Want To Make Windows Out Of Plastic.....not Glass

Ned

I want to repair some windows with clear plastic to replace broken glass. Security's not an issue in this situation. I don't even know if they make the stuff let alone sell it in CM but if anyone has bought some here could you let me know.

Cheers

You can purchase clear plastic sheeting at Global House and Homepro have some limited stocks of the stuff, but it`s very expensive, much more than glass.

I once tried this at my house in the UK. The clear plastic turns dark over time through weathering and scratches very easily when cleaning. During hot weather the plastic expands and cracks.

There's a place outside the southern section of the moat that does acrylic/perspex not far from where the new Siam TV is. They will cut to size whereas the big stores will probably sell it in sheets only.

Same as previous, though; it does scratch real easy. Easy enough to get some replacement glass cut and wang it in. There's loads of glaziers about. Had some 5mm green-tint strips about 4 foot by 12" couple weeks back, 90 baht each. :)