Kill-a-watt Availability In Bkk

leftnose

i did see some of them to buy on a local market on ratchadapisek ...

well the dealer was not interested n selling the devices .. he just use it to demonstrate that his "cheat-the-MEA-Devices" do actually work :)

but anyway he had some on stock.

Edited by altf4

Interesting ^^^ were they 220V versions with the US style outlet?

I brought mine from the UK, never seen anything like them in the shops here :)

I did actually look into getting some 220V US outlet ones made, but the outfit in China that makes them had a minimum order of 5000 @ $10 a pop, a bit rich for me considering I've failed miserably to sell my 220V outlet testers :D

For those who don't know :- http://www.p3international.com/products/sp...0/P4400-CE.html

EDIT This might do better in DIY where the 'lectrical bods live, moving it there :D

better get a EU version and use an adapter ..

220v with US outlet may same easy to find as 20Tons Trucks with Benzin Engine ... (well .. TIT :) )

ill take a closer look if the guy is arround there next weekend

Free energy! Here we go again.

I'd be interested to see how / if he's fooling a Kill-A-Watt. If he is indeed making it show lower WATTS consumed then it would most likely fool a regular electric meter.

I'll put money on him showing lower VA and improved PF and then smart-talking the paying public who will of course, have absolutely zero idea what he's on about.

• 1 year later...

Plenty of work-alikes on eBay from HK or China who will ship to Thailand.

Probably less effort and likely cheaper than trogging round looking for one :)

I've pretty well given up looking locally for anything remotely exotic or unusual on the technology front. Buy the cheap Chinese carp off eBay, it will be the same as you would buy here anyway.

• 1 year later...

The device is for monitoring energy use of an individual appliance and they are designed to plug into a 3 pin socket outlet.

They will display various parameters, eg, current, kWhs and voltage.

They will NOT alter the reading of any kilowatt hour meter. More complex versions are designed for switchboard mounting and can be monitored by suitable softwate to a PC for a complete home installation.

• 2 months later...