut/Company "thin and cripy crust". It is just as lousy as a real Italian pizza. :)

how would you know pizza? what you're used to, is chewing baked dough covered with acrylic cheese substitute and layered with a lurid amount of flavourless toppings, just as your typical American baked bread offering :D

If you have ever been to Italy then you would know the pizza is not that good I am afraid.

Listen another fine gourmet...

LMAO :) Just goes to show the level of food appreciation since the days of fast food armeggedon! The phrase "aint got a clue" springs to mind! Not even sure if you call the things that PH and PE make pizzas to be honest, so know wonder people are getting confused!

Sounds great, but Italian pizza in Thailand is not usually up to much. If you do like it, try Pizza Hut/Company "thin and cripy crust". It is just as lousy as a real Italian pizza. :D

:)

listen a gourmet!

and U.S. Citizen maybe?

NO SUCH THING !!!!

Sure!

The same people that say the pizza in Italy in not so good are the same that say that Napa Valley wines are better than french or italian ones.

Please.

All the food connoisseurs, gourmet, professional chefs. Stop talk about the beautiful qualities of PH or PC pizzas, or how the US pizzas are the best of the world.

Please.

Sounds better than a tasteless mahtzah with a tiny amount of flavourless toppings! :)

you mean as in "...soften the matzoh first, then soak in egg mixture, and fry. Traditionally in butter or chicken fat...", yeah right I guess anything is better than that tawdry fried dough, baked in electrical ovens that people in NY criminally insist calling pizza