Phuket International Soccer 7s

alainbkk

After the succesful of the Phuket International Soccer 7s tournaments that have been conducted for the past two years, I am pleased to advise that the 2005 Phuket International Soccer 7s will be contested in Phuket on the 26 & 27th November 2005.

This annual tournament has been created to foster international sporting relations and to provide opportunities for players, coaches and administrators to experience international competition in a socially competitive atmosphere. This year, your participation (teams & sponsors) will assist the local economy and help with the rebuilding of the Phuket community after the devastating effects of the boxing day Tsunami.

Our 7s tournaments have quickly developed a reputation as being among the best of their kind in Asia with their professional organization and quality of teams participating. As at this stage more than 20 teams from 11 countries have showed an interest to the next Phuket 7s (after one week pre-registration opening only), we expect to organise 2 tournaments on 2 weekends, with 40 teams and more than 600 participants.

> South Africa 2010 (South Africa) Open & O'35s

> Shanghai Krauts (China) Open

> Do It and ISCI (Indonesia) O'35s

> Bangkok Cosmos (Thailand) Open

> British Malaysia FC (Malaysia) Open

> Baya Beach (Thailand) Open

> Kanto Celts (Japan) Open

> British Tokyo (Japan) Open

> Wembley Downs (Australia) Open

> Hollandse (Singapore) Open

> Dutch FC Jakarta (Indonesia) O'35s

> German Al Stars (Thailand) Open

> PS Seminlak (Indonesia) Open

> SCI Saints (Thailand) Open

> Winking Frog (Thailand) Open

> Shanghai Shooters (China) Open

> Boca Seniors (Hong Kong) Open

> Bayon Wanderers (Cambodia) Open

> Tokyo Hibernian (Japan) Open

> Swift United (UK) Open

> Colloids (Hong Kong) Open

More details at: http://www.soccer7s.reperages-thailand.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The response to this year's tournament has been fantastic with 42 teams expressing an interest to participate. This has obviously put us in a situation where we have more teams than we can accommodate for the tournament in its intended format. In order to ensure that all teams will be able to play we are faced with two choices.

1. To hold this tournament over 3 days instead of two. (25, 26 & 27 November). If this option is selected it would mean that teams would have to come one day earlier than possibly originally planned. Or, we could play 3 or 4 groups on the Friday for those that can come early and another 3 or 4 groups on Saturday that those who can only arrive on the Friday. Teams will most likely still play on only 2 of the 3 days.

2. To hold two tournaments (the second one being on the following weekend 3 & 4 December). This will not apply to you as we will have the master's category playing the November tournament

No decision has been made yet and will not be made until we receive comments from the teams. It is important to us that you all have an opportunity to participate.

Bangkok Cosmos (Thailand), Cup Champion of the 2005 Bangkok 7s

Baya Beach FC (Thailand), Cup Runner-up of the 2003 Phuket Soccer 7s

Bayon Wanderers (Cambodia), Plate Runner-up of the 2004 Phuket Soccer 7s

Big Voodoo FC (Shanghai), Cup Runner-up of the 2005 Bangkok 7s

Boca Seniors (Hong Kong), Bowl Champion of the 2005 Bangkok Soccer 7s

Bretons FC (France), new team in the competition

British Malaysia FC (Malaysia), 2nd participation

British Tokyo (Japan), new team in the competition

Calcutta Tigers FC (India), 2nd participation

Celtic Supporters FC - Team 1 (Hong Kong), new team in the competition

Celtic Supporters FC - Team 2 (Hong Kong), new team in the competition

Colloids (Hong Kong), new team in the competition

Do It and ISCI (Indonesia), 2nd participation

Dutch FC Jakarta (Indonesia), new team in the competition

Farangutans FC (Thailand), new team in the competition

Fanstastics French Froggies - Team 1, new team in the competition

Fanstastics French Froggies - Team 2, new team in the competition

Frontier FC (India), new team in the competition

German All Stars (Thailand), Bowl Runner-up of the 2004 Phuket Soccer 7s

Hanoi Capitals (Vietnam), 2nd participation

Hollandse FC (Singapore), 2nd participation

Kanto Celts - Team 1 (Japan), Bowl Champion of the 2004 Phuket Soccer 7s

Kanto Celts - Team 2 (Japan), a second team is registered for the 2005 tournament

Les Bleus (China), 2nd participation

Maharastra State (India), new team in the competition

Omalleys Oranje (China), new team in the competition

PS Seminlank (Indonesia), new team in the competition

Red Lions (Taiwan), new team in the competition

SCI Saints (Thailand), Bowl Champion of the 2004 Phuket Soccer 7s

Shanghai Krauts (China), 3rd participation

Shanghai Shooters (China), Cup Champion of the 2004 Phuket Soccer 7s

South Africa 2010 - Team 1 (South Africa), hosting country of the 2010 World Soccer Cup

South Africa 2010 - Team 2 (South Africa), a second team is registered for the 2005 tournament

Swift United (UK), new team in the competition

Team Bondi (Australia), new team in the competition,

Tien Mu B52 FC (Taiwan), 2nd participation

Tokyo Hibernian (Japan), Bowl Runner-up of the 2005 Bangkok Soccer 7s

Vagabonds FC (Japan), new team in the competition

Wall Street Geckoes (Japan), new team in the competition

Wembley Downs (Australia), 3rd participation

Winking Frog (Thailand), new team in the competition

Yuxi China Copper Industry (China), team from the 2005 Bangkok 7s

Alain & Tim

• 3 weeks later...

2005 Phuket Soccer 7s: 50 teams over 2 weekends

The tournament will take place on 19 & 20 November and 25, 26 & 27 November 2005. There will be more than 100 games to be played over 5 days from 8.30 am until the evening. Teams will play a minimum of 4 games over 2 days during the same weekend. 7-a-side grass pitch (70 m x 45m), Full size goal, No offline, so spectators can expect to see goals galore thanks to the rolling substitution format from a pool of ten to twelve players that will ensure fresh legs and fresh lungs. The tournaments is structured to ensure that all teams have the opportunity to win something through Cup, Plate and Bowl sections.

wow, a ###### lot of work for a referee..... 85 games over 3 days.... I am referee.... do that for 26 years now, since I was 15, was referee for major amateur leagues, though not professional-leagues.... but I was in the top-10 of the 400 referees in my home town in Europe for more than 10 years, so I think I am not too bad..... if interested, send me PM

Thanks for your interest.

We are playing in one pitch only, so we need about 10 referees. At this stage, we have some referees from Singapore and Bangkok, but we are interesting by your experience...

Here are some details about the format:

Open Men (19 & 20 November 2005) will consist of 4-5 groups of 4 teams in a round-robin

* Top 8 teams will contest the Cup & Plate Competitions

* Bottom 8 teams will contest the Bowl Competition

Open Men (25, 26 & 27 November 2005) will consist of 4 groups of 4 teams in a round-robin

Masters Men (25, 26 & 27 November 2005) will consist of 4 groups of 4 teams in a round-robin

Where are you living ?

We keep in touch

Alain

• 2 weeks later...

oh I found my message again....sorry for the delay.... I was looking in the "sports" section, and wondered where my reply had gone.... now found it again in PHUKET section :o I was confused as there are two different threads for the same topic...... well, I live in Bangkok. I will give you my phone number in a private message, feel free to contact me by phone. I was HEAD OF REFS for many tournaments and even leagues in germany for many years, and still do have contact to hundreds of clubs over there.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just come back from Phuket...

- The tournament will be held at Sanam Chai sport facilities, in Phuket Town near the Municipality. Great location, good atmosphere, pitch on good condition (grass).

- Soi Crocodile Bars will arrange 3 opening parties and are one of the main sponsor of the 2005 tournament. Thanks to all bars of the Soi Crocodile.

- Banthai Beach Resort is confirmed as Official Tournament Hotel.

Alain

Naming Rights of the 2005 Phuket Soccer 7s Tournament are still available.

The Phuket International Soccer 7s will be contested at Sanam Chai sporting venue over two weekends on 19-20 and 25-26-27 November 2005, with games kicking off at 8:30 each day. 48 teams from 13 countries will compete this International Sport Event in 3 categories, 1 Master and 2 Open tournaments, with the support of the Asian Seven-a-Side Football Federation, the Tourism Authority of Thailand and Phuket Town. Sponsor enquiries: 02 990 68 81

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...