Cheap Hotel

Kanos

Can anyone give me some advice on a cheap hotel for 2 or 3 nights in the Ratchathewi district or near the Victory Monument ? I'll have to do some shopping in the area.

Just need a room for 2 adults with shower and AC. The rest is bonus. Cheap would be <800 Baht.

Thanks

Kanos

Group: Members

Member No.: 100,107

Can anyone give me some advice on a cheap hotel for 2 or 3 nights in the Ratchathewi district or near the Victory Monument ? I'll have to do some shopping in the area.

Just need a room for 2 adults with shower and AC. The rest is bonus. Cheap would be <800 Baht.

Thanks

Kanos, We live near Victory Monument at Ratchathewi Soi 6, From BTS head down the road to Din Daeng Road oppisite side from Peace park, just before junction on left hand side and just before Korean Resturant there is a place, looks okay, secirity ets about 750 BT a night.

You can see Century Park Hotel BUT that is about 6,000 baht a night haha.

Sorry I don't know the name but is opposite the Police box at that junction.

Hope this helps.

BT :)

Im staying in Victory Monument now until my place in On Nut is ready for me to move in March 1st. Im at the Victory Executive Residences which isnt that cheap, but there is a place right next to here that is:

http://www.krungthaihotel.com/index.php?mo=10&art=361472

It puts you right next to Rangnam road with tons of choices for really cheap good food and you get to the BTS by walking through the Century shopping place right across the road.

Thanks for the replies. The Krungthai hotel seems ok but I don't know if they have a fridge, my wife won't stay in a room without fridge. I'll try to ask them if they have it, otherwise I'll stay at the Bangkok City Suite, it's not far from victory monument too.

Thanks for the replies. The Krungthai hotel seems ok but I don't know if they have a fridge, my wife won't stay in a room without fridge. I'll try to ask them if they have it, otherwise I'll stay at the Bangkok City Suite, it's not far from victory monument too.

Krung Thai is a 'short time' hotel. Avoid!

Krung Thai is a 'short time' hotel. Avoid!

Interesting. Im still new here so Im still a bit naive about these things, didnt mean to point anyone in the wrong direction. Sorry.

Haven't noticed any apparent "working" gals in this area yet, so I wouldnt have even guessed. I just thought it was grungy looking because, well, everything here looks grungy....hahaha.

Just DON'T go to the FIRST HOTEL, on Petchabury. Recently named as one of Asia 10 filthiest on TRIP ADVISOR.

Yeah, and it was at the number 1 spot last year (now number 8 or 9 I think).

There's the Florida Hotel by Phaya Thai BTS station which you might want to check out. Not sure on the quality or the exact prices but it looks pretty cheap. Very handy for the BTS also.