Farang Resort Manager Tries To Force Beach Masseuse ......

Samuian

... to massage his "Back Pain" in the room, even there is a massage beach sala.

On her refusal to do so, because it is a policy of the business "no private massages in Hotel rooms", he threatened her to not be able to work there anymore, even the massage business is renting only the beach space and access to the location through the resort!

What would you do?

Edited by Samuian

in his own Resort?

that's kinda stupid I would say.

which resort? he must be new on the island.

he is a manager. the lady if she is under contract can go to the owner and tell them her problems. if they sack her. she can take them to court. if that is the case. better for the manager to go walkies. he might have dug his ow grave. if she is not under contract. then she should just leave. there are plenty of descent massages on the island. nice to know that some of these ladies still have morals.

all i can say with out breach of thai visa rules for the customer. there isa time and a place for everything. This is samui. chill out!

I'm confused. (Easily done :) )

Is it the policy of the hotel not to allow massages in their rooms, or the policy of the massage business to not do so?

If it is the hotel then the manager clearly is in the wrong and the owner needs to know about it.

If it is the massage business, then, as they are renting from the hotel and allowed access, the hotel could ask them to move on and get another business that will do hotel room massages? Not a wise move in my view, but possible surely?

Samuian,

How did you find out about this?

Being one of her clients and in the industry myself she told me - and asked what she can do!

@all the others, thank you for your responses!

The person concerned is here for long, so he should be aware!

He is ONLY the Manager, NOT the owner, even if so, would there be any difference?

He approached 2 of her co-workers as well, with the same blunt thread!

They are no employees of the resort, the massage sala happen to be in front of this resort, as many others are!

The policy of not massaging in rooms privately, is policy of the massage business and has many reasons,

one is security, theft... and the main reason is... well obvious "extra curricular" sex services, which not every woman feels to deliver on request!

And because of the thread to remove her from the job... it's pretty obvious what it is all about - it's a very nasty way trying to

force someone into this, exploitation at it's worst, using his position of "power" - wonder how often he got it his way!?

Samuian,

How did you find out about this?

Being one of her clients and in the industry myself she told me - and asked what she can do!

@all the others, thank you for your responses!

The person concerned is here for long, so he should be aware!

He is ONLY the Manager, NOT the owner, even if so, would there be any difference?

He approached 2 of her co-workers as well, with the same blunt thread!

They are no employees of the resort, the massage sala happen to be in front of this resort, as many others are!

The policy of not massaging in rooms privately, is policy of the massage business and has many reasons,

one is security, theft... and the main reason is... well obvious "extra curricular" sex services, which not every woman feels to deliver on request!

And because of the thread to remove her from the job... it's pretty obvious what it is all about - it's a very nasty way trying to

force someone into this, exploitation at it's worst, using his position of "power" - wonder how often he got it his way!?

if the massage business is seperate then all the manager can do is not let this lady in his resort. Then she would not need to go into the resort anyway if the business is seperate.

Not sure there is anything anyone can do. Maybe she can go straight to her boss. then it is up to him / her. It is up to the boss who he/ she lets in. good luck

@BigC: She did tell her boss, all he did shrugged his shoulders and smiled (Thai male) with the other same., same.

BUT, the day after the last event some employee was send to collect the monthly rent way before it was due!

Clear signal of bullying and very, very nasty - if one knows the reason...!

Samuian take a step back. Is this girl your gf or wife ? If not then think if a thai did something bad to you. Would she stand up for you ? I dont think so the worlds ' you are a farang and this is thailand ' would not be far away.

She has told the Owner of the resort so thats all she can do. This a problem a farang can do nothing about.

Also you have heard just her side of the story . Whats to say she hasn't made this story up to try and blackmail the farang manger into giving her money.

Remember this is thailand and there is a good chance she has not told you the whole story of what has happened

As I work in the industry as well all I can say in this regard is total lack of professionalism by this Foreigner. If he really needed a back massage he should have done things in a more decent manner. Although from the samuian posting and what evidence we have and from further postings from samuian we know appearantly this person has done this before to others. Not hard to figure out what can of person this is. The thai boss seems not to care and allows this conduct to go on. It must be a poorly managed resort then.

I can say honestly though I have had similiar experiences that have almost happened in our spa not only by Thai Males, but Foreigner Males as well. Keep in mind there very rare incidents. Our therapists all know when a event happens like this what actions to take as we have simple clear policies on this matter.

Like Samuian said

policy of not massaging in rooms privately, is policy of the massage business and has many reasons,

one is security, theft... and the main reason is... well obvious "extra curricular" sex services

This is also the reason we don't allow in room massages in the hotel rooms.

Samuian take a step back. Is this girl your gf or wife ? If not then think if a thai did something bad to you. Would she stand up for you ? I dont think so the worlds ' you are a farang and this is thailand ' would not be far away.

She has told the Owner of the resort so thats all she can do. This a problem a farang can do nothing about.

Also you have heard just her side of the story . Whats to say she hasn't made this story up to try and blackmail the farang manger into giving her money.

Remember this is thailand and there is a good chance she has not told you the whole story of what has happened

I wont step back, nor back off!

Because I think I can judge the situation really well, this guy is simply one of those....she has absolutely NO reason to lie or to make up a story to "blackmail" this guy, if so what could she gain??????

And are you one of those, who argue that a rape victim carries part of the burden, or it's even her fault, because she's female?

It does sound a bit like this - sorry, no offense meant as this is a rather delicate matter - I think!

Believe me, I live and work here in the tourism/hotel industry for a long time, some 20 years, this is sick behavior, especially one can have the kind of service he might be looking for, anywhere, Thailand isn't exactly the Vatican is it?

And thank's at "livinthailandos" foryour input!

it is up to Samuian if he wants to take this up.

I think he is doing a good job. if u let your thai bird work in a massage maybe because she was qualified. then would u like that fact that she might be pushed against her will in a forangs room. in private area where there are no whitness or nothing to here or see what is going on.

I think if this was a black mail case she would have gone into the room and shouted rape. The fact is that she didn't go. by the sounds of it people are assumig she is guilty before even taking a proper look.

if she is black mailing the manager or her boss then i am sure it will come out throguh investigating. Though it sounds to me like this lady just wants to do her job by the book.

i would keep the pressure on. i don't like bullys, Thai or forang.

The 'owner' and the 'manager' are separate people. The owner should be made aware of this, and as he is likely to be Thai, he will know of his own 'way' of sorting out the problem.

Yes - she will be the loser in this case!

I just can't believe that a foreigner stirs up such <deleted>!

How desperate someone can be in an environment like this?

It really puts the character of this human manure not in a very good light!

It's the worst case scenario of bullying, and she's not even an employee of the company!

And has nothing to do with "my bird, g/f or even wife" it just doesn't fit a manager status,

nobody in such a position should bully people around like this and for this reason...!

Ever considered that he might be married to a local, how would she react to this?

back home he would be gone with all the consequences there are, legally he would be in deep <deleted>!

Maybe in Bangkok too, out here...?

I will see what can legally be done, there are 3 witnesses, so far.

Edited by Samuian

The 'owner' and the 'manager' are separate people. The owner should be made aware of this, and as he is likely to be Thai, he will know of his own 'way' of sorting out the problem.

Yes - she will be the loser in this case!

I just can't believe that a foreigner stirs up such <deleted>!

How desperate someone can be in an environment like this?

It really puts the character of this human manure not in a very good light!

It's the worst case scenario of bullying, and she's not even an employee of the company!

And has nothing to do with "my bird, g/f or even wife" it just doesn't fit a manager status,

nobody in such a position should bully people around like this and for this reason...!

Ever considered that he might be married to a local, how would she react to this?

back home he would be gone with all the consequences there are, legally he would be in deep <deleted>!

Maybe in Bangkok too, out here...?

I will see what can legally be done, there are 3 witnesses, so far.

if u want to take him to court. u can go to a lawyer and get free legal advise. then u can find out if there is any case there at all. Thai Lawayers are quite handy with all the hidden laws and technques and stuff. seee what happens. Its free of charge anyway nothing to lose.

infact i know someone that had a complaint with a thai. He went to see a lawyer. the lawyer said they he had to be carefull because if he accuses the Thai man of doing something. If the forang cannot prove he done these thing that he was accused of then the thai can counter sew and take him to court.

You can always take the witness and the lady down to the station. make a police report. get all 3 witness to sign.then take him to court. he might settle out of court. If that satifies everyone. He will still be punished just just in another way.

Edited by BigC

I'm confused. (Easily done :) )

Is it the policy of the hotel not to allow massages in their rooms, or the policy of the massage business to not do so?

If it is the hotel then the manager clearly is in the wrong and the owner needs to know about it.

If it is the massage business, then, as they are renting from the hotel and allowed access, the hotel could ask them to move on and get another business that will do hotel room massages? Not a wise move in my view, but possible surely?

you make a very good point and i bet it is the case too.

its the bad side of many farang that live and work here.Often they treat thai ladies like dirt and think they can do anything with them because often they have little money and they are th eall powerful farang because they have some.This kind of behaviour makes me sick,so go for it samuian and stick it to him.

its the bad side of many farang that live and work here.Often they treat thai ladies like dirt and think they can do anything with them because often they have little money and they are th eall powerful farang because they have some.This kind of behaviour makes me sick,so go for it samuian and stick it to him.

How true.

Must be a very hot chick to do so.

don't think she is Princess Layer. So you don't need to help. Obiwan Canobi.

Samuian. Use the force. The Police force is quite powerfull now days. i can feel its presants evrywhere.

Edited by BigC

i read this thread a few days ago and i am surprised that very few if any people mention the fact that the op starts out with the assumption that the manager wanted more than a massage.

so i would like to take it from an other angle. lets say you are a manager of a hotel and have a back pain that is so painful you want it massaged immediatly so you go to the massage girls that rent space from your hotel and ask them to come to your room to give you a private massage, because as the MD you do not fancy having the staff see you in your briefs. but instead of having this simple request fullfilled you get an attitude from the girl because she is assuming that you want sex. Well i dont know about you but i just might get a bit ticked off if i am getting an attitude from a massage girl because she assumes that i want to have sex?! all i am asking for is a simple massage in my room not an attitude attack hence the battle begins. why does this girl think that an MD would want her so badly when there are many woman ready and waiting for any man with money? Did she ever think that maybe he really just wanted a back massage?

i dont have the answer but i do know there are 2 sides to every coin.

The manager of the resort should first know his place, using a hotel room for personal things is a no-no. He lives in town and most likley knows where to get a massage, in his own home even im sure. As a manager if you know the massage groups policy is to not do room services, most would understand reason for said policy and not become a nusiance about it, well if you cant say what resort it is maybe you could tell us what resort its next to. This is shameful behavior and the guy deserves some form of discipline

Edited by tb86

i read this thread a few days ago and i am surprised that very few if any people mention the fact that the op starts out with the assumption that the manager wanted more than a massage.

so i would like to take it from an other angle. lets say you are a manager of a hotel and have a back pain that is so painful you want it massaged immediatly so you go to the massage girls that rent space from your hotel and ask them to come to your room to give you a private massage, because as the MD you do not fancy having the staff see you in your briefs. but instead of having this simple request fullfilled you get an attitude from the girl because she is assuming that you want sex. Well i dont know about you but i just might get a bit ticked off if i am getting an attitude from a massage girl because she assumes that i want to have sex?! all i am asking for is a simple massage in my room not an attitude attack hence the battle begins. why does this girl think that an MD would want her so badly when there are many woman ready and waiting for any man with money? Did she ever think that maybe he really just wanted a back massage?

i dont have the answer but i do know there are 2 sides to every coin.

only 1 side to this coin. There was a sign saying no massages in the room. plus they are a seperate company. so the customer can ask for the service in his room but the company does not have to be abliged to do so. it is definatly not worth being punished over. i mean if i worked in a car garage and someones car breaks down somewhere. i have no signs saying break down service. if a customer came up to me and insisted i picked up his or her car for them. I could say no. i only service cars in my shop/.

i could go out but i don't have to.

same this lady. there is no reason why she should be forced to go into a clients hotel room. even if it was not for sex. sepcailly if she doesn;'t even work for the hotel