Calling Thailand From Abroad With One2call

madox66

Hi,

If I want a cheap international call using my one2call prepaid card, I have to dial 009 before the country code. But if I am in Europe and want to use my one2call sim card for calling Thailand, is there also a way to have cheap calls ?

Thanks

Why not use a type of VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocal) service with your computer?

All you need is an set of Microphone, Speakers and of course a Credit Card.

You can even buy a usb telephone that works as a regular telephone if you want, I don't; I just use a headset because I can still surf the net with both hands as I talk.

I use the following service: http://www.callserve.com/

You just download the program and set up you billing with it (you have to add money before you can use it but, if you don't like the service they will refund you).

It looks just like a cell phone on the desktop and ties in the the M$ Office Address Book, so if you already have your numbers stored in there you can use them with the Call Serve thing.

Calls to a Thailand mobile are:

8p/min (GB Pounds)

19c/min (Australian Dollar)

16c/min (US Dollar)

(Even cheaper if calling a Land Line but, I think most call Mobiles)

Nope,

Prepaid cards don't have roaming contracts with other countries...

It probably would be an accounting nightmare for the mobile providers to set up!

1 2 Call pre-pay most certailnly does have roaming and it works in UK but it's rather expensive and you get charged for incoming calls too. You have to dial a load of extra numbers to use it as well. (But I was amazed at the high cost of international calls on Vodaphone UK as well!)

at the time of writing I don't have the numbers to hand but if you want the rates, ring their customer service (EL service) and they will set up roaming and tell what number prefixes to dial.

First of all you must activate international roaming by calling the one2call service center.

When activated it is simple:

*131*country code,area code,number#

Unfortunately SMS seems not to be functioning (from US) but GPRS and MMS works.

More info to be found here : ONE2CALL

EDH

Nope,

Prepaid cards don't have roaming contracts with other countries...

It probably would be an accounting nightmare for the mobile providers to set up!

1 2 Call pre-pay most certailnly does have roaming and it works in UK but it's rather expensive and you get charged for incoming calls too. You have to dial a load of extra numbers to use it as well. (But I was amazed at the high cost of international calls on Vodaphone UK as well!)

at the time of writing I don't have the numbers to hand but if you want the rates, ring their customer service (EL service) and they will set up roaming and tell what number prefixes to dial.

Oh yes...you can't make use of SMS either..

• 1 year later...
not sure what country your from madox66 but from the uk i use story asia which i buy from my local shop using their pdq type machine-- i get 192 minutes for £10

hi i ring thailand to my wife every day for a least 2hours on her mobile and i buy a card call (iphone card) for £10 i get 1500 mins so it works out at 3/4 of a pence a minate to ring her all you have to do is ring the access number when you have purches a card ,use the 0207 number if you ring from a land line then it will be probly free most land line to land line calls are free theese days depending who your with , i use the free nins on my mobile witch work out at about a penny a min so for 1.3/4pence amin is all it cost me there is another card call talk home that gives you 1000mins for a fiver but some times not so good , they do have a habit of not working for short time some times but usually

ok .chocky

Edited by chocky

Here in the UK we can make calls to Thailand from 1 pence per minuet

Have a look at this site http://www.niftylist.co.uk/country_211.html

Steve and Mem

Or dial 08444624747 from any fixed phone in the UK to any phone in Thailand is 2p a minute.

Or you can phone for 1p per minute, if you dial any of these 0844 861 2828, 0844 861 3535 or 0844 861 3030. There is also one for .5p but can't remember the number at the minute :o