What Does Pizza Company Use For Cheese?

steffi

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line if you want the best PIZZA it certainly is not in Italy! :)

that's akin to a Brazilian guy saying if you want to learn Welsh, Wales is the worst country to go to; instead one should rather go to Philippines where they speak the best Cymraeg ... :D so unwittingly funny, and your opinion carries the same weight as the Brazilian's

No one has suggested that the chain pizzas are more than quick meals for people in a hurry. Mostly, only children and folks who are on the run eat them in the U.S. However,there are lots of privately owned pizza parlors that make everything from scratch and are absolutely wonderful. Those are the real American pizzas.

actually Pizza Hut, Domino et al are real, quintessential American stomach churning pizza pies, tasteless swill that is American convenience food. The majority of consumers eat American pies at those chains. No wonders that when they see a real pizza they can't recognise it, nor understand it. The few indie places that UG refers to are, in the main, run and owned by Italian expats, who brought pizza to America, they represent a minority in term of overall consumption (chains have the vast majority of market share. Pizza Hut alone has 34,000 restaurants).Their pizzas are a far cry from the original, because they use local ingredients and have adapted to local tastes; nor that UG will ever know all of this. He has never eaten a pizza, he admitted it and he is not very bright

Edited by Sarge

"Pizza Hut is typical". "Only Italian Immigrants make fresh pizzas in the U.S". :D You have just proved conclusively that you do not have the slightest idea about pizza in America - or anywhere else. You are just making it up as you go along.

We have an old saying in America; don't ask advice on pizza from a rube. :D

Where in Hanoi and what's the name of the restaurant?
I lived in Hanoi 10 years ago for a while and it was right near the bottom of Hoan Kiem Lake

weaselling your way out again? Of course you can't name the restaurant, you've made the story up

As if anyone is going to remember the name of an Italian restaurant in a foreign country that they ate at 10 years ago. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I should probably stay out of this debate, even though I know a LITTLE about pizza. I seldom eat pizza in Thailand because it doesn't compare to what I make at home. But, considering the price and availability of good cheese in Thailand I suspect I know the reason why. I doubt if I could afford to make a pizza in Thailand like the one I make back home. Even in Rimping market I don't see the variety of cheese that I use in Canada.

And, when I make something for myself I tend to over-do it on the toppings: red and green peppers, Hot peppers, mushrooms, home made venison sausage, extra sharp chedder cheese, motzarella cheese and a variety of other toppings. I probably couldn't afford to sell one and make a profit.

Pizza_003.sized.jpg

Pizza_008.sized.jpg

Pizza_010.sized.jpg

After reading many culinary reviews on TV, I am quite certain that Ulysses is an unparalleled expert on the food that matters - the food we can get here.

There are endless varieties to pizza in the world, and tomato sauce on a cracker definitely describes some of the Italian made pizzas I have had in Chiang Mai. Apparently being Italian does not guarantee you are talented. However I have seen the 'very thin crust minimal topping' approach work very well, and I even make a version of that myself sometimes. I prefer mine with a lot more zing than you can get at restaurants however.

American style pizza is an art form unto itself, and franchises can't do it right (they are too cheap and too rushed). However when it is done right it can be a near religious experience, which I doubt can be said for the Italian version even on the best of days.

"Pizza Hut is typical". "Only Italian Immigrants make fresh pizzas in the U.S". :D You have just proved conclusively that you do not have the slightest idea about pizza in America - or anywhere else. You are just making it up as you go along.

your reading comprehension is deteriorating at alarming rate, it means senile dementia is setting in faster than you feared. Never said those two sentences, Pizza Hut is the largest pizza chain in USA with over 34,000 restaurants, if add those of Domino and other chains is where the majority of consumers go, especially families. It's worth saying that those chains market promotions aggressively to woo customers. I have actually done a study on this subject, having spent times in various cities. Italian expats brought pizza with them to America, even now that every dog has jumped on the pizza bandwagon (there are Latino pizza places where they accept Pesos a legal tender), the best and most known places are run by Italians or the second & third generation children. So having qualified my statement further, it shows that your comments are either false or you so partially sighted (in addition of being wheelchair bound) that you can't even understand what's in front of you. My guess is that you are both, phoney and demented. But please keep cackling away like Michael Moore on helium. It's so hilarious.

As if anyone is going to remember the name of an Italian restaurant in a foreign country that they ate at 10 years ago. :)

but you seem to remember well the whole conversation, which now has been exposed as falsehood. You thought of being clever in throwing mud on Italian pizza, but it backfired badly on you. How maroon can you be? well you're just being yourself :D

Edited by Sarge

I should probably stay out of this debate, even though I know a LITTLE about pizza. I seldom eat pizza in Thailand because it doesn't compare to what I make at home. But, considering the price and availability of good cheese in Thailand I suspect I know the reason why. I doubt if I could afford to make a pizza in Thailand like the one I make back home. Even in Rimping market I don't see the variety of cheese that I use in Canada.

And, when I make something for myself I tend to over-do it on the toppings: red and green peppers, Hot peppers, mushrooms, home made venison sausage, extra sharp chedder cheese, motzarella cheese and a variety of other toppings. I probably couldn't afford to sell one and make a profit.

Pizza_003.sized.jpg

Pizza_008.sized.jpg

Pizza_010.sized.jpg

Not bad Ian. It just needs some freshly grated truffles to top it off. :)

fresh truffle on that? it's bit of an overkill

Well I'm not such a big fan of venison. I was hoping the truffles might mask the flavour a bit. :D

Pizza_003.sized.jpg

Pizza_008.sized.jpg

Pizza_010.sized.jpg

don't worry, you seem to know a lot more than some Americans here, plus you can make your own homemade pizza which is good in my book. I use a rolling pin to stretch the dough. do you have an electrical or gas oven? how long you cook it for?

fresh truffle on that? it's bit of an overkill

Well I'm not such a big fan of venison. I was hoping the truffles might mask the flavour a bit. :D

I like venison but not on pizza

As if anyone is going to remember the name of an Italian restaurant in a foreign country that they ate at 10 years ago.

but you seem to remember well the whole conversation... How maroon can you be?

Of course I remember the conversation. How often does an Italian admit that American pizza is the best? By the way, you should not use words that you don't know how to use. It makes you look like a real maroon! :)

Others, whose posts you chose to ignore, have had the nightmare experience of tasting ketchup-on-crackers Italian pizza (as have I) in Italy. We all agree (except you of course). It sucks! And, as I figured, you have not tasted Chicago deep dish pizza, but you talk about it as if you have

so there we have it, another incompetent that has never eaten Italian pizza, only experienced Thai & American pizza and that was enough for you to judge it. Pathetic is the word that springs to mind, there are some others but they are unprintable. So where do you go from here? your reputation in tatters and tail between legs. I suspect that part of your obnoxious posting is due primarily to senility and inability to read well. If there was a braille computer out there I'll point out to you, in the meantime you may go back under the stone you crawled from

Your lack of taste is only superseded by your ignorance. Read what you copy and post. Irony comes to mind.

Normally I feel pity for the significantly challenged. However, in your case it's very difficult.

Edited by venturalaw

but you seem to remember well the whole conversation, which now has been exposed as falsehood. You thought of being clever in throwing mud on Italian pizza, but it backfired badly on you.

That might actually improve the taste! :D

I suspect that part of your obnoxious posting is due primarily to senility and inability to read well. If there was a braille computer out there I'll point out to you, in the meantime you may go back under the stone you crawled from

You forgot to insult him about being physically handicapped and using a wheelchair. You must be slipping. :)

Of course I remember the conversation. How often does an Italian admit that American pizza is the best? By the way, you should not use words that you don't know how to use. It makes you look like a real maroon! :)
Your lack of taste is only superseded by your ignorance. Read what you copy and post. Irony comes to mind.

Normally I feel pity for the significantly challenged. However, in your case it's very difficult.

I lump you together because ignorance and stupidity go hand in hand, and you two as bad case of Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy are so unwittingly funny. I guess you two share the same computer to save money. Interesting for all the bluster and vitriol you have shied away from qualifying your opinion on pizza, any pizza not just Italian or American pie, other than repeat the same mantra American pie is good, Italian pizza is bad. Not a technical comment on Gino East deep pie, which both of you have praised so much. No point discuss pizza with two geezers who don't know the subject. It is conclusive for all to see, you know nothing about pizza, any pizza, just two blowhard trolls in the twilight years of their lives yearning for attention. Look at UG comments about the Hanoi restaurateur, does he write that with a straight face?

Italian pizza (made in Italy) is made on extremely thin crust and, IMO, tasteless. America is where the consumable pizza was invented. My opinion is not based solely upon the pizzas that I have enjoyed in Thailand (mostly American in style), but based upon what I have enjoyed in America and in Thailand. There are few restaurants here in Chiang Mai that create the work of art known as the American pizza. But those restaurants that do, produce a product that is light-years ahead of anything that can be created in Italy.

Maybe you can ask a compassionate friend to book you an appointment with a local GP to prescribe some drugs to boost your cognitive brain functions as it seems you live in permanent mental haze. That post of yours is one of the biggest piece of garbage I ever read here at TV

Of course I remember the conversation. How often does an Italian admit that American pizza is the best? By the way, you should not use words that you don't know how to use. It makes you look like a real maroon! :D

I lump you together because ignorance and stupidity go hand in hand, and you two as bad case of Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy are so unwittingly funny. I guess you two share the same computer to save money. Interesting for all the bluster and vitriol you have shied away from qualifying your opinion on pizza, any pizza not just Italian or American pie, other than repeat the same mantra American pie is good, Italian pizza is bad. Not a technical comment on Gino East deep pie, which both of you have praised so much. No point discuss pizza with two geezers who don't know the subject. It is conclusive for all to see, you know nothing about pizza, any pizza, just two blowhard trolls in the twilight years of their lives yearning for attention. Look at UG comments about the Hanoi restaurateur, does he write that with a straight face?

Italian pizza (made in Italy) is made on extremely thin crust and, IMO, tasteless. America is where the consumable pizza was invented. My opinion is not based solely upon the pizzas that I have enjoyed in Thailand (mostly American in style), but based upon what I have enjoyed in America and in Thailand. There are few restaurants here in Chiang Mai that create the work of art known as the American pizza. But those restaurants that do, produce a product that is light-years ahead of anything that can be created in Italy.

Maybe you can ask a compassionate friend to book you an appointment with a local GP to prescribe some drugs to boost your cognitive brain functions as it seems you live in permanent mental haze. That post of yours is one of the biggest piece of garbage I ever read here at TV

I stated that I had tasted ketchup-on-crackers pizza in Italy, and you posted said post. My statement that "my opinion is not based solely upon the pizzas that I have enjoyed in Thailand (mostly American in style), but based upon what I have enjoyed in America and in Thailand" did not exclude others that I had tasted in other locations. I've tasted pizza even in the UK (not know for its tasty cuisine - but still far superior to the ketchup-on-crackers that I experienced in Italy).

I do pity you. So angry, hateful and full of contempt for the physically challenged. You must be very very lonely. Go snuggle up to your ketchup-on-crackers food. :)

BTW, you may want to invest in some English classes - perhaps a writing skills workshop. Not only are your posts nonsensical, but they are really poorly written. Oh, wait - it could be the result of your Italian ketchup-on-crackers diet. Ah, that's it. Never mind the English class recommendation. Given you dietary addiction, it would not help.

Edited by venturalaw

Yummi, american pizza on sale in every 7-Eleven!

The perfect pizza for the expert american gourmet.

Full of topping! With real cheddar!! Not that wet mozzarella!

Run, boys run!!!

post-58494-1267585591_thumb.jpg

NO MORE CRACKERS!!

I'm not surprised to learn the you are a fan of the local 7- Eleven pizza. I can't stand it myself (it is actually Thai style pizza), but here in Thailand, it is a little better than the tomato sauce on a dried out cracker style. :)

I'm not surprised to learn the you are a fan of the local 7- Eleven pizza. I can't stand it myself (it is actually Thai style pizza), but here in Thailand, it is a little better than the tomato sauce on a dried out cracker style.
QUOTE (angiud @ 2010-02-27 08:43:10) *

Sarge, do like me, stop write post in this thread

whistling.gif

Mmmm, weak humor :) . Absent-minded watching the seven american pizza

Yummi, american pizza on sale in every 7-Eleven!

The perfect pizza for the expert american gourmet.

Full of topping! With real cheddar!! Not that wet mozzarella!

Run, boys run!!!

post-58494-1267585591_thumb.jpg

NO MORE CRACKERS!!

I can see the Americans are going to have a dilemma with this. Whether to try out this delicious pizza or stick with their usual 7/11 hot dog. Well its all patriotic so no need to worry! :)

I stated that I had tasted ketchup-on-crackers pizza in Italy, and you posted said post. My statement that "my opinion is not based solely upon the pizzas that I have enjoyed in Thailand (mostly American in style), but based upon what I have enjoyed in America and in Thailand" did not exclude others that I had tasted in other locations. I've tasted pizza even in the UK (not know for its tasty cuisine - but still far superior to the ketchup-on-crackers that I experienced in Italy).

I do pity you. So angry, hateful and full of contempt for the physically challenged. You must be very very lonely. Go snuggle up to your ketchup-on-crackers food. :)

BTW, you may want to invest in some English classes - perhaps a writing skills workshop. Not only are your posts nonsensical, but they are really poorly written. Oh, wait - it could be the result of your Italian ketchup-on-crackers diet. Ah, that's it. Never mind the English class recommendation. Given you dietary addiction, it would not help.

trying to wriggle off the hook? well. we won't let you :D you stated on 22nd Feb that: "My opinion is not based solely upon the pizzas that I have enjoyed in Thailand (mostly American in style), but based upon what I have enjoyed in America and in Thailand." then 4 days later, on 26th Feb, after you saw where the discussion was heading to, you casually let it slip that: "..(as have I) in Italy" talking about other people experience. You lie and you know you are a lier. The reality is that you never eaten pizza outside USA and Thailand. Yet, you feel you can spout venom on Italian pizza, something you don't even know what it looks like let alone taste like. Then you get upset if somebody call you for what you are. Come on old boy, tell me about Gino East pizza, you are on record saying it's a wonderful pizza. Have you seen the ingredients, seen the tomato paste? the crust? it looks like a savoury pie with tomato paste on top. Did you the notice the spice topping? eheh hold on a second what's Romano cheese for you? Oopss sorry to many difficult questions, they make you tired, I can visualise you already hyperventilating.... quick take that Renin pill, oh well make it two. What sad life you living in a far flung country, eating sponge thick pies, plastered with tomato puree, Romano cheese and flavourless toppings. American pizza is a sponge bread plastered with tomato puree. Buddy, you are just a side show in this thread, not worth my time or everybody's time, now take your Renin and go to sleep.

Ketchup-on-cracker seems to cause irrational anger, a potty mouth and permanant brain damage as well as tasting like <deleted>. :D

OTH guzzling on American sponge bread plastered with tomato puree causes flatulence and rapid ageing, it's looks as appetising as pig swill :)