Favorite Thai Dishes

sbk

1. Gaeng som cha om (Sour soup/curry with stink fern omelette)

2. Nam prik, especially nam prik makaam sot (chilli dip eaten with raw and/or cooked vegetables...esp. young tamarind chilli dip)

3. Dtom klong - tamarind soured soup with herbs...especially good with crispy fish.

4. Kanom jeen nam ngiaw (Thin fermented rice noodles with tomato and pork sauce)...(But absolutely love nam yaa and nam prik, too; a ground fish and coconut milk sauce heavy on the grachai "chinese key" and a sweet mung bean or peanut and coconut milk sauce)...all served with piles of raw vegetables like cucumber, long beans, beansprouts and various herbs...)

5. Yam ma muang (green mango salad).

Just remembered I forgot banana flower salad, pomelo salad, young jackfruit salad, sai oua/nam prik num and kaeb mu, kao soi...Couldn't it be 10 favourites? :)

-Curries like Gaeng Khiewwan Kai, Gaeng massaman (in southern Thailand), Gaeng pet

-Pad kaphao, gai or ped

-Laab moo, gai or ped

-Isan sausage like Sai krok Isan Pla ra Sub, Sai krok Isan, Sai Krok Chiang Mai

-Soup like bamee nam moo daeng, khao soi, tom yam (clear or with coconut milk), khuey thiao, Jok moo or khao tum moo

-Sea food and fish like Pad poo carri (delicious when made with blue crabs), Pla duk manao (I did not find one fish recipe I don't like in Thailand), green lip mussel (don't know the word in Thai)

Oups! I mention more than 5 and still have many more.

These are among my top 10:

Boo Patpong Cullie- Curry Crab with onions, scallions & egg

Hoy Lai Pat Prik- Spicy baby clams

Kow Cook Kapee- Rice with shrimp paste, tiny shrimp, pork, egg, shallots & papaya

Guy Pat Mahmouan Himmapan- Chicken with Cashews (add hot chili's, please!)

Pramut Pat Kai Kem- Squid in Spicy sauce with Salted preserved eggs