The Bloody Airblade

james24

Hey guys

My airblade feels that both of the wheels are buckled. For example when Im driving the front handlebars kinda shake and when i turn some corners it really tends to lean. I live in Chiang Mai and would like to take to a real honda shop, any ideas?? Also if anyone knows how i would explain the problem in Thai (written it in phonetic English) that would also be a great help.

Thanks again

I know you want phonetics, but even copying this my help. Not perfect Thai but it should get the point across.

ล้อ รถจักรยานยนต์ ของ ฉัน รู้สึก ไม่ ตรง. บาร์ สั่น เมื่อ ฉัน ขี่

My motorcycle wheels are not straight. Bar vibration when I ride.

James,

Have you checked the tire pressures recently? Unless you remember driving over a very large hole then maybe they are not buckled. If it has lots of miles it could be the wheel bearings.

Easiest way to explain is to mimic. That's why it is called "pantomime Thai" :) Imagine how many women take their bikes in and try and explain what is wrong.

lol ok i did actually hit a hole recently thinking about and that could be the problem. Cheers for the Thai Ill print that out tonight and get on the case. Im doing a run upto mae sai so want the bike ok, done it on the click a few times and everything ok but the shaking on the airblades kinda spooked me

cheers guys

If you need a replacement set of original Airblade spoked wheels, I have a pair that were never used. I bought the missus an Airblade in Blue a couple of years back and for some reason, you couldn't get it with mag wheels so we bought them separately and had them installed before she picked the bike up. PM me if interested.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Put the bike on the centre stand and spin the front wheel. If it is buckled you will see it wobble :) Also give it a good look over. if you have hit a pot hole in may have damaged the wheel.Check the nut is tight as if not that would make it wobble and make sure there is no play in the bearing. Get somebody to hold the handlebars and try to twist the wheel left and right also as said check the tyre pressure on both front and back.