New Pattaya Police Chief Continues Cleaning Out The Trash

george

They are fullfilling Interpol's red and yellow notices, since Interpol opened a branch in pattaya, looks like they have joined forces into working together.

Also British Police Soca have opened up offices in Bangkok.

Australian Federal police also so it appears that most police forces are represented in Thailand now.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the best way to clean up Pattaya is to hire maybe 1,000 bullbozers have them all line up and just level the place. Some vermon will escape but it will clean the place up.

As long as you are in front of said bulldozers.... :)

Your not hiding out in Pattaya are you britmaveric. :D

I agree... Back in London last year the place is a shit hole. The Black druggies seem to have taken over and the cops cant do anything about it because of the stupid civil righs rules they seem to want to follow. Lets hope Thailand does not just copy some other system they have been fooled into thinking works. Next you will see cameras everywhere opperated by private companies to collect money for the "system" Anyone heard of George Orwell ?

Don't the British Poice have enough to do in the UK where crime is rising year by year?

The British Home Office have no idea what they are doing.

According to a BBC Programme broadcast this year the told their Minister,

" Crime is rising because the economy is booming. There is more to steal."

The Minister asked what would happen if the economy was dropping?

"Crime will rise, as people are getting poorer!"

What an attitude.

Better to concentrate their efforts in the UK without swanning off to Thailand.

They are fullfilling Interpol's red and yellow notices, since Interpol opened a branch in pattaya, looks like they have joined forces into working together.

Also British Police Soca have opened up offices in Bangkok.

Can you clarify Soca please?

Serious Organised Crime Agency.... they are the Britsh FBI made up of regional crimesquad officers and customs investigations officers, ex military and MI5.

Not sure where the poster got the idea that they have an office here in Bangkok, I would imagine that they would work directly with the officers based at the Embassey

This is a nothing story and anybody who thinks that this signals any sort of change in direction or policy is misguided.

The police chief still has to pay for his position in Pattaya about 10 million baht i believe and of course he needs to borrow that money from people who expect the usual sort of favours.

Unless the whole system is reformed from the bottom up any changes that you see are really only cosmetic.

For this to happen a complete restructure of the police and judiciary is required.

I wont be holding my breath :)

I am Happy to see the Police got a big one. As for Tuk Tuk drivers, last time I checked they don't have Tuk Tuks in Pattaya. :)

I am also Happy to see the Police are showing a sincere interest in Pattaya. I just hope they preserve the Freedom they have in Pattaya to do what they do, (Which is why most people go to Pattaya in the First place.) I am Happy to see them Arresting Embezzlers, or even Drug Dealers, or Thieves, Con Artists, people in Gangs, stuff like that, but they need to leave the Girls alone, unless they are busting someone for Slave Trafficking, or Forcing them into Prostitution against their will, I would gladly like to see all of those guys busted, and all those Girls set free.

But I worry whenever people start talking "Crackdown" they are usually talking about Implementing Christian Laws. Which is totally unfair. But Cleaning up the average scum is a good thing. I am glad they show an interest. Now they need to round up all the Red Shirts who cause Riots and Terrorize Foreign Nationals from around the world and disrupt World Asian Conferences and stuff like that.

Then they need to focus on these idiots who have bombed the Discos in the past, that would be good.

But setting up an Interpol in Pattaya makes perfect sense to me. I'm glad to hear they did it.

I'll be impressed when he cleans up the tuk tuk drivers, the jet ski operators....[/color]

...and from there clean out the corrupt police from the bottom up.[/color]

So we can expect a few transfers to inactive police posts, but naughty people, please, please do keep your pensions :)

Anyone heard of George Orwell ?

Oh no. Not another wanted fugitive in Pattaya?

to be honest NO. Who is this george character? some American or British most wanted person?

Someone took the farm on that comment.

:)

Ok, ok, me bad, but we had to read it in school and I always felt sorry for the horsies.