Passport for child

General rule: Show British passport at flight checkin counter at Don Muang. Show the passport she entered Thailand with TM card to the Thai immigration for exit stamp.

Be prepared that the airline wants to see both passports, the Thai one as the English (I assume) has no Thai entry chop and the British one as proof that no UK-visa is required.

Thai immigration wants to see TM-card, entry-chop and boarding pass.

Actually, it is no problem, I do it all the time, however, airline wants to see both passports to ensure proper visa is there, resp. not required.

If she was born here and has never left Thailand she should use the Thai passport. She (like all Thai passport holders) will only get a TM card at check in.

You should fill out the departure section of the TM for her, and the immigration officer will staple the arrival section in her passport for use when she returns to thailand.

Enter and leave the UK on british passport.

Return to Thailand on the Thai passport using the TM card that was stapled into the passport when you left. The immigration guy will then rip it out of her passport and stamp her in with no limit on her stay in thailand.

Always show both passports to the airline check in, so they know that your daughter has the right to enter the UK. Otherwise, they wont let her board.

Mate contact the British Embassy as there is a little Visa sticker thingy (it's a one off deal and the lady here said it's not cheap...maybe a few thousand Baht) you can get put into your kid's Thai passport to say she has dual nationality (allowing you to leave on one passport and arrive on a different one!). My friend went there yesterday and was informed of this. I hope it helps.