Retirement Visa

CM4Me

One month according to the immigration official I asked last week.

I asked because I wanted to change my annual renewal date by bringing it forward six months and willing to forfeit 6 months in order to make a renewal. But if I want to do that I have to let my visa expire, leave the country and when I want another retirement visa, get a Non imm about a month before I want the ret visa and start the whole process from scratch. I would have thought if you renewed it after only 6 months the government would benefit revenue wise, but I guess this is far too complicated.

Have done an extension with six weeks left on the old one. Had to depart the Kingdom for a family emergency and they were very accomodating. Worth a try to just tell them why you want to do it and are willing to give up six months.

Nope, this was the 2nd person I tried, gave (what I thought) were good reasons and all were insistent on one month. I can understand that they might be able to give a little leeway for an emergency, but no way would they entertain 6 months. It doesn't make much sense to me and I told them I was happy to give up 6 months, it is revenue in their favour.

I guess immigration rules are rules, which need to be followed in any country.