Divx Software

wolf359

What are you trying to do exactly?

I am trying to burn video files onto a DVD disc. I have placed my video files into the DivX media library, then I have to drag the files over to the burn to disc, but the software will not recognise that there is a blank disc in the e-drive and I cannot burn them onto a disc untill it does.

Any suggestions?

On the subject of DivX........a friend has just told me that he can download movies onto this format but only a special sort/type of cd/dvd player can play them. What is this all about..........sorry not a computer/IT whizz I am afraid.

He does not require codec's, he is just trying to put the converted DIVX movie onto a blank DVD.

Codec's allow you to play the movie on your computer.

Added:::

Sorry just noticed another poster asked about players. Yes VLC is one of the best, or Media Player Classic

Edited by beano2274

latest version of the DivX

It might help if you name the product you are using. There is plenty of software related to divx. Maybe somebody knows the one you are using and can instruct you. Or somebody can suggest a better alternative that is easier to use.

welo

latest version of the DivX

It might help if you name the product you are using. There is plenty of software related to divx. Maybe somebody knows the one you are using and can instruct you. Or somebody can suggest a better alternative that is easier to use.

welo

Latest free download from DivX.com

Where are you sourcing your movies from ??

If they are from torrents there is no need for a divX program to burn them as .avi and.divX are basically the one and same.

Use what ever burning software you have and burn a Data dvd.

EDIT: Just looked at DivX.com, did you pruchase the "pro" version ??

Edited by Spoonman

I'd be inclined to agree with the above post. ImgBurn is generally considered the best burning software by a long way. I burn alot of media and, with a combination of ImgBurn, quality media (Sony - the ones made in Taiwan, not Malaysia), and a decent external drive (LG) have a success rate of pretty much 100%.

Does your other software for disc burning see the drive? Have you tried a different disc? If the program thinks the disc is un-writable it will not be presented as a possible burn location. Is there something in the program that needs to be run to configure the drives, so that the program discovers possible destinations? These are rhetorical questions that may lead to a solution.

I too recommend ImgBurn.

If your software does not recognize the blank disk in the drive it could be for several reasons.

First try another blank disk, if you put any other disk in the drive is it recognized? Check your Divx settings that you have selected the correct drive.

Going a step further, switch off the computer and disconnect the drive then switch on again with the drive still unplugged. Then switch off and reconnect the drive before starting the computer again. This should give you a "Found new hardware" message with the system loading the drivers needed.

:)

To Philnz

yes if you want to play a DIVX Movie you need a DIVX player, but you can buy multi players

mine is a DIVX, DVD, CD etc player, just have to look around.

P.S. Got mine in Carrefor

Many thanks Beano......appreciate the info. Now for another question if I may; this friend talks about downloading movies from the internet!

If I tried that with my TOT internet connection it would surely be impossible as it takes hours to sometimes download a large email attachment, coupled with the fact that the connection often fails so it starts again, and again and so on. How is it possible to download movies given my circumstances???

Hope you don't mind the question! Philnz