Goodbye And Thankyou

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers all, I'm just on my way out to the bank, then tie up some loose ends etc, all that nonsense.

I forgot to mention Jayenram and Bronco on the 'met already' list so apologies for that, it was bound to happen... Blast that edit deadline! :D

Look forward to seeing those of you who can make it tomorrow night.

Feeling much better today and looking forward to the break, I'll probably appreciate Thailand more when I do return next year.

It's easy to forget sometimes that a large percentage of members are posting from back home and visit Thailand once a year so I won't be alone, just joining the homesick. :o

Hey Scampy. Was cool to meet you and have that beer or 10 a few months ago. Will try and get down to the pub Saturday. Cant promise. But will try. If not. Mate have a safe trip back and keep in touch here and elsewhere. You'll be alright mate. At least its nearly summer. Music festivals, Indian curries, good breakie, music and more music. Some things i do miss London for. I wouldnt change it. But at least you got somethings to look forward to. Oh! Forgot. You will be earning the pound. Save up and we'll see ya back here soon. Keep us informed. Larry's dive you say. soi 22? Will try mate.

Larry's dive you say. soi 22?

Yep. Walk down the soi a little bit. It's on the right hand side. Yellow sign.

Just a little bit past Tina bar. Not that I know of that place for any reason and have any knowledge of what goes on there... :o

Calm down mods, put your whistles away, I'm already off to barladies etc etc... :D

bit late on adding my note here, coz I'm up country narrowly avoiding being struck by lightning. :o

After a beer chang last night, I did think of this thread and of something poignant, intelligent and witty to say that would have fuelled you on your further travels in life, but after the rest of the changs, row with the gf, and hangover I've completely forgot what is was, so just got an average 'good luck and god speed' for you dude. :D

Let's see- we have Scampy's avatar swimming upstream with great effort, heading off to the Great Whinge (er, Great britain;) - Torny has the wipers goin' and he's headed to Vegas- DJ Pat's avatar looks phatt and he's letting his flat (with cats) for 6 months... what's it all mean??? :o

It means I'm off on some travels shortly....DJ-ing in UK, then joining some mates in Jamaica in september for a break.

Argh!

Guess what dappy sod cancelled a ticket to bangkok for this evening until next weekend :D - if i knew you was off i would have been there now!

Anyways, take it easy fella - msn or mail me your cell phone number once you get back and i'll get in touch should ###### freeze over, satan ice skates to work and i return.

Was a blast having a pissup with you - $10 says you'll be eating enchiladas at Larry's :o

"so long, and thanks for all the fish"

K

yeah - thanks for all the fish.

mate - sorry we never met in person - phazey said he caught up with you recently and we had a chat about you and I was pleased that it was true you are actually apparently a good sort. (going on phazey's opinion, which is good enough for me) Would have liked to have a drink and a chat with you.

Will have a drink (okay several, or more) for you in absence on the island.

keep in touch, hope you will be back in future

SVB

Just a little bit past Tina bar. Not that I know of that place for any reason and have any knowledge of what goes on there... :o

Calm down mods, put your whistles away, I'm already off to barladies etc etc... :D

Lets hope Scampy deosn't get "sidetracked" on the way to Larry's ..... :D

totster :D

24hrs to go...

+ 30 mins, now is 1:30am.

Tonight I was invited to the opening of an art gallery by that Cameron from Farang Magazine and I had lots of whisky colas because they were free, if I'd had to pay for them i would be legless by now.

I got soaked on thw way there, totally soaked - it doesn't rain for several months and when it does, it decides to do so just as I get on a moto taxi at Victory Monument.

Lot's of rubbing shoulders with media junkies tonight, the canope's were soggy from the rain and this short arse Aussie kept talking to me about Jimi Hendrix but i wasn't really in the mood.

Surprised to see this thread still going, it warms the cockles of my heart, and you know what? ...How can i have any excuse to be sad about leaving after reading so many friendly replies.

I'm drinking Tiger with the azure feline and I'm getting there... :o

Welcome back to the Land of Silly Walks , Scamp!

If your ever near Oxford drop me a line mate!

Chon

:D

Chons - Reunion at Thai Orchid!!! :o

Is that the one in Oxford City,? I used to pass it on the bus to Heathrow, thought it was kinda ironic that I would not have a lot of choice but to eat Thai food in 18 hours time) I still have a place in Witney.

There is a Thai restaurant in Witney now, Very dear 2.50 for a bottle of Water!! Only ate there once as I like to eat ENGLISH (or Indian) when I am back in town.

Welcome back to the Land of Silly Walks , Scamp!

If your ever near Oxford drop me a line mate!

Chon

:D

Chons - Reunion at Thai Orchid!!! :o

Is that the one in Oxford City,? I used to pass it on the bus to Heathrow, thought it was kinda ironic that I would not have a lot of choice but to eat Thai food in 18 hours time) I still have a place in Witney.

There is a Thai restaurant in Witney now, Very dear 2.50 for a bottle of Water!! Only ate there once as I like to eat ENGLISH (or Indian) when I am back in town.

I quite like the Mongolian Wok in Oxford Centre.... excellent night out. :D

totster :D