Pataya Beaches Comments?

Hi,

I would appreciate some helpful comments about the beach/beaches in Pataya it would of great interest to me?.From the comments i have seen in the forum the beach/beaches do not look too good!.

No one has specified particulars,are they dirty,untidy,is the sea polluted and dirty,is there a lot of debris,people hassling you ect ect,some accurate comments would be appreciated.

I am hoping to stay at the AMARI ORCHID HOTEL (north pataya road),i understand the beach is across the road,what is it like any good?,hotel and beach?.

Thanks. :o

regards

love you long time :D

The beach area opposite the Amari is better than the area towards South Pattaya however i wouldnt like to swim at either location. Beach vendors abound so you will get pestered to some extent.

If you are here for a couple of weeks you may want to consider 2 or 3 nights on Koh Samet its only an hour down the coast by mini-bus (book yourself or the Amari will do it for you) the beaches there are 1000% better than those in Pattaya and it/ll give you a nice break. Can recommend Malibu Resort on Von Deun beach.

I could not recommend swimming at any of Pattaya's beaches. :o

If you want to stay close to a relatively clean beach, but still be able to access Pattaya's "attractions", I would suggest staying at the Ambassador Hotel in Na-Jomtien... similar pricing to the Amari, but much better beach. It also has a comlimentary minibus service running in/out of Pattaya.

No one has specified particulars,are they dirty,untidy,is the sea polluted and dirty,is there a lot of debris,people hassling you ect ect,some accurate comments would be appreciated.

All of the above! :o

I could not recommend swimming at any of Pattaya's beaches. :D

If you want to stay close to a relatively clean beach, but still be able to access Pattaya's "attractions", I would suggest staying at the Ambassador Hotel in Na-Jomtien... similar pricing to the Amari, but much better beach. It also has a comlimentary minibus service running in/out of Pattaya.

Thanks Jai Dee,i just looked up the Ambassador Hotel in Na-Jomtie,wow :o what a place amazing! :D .

I will see if i can get in there,how far from the action is it?,town,bars ect?

regards

LYLT :D

I'll give you my input. I stayed on Soi Post Office next to all the important action in S. Pattaya. The Soft Rock Cafe was 350 baht a night.

Got there and was stocked to see an ocean. Then I got closer and it was less attractive. When night time came I saw what Pattaya was really for.

I'll save those stories for barladies.com. so moral of the story is don't go to Pattaya for the beach. Goto one of the Koh's. white sand and clear water. However, Hat Rin has been known to have puke, shit and semen floating around.

Helllo love you long time

i just back Pattaya no long time i think you should not to play Pattaya becoz is dirty and almost of bottles ,no good na but i could you see new beach quiet and beauituful i confirm and surely. you leave Pattaya and catch up bus oppsit Bic - C at Pattaya you catch up minibus Na - Kaie or main bus u and tell driver that you want to go Sue - Fuk - Ta -Han -Mai < 20 bath for pay bus >

or you rent car at Pattaya drive main South Pattaya road, u will see Bic -c store and it have tracfic light then you turn right , you leave traffic light you drive ahead :o observe military it settle of your right ... watch out small soilder models, Then you arrive and across road ahead go there ,remit your passport to solider their will list your name and give back its you.. :D , go ahead and ask man there that Sad - Kaiw - beach you will pay 50 bath for ticket for farang if thai 20 bath :D beware road coz it is travelling for perserve..

oh i forget you :D you should pack food for eat many eating becoz it you stay there food shop will close fast and for your .. convenience if you see good view at here i think you donot lose with nice view and quiet natural u can to talk with soilder tahe they are ver friendly..

Have a good time

Impossible_me

Edited by impossible_me

i just back Pattaya no long time i think you should not to play Pattaya becoz is dirty and almost of bottles ,no good na but i could you see new beach quiet and beauituful i confirm and surely. you leave Pattaya and catch up bus oppsit Bic - C at Pattaya you catch up minibus Na - Kaie or main bus u  and tell driver that you want to go Sue - Fuk - Ta -Han -Mai < 20 bath for pay bus >

or you rent car at Pattaya drive main South Pattaya road, u will see Bic -c store and it have tracfic light then you turn right , you leave traffic light you drive ahead  :o observe military it settle of your right ... watch out small soilder models, Then you arrive and across road ahead go there ,remit your passport to solider their will list your name and give back its you.. :D , go ahead and ask man there that Sad - Kaiw - beach you will pay 50 bath for ticket for farang if thai 20 bath  :D beware road coz it is travelling for perserve..

oh i forget you  :D you should pack food for eat many eating becoz it you stay there food shop will close fast and for your  .. convenience if you see good view at here i think you donot  lose with nice view and quiet natural u can to talk with soilder tahe they are ver friendly..

Have a good time

Impossible_me

Nice report Impossible_me............ :D

i just back Pattaya no long time i think you should not to play Pattaya becoz is dirty and almost of bottles ,no good na but i could you see new beach quiet and beauituful i confirm and surely. you leave Pattaya and catch up bus oppsit Bic - C at Pattaya you catch up minibus Na - Kaie or main bus u  and tell driver that you want to go Sue - Fuk - Ta -Han -Mai < 20 bath for pay bus >

or you rent car at Pattaya drive main South Pattaya road, u will see Bic -c store and it have tracfic light then you turn right , you leave traffic light you drive ahead  :o observe military it settle of your right ... watch out small soilder models, Then you arrive and across road ahead go there ,remit your passport to solider their will list your name and give back its you.. :D , go ahead and ask man there that Sad - Kaiw - beach you will pay 50 bath for ticket for farang if thai 20 bath  :D beware road coz it is travelling for perserve..

oh i forget you  :D you should pack food for eat many eating becoz it you stay there food shop will close fast and for your  .. convenience if you see good view at here i think you donot  lose with nice view and quiet natural u can to talk with soilder tahe they are ver friendly..

Have a good time

Impossible_me

Nice report Impossible_me............ :D

Thank you very much for the very helpful advice Thai Flyer! :D ,the advice for travelling to a nice beach and the travelling to get there is so useful and appreciated,we will most certainly take your helpful advice.

Maybe when we get there next week 24th in Pattaya may we can meet up for a beer and a bite to eat?

best regards

love you long time :D

If you want to swim/laze on beach try the Hard Rock Hotel. They have a fairly large pool with an artificial beach, everything clean and well maintained and it is just across the road from the real beach.

Thanks pnutedt

That sounds very helpful/interesting,can anyone go on this beach? and do you have to access the beach it by going through the hotel?,any problems there-oh and where is the Hard Rock Hotell Located?,we are staying at the AMARI ORCHID in patttaya.

regards

love you long time :o

p.s Does the Hotel(HRH) have any live rock bands play there,i am a musician(guitar)

I'll give you my input.  I stayed on Soi Post Office next to all the important action in S. Pattaya.  The Soft Rock Cafe was 350 baht a night.

Got there and was stocked to see an ocean.  Then I got closer and it was less attractive.  When night time came I saw what Pattaya was really for.

I'll save those stories for barladies.com.  so moral of the story is don't go to Pattaya for the beach.  Goto one of the Koh's.  white sand and clear water.  However, Hat Rin has been known to have puke, shit and semen floating around.

:o Sounds grim, what you say :D ,did you go on your own?

LYLT

The  beach  area  opposite  the  Amari  is  better  than  the  area  towards  South  Pattaya  however  i  wouldnt  like  to  swim  at  either  location. Beach  vendors  abound  so  you  will  get  pestered  to  some  extent.

If  you  are  here  for  a  couple  of  weeks  you  may  want  to  consider  2  or  3  nights  on  Koh  Samet  its  only  an  hour  down  the  coast  by  mini-bus  (book  yourself  or  the  Amari  will  do  it  for  you)  the  beaches  there  are  1000%  better  than  those  in  Pattaya  and  it/ll  give  you  a  nice  break. Can  recommend  Malibu  Resort  on  Von Deun  beach.

Thanks for that Thai Flyer,i will put that on my list of where to go with with my partner,forgive my ignorance but is Koh Samet on an island or is it part of th

mainland?.

Any idea of prices at the (2) hotels?,or were they beaches you quoted?

Thanks again,oh by the way sorry for the quoted post i sent you by mistake from (impossible me) :o ,cock up on my part :D .

LYLT

Have a good time

Impossible_me

Thanks you very much for the helpful tip on travelling to another beach,much appreciated! :D ,when i get there maybe we can meeet up for a drink and a bite to eat?,i arrive 24 th may with my girlfriend.

regards

LYLT :D

Thanks for that Thai Flyer,i will put that on my list of where to go with with my partner,forgive my ignorance but is Koh Samet on an island or is it part of th

mainland?

Ko is the Thai word for island, so any place with Ko or Koh in the name is an island.

Ko Samed is definitely worthwhile. I made some comments in an earlier thread along with some other members who had good info;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33560

You can also search the forum for a lot of other member's comments.

Hope this helps :o