What Visa Can I Get As Ive A Thai Kid

I work overseas and usually a 30 day visa is enough for me, but i should be staying longer from now on, so to avoid the troubles of getting a 60 day visa for every visit is there a better type of visa for fathers of Thai kids something a bit more permanent ... im presuming there isnt but would like to know what people in a similar position do.

Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa.

This means you can come and go as many times as you want for a year. Each entry cannot be more than 90 days.

There is also a chance of 12 month extensions from Immigration but you have to be available every year to apply for it.

2.18 In the case of a family

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

The 12 month extension is applied for at Immigration in Thailand and costs 1,900 Baht.

The child would have to be legally recognized as yours. I will leave others to provide more detail.

If successful you would need a Multi Re Entry Permit to enable you to leave and return. 3,800 Baht.

This might give a bit more info Here Scroll down to 2.18

The best choice would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa if you do not intend to live in Thailand full time. This is not available in Thailand and not likely to be obtained in the immediate area - but can often be obtained in home country or other areas. Perth would be the best bet in Asia area but don't know where you work.