Evaluate Ny Photos

jukapot

post-41235-1266404308_thumb.jpg

post-41235-1266404932_thumb.jpg

Two pictures of rocket festival in Laos. first picture is taken at Wat Tal Luang in Vientiane. I was attracted to how the older boy was keeping the younger from the hot sun.

The second picture are two dancers in a small village out side vientiane. Almost all small villages have their own Rocket Festival simply because its their tradition, it is not done to attract tourists.

Edited by jukapot

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what happened - I posted the wrong copies and didn't realize they were so dark. Is it my eyes or my age? Its not easy being a dirty old man. If I may I would like to resubmit these two photos.

post-41235-1268539634_thumb.jpg

I love this picture showing the older boy sheltering the younger from the hot sun while watching the rockets launching.

post-41235-1268540597_thumb.jpg

Two dancers celebrating the Rocket Festival in in a small village in Laos. I love seeing the age difference between the two doing the traditional dances of Laos.

Pictures are 40 years old and were taken with a Minolta SRT 101 on Kodachrome. I recently scanned them on a Nikon Coolscan IV ED.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the one with the 2 dancers best.

Strange colors on the 2 boys! Maybe the first post is better?

You have used 2 different scanners I understand, what are your experiences wuth them?

Have you tried other softwares like Vuescan?

There is another thread where we are discussing scanners, would be interesting to get your views there!

:):D:D