Employment Contacts At Bumrungrad Hospital

kamahele

I know this forum is for medical issues but thought this might be the right place to ask about a medical employment issue. I friend of mine who is a registered nurse in America needs one year of experience in critical care but the job market is tight in the States right now and is unable to find employment there. Without the year's experience, he is restricted in employment and compensation. He is looking for a contact at Bumrungrad in hopes of getting a position there. He speaks English and Tagalog fluently but not Thai. Pay is not really an issue for him, but the experience and future benefits it will pay.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Bumungrad is a forum sponsor, you can click on their banner or send a PM to them.

The question is if it is possible, as there might be a problem with qualifications being recognized. Other, English speaking countries, might be a better option if he doesn't speak Thai. Generally speaking the staff is Thai and communicates in Thai, not English.

If pay is not an issue and he speaks Tagalog then I would guess that working as a volunteer Nurse in the Philippines would be an option. However, maybe he should look at Singapore as an alternative, or dare I say Australia - which is still on a large recruitment drive. I have several ex colleagues working in recruitment so drop me a PM, and I can put you in touch with them - they do not charge fees or any of that BS.

As for Thailand, as Sheryl has said it is not possible as far as I know to work as a Nurse in a clinical domain without being licensed here, which would mean Thai exams. I am registered in the UK, and whilst I still work in the same field, I am not employed as a "Nurse".