Iphone - Ais Internet 20 Hour Package Query

zaq1

Hi everyone! I'd be grateful if someone out there could answer this:

We were warned against buying the internet AIS airtime package (basic 20 hour per month on 2G) for an iPhone because, as we were told, "unless the phone is securely disconnected after an internet session the time might re-connect and 'leak out' overnight, so to speak.

Does anyone know (besides using the Airport mode, which would completely disable the phone from incoming calls) is there a way to ensure that after internet use, the internet is properly disconnected? Is closing Safari sufficient to achieve this?

BTW, I have a 3G package which is 'download' and not 'time' based, a much more expensive option - though I the use the internet on my phone a lot. 20 hours at a fraction of the cost is quite sufficient for my partner's needs.

Thanks for any help!

I have the same package and have never had that problem.

I turned Data Roaming off in Settings, General, Network. I then just connect to Edge whenever I use the internet.

My phone is jailbroken and I installed SBS settings. Swipe across the top of the screen then click on Edge to connect. When finished swipe again and click Edge to disconnect.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the leaking problem with my iPhone and AIS.

It is sucking minutes unless I put it in Airplane mode. It was working fine and then al of the sudden it started sucking. I have been here for 4 months and this has happened a couple of times. Very frustrating. AIS customer service can be great and can be very difficult one this that seems certain is they will never give a refund. At least not yet. I am heading to the AIS office in Phuket Town right now. Will post what I find.

• 3 weeks later...

POsted this a zillion times now, but here we go:

- Uninstall any Cydia apps (jailbroken apps). Some of them actually do leak internet usage

- Go to Settings-> Notifications, turn OFF notifications. This will constantly leak internet when on.

- Go to Settings -> Mail -> Turn off push, set all mail accounts to manual (in Advanced->).

That's it, now you shouldn't leak internet.

Do this: Dial *139#, check your internet minutes, note how much you have left for GPRS minutes. Don't use the iPhone for an hour, then repeat. Do you still have the same number of minutes? If yes, you're not leaking internet usage.