Water Options

maccaroni man

we do not have city water available and run our house and pool on a single well, we are a family of 5 including the maid, send our laundry out and typically use just over 1000 literes per day. we have an above ground holding tank of with a 1000 ltr capacity and an underground tank that holds the same.

in the last couple of days the water has gone cloudy and even with the large in line filter the house water is grey. my question, is will my well coming to an end of it's life? Do i need to drill an other well or is there a better faster way to go such as adding more tanks and truck water in. If i go the route of extra holding tanks is it an easy process to tie them into the current system? I like the large clay pots to collect water during the rainy season so if i can buy 5 of those and have them tied into my current system that would be great but if the current well is done i guess i would just by pass the old well and run everything to the new holding tanks?

thanks for any advice.

It sounds like the water table where you live is very low so you are getting the dirty water that normally sits at the bottom. Till the rain comes top up the above surface tank with water from a truck. I don't think drilling another well would make any difference.