Fulham

Jimjim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's in hamburg funnily enough m, extra incentive for the germans to get there.

if we get there i'm definitely going. fuc_king excellent, sleazy, mad city that is.

In that case then, my Pal who i told you about ( Fulham ) could have all his Xmas's come at once wiht 2 trips in a Month... :)

I have a sneaky feeling for Hamburg to get the better of Fulham though then it would be tough for your lot there in teh Final, but still winnable..

if we get there i'm definitely going. fuc_king excellent, sleazy, mad city that is.

In that case then, my Pal who i told you about ( Fulham ) could have all his Xmas's come at once wiht 2 trips in a Month... :D

I have a sneaky feeling for Hamburg to get the better of Fulham though then it would be tough for your lot there in teh Final, but still winnable..

I recieved some very drunken sms this morning. Ten mates in Germany for the game. Can't wait for them to sober up and spill the beans on their little euro tour. I'd find it hard to believe that Hamburg won't make the final at their ground but i'm sure the Fulham lads are just enjoying the ride and fair play to them. RH certainly does seem to know how to work out his gameplan though. (Mindyou, i apparently just spend half my day talking about football so what do i know :) )

Hallo Stevie,

I am Hamburger living here in Phuket. Many thanks for your characteristics of my hometown. You must habe been there, haven't you?

Yes, I can tell you that after the win yesterday against the Belgium side Luettich, the Hamburger SV (HSV) is of course extra motivated by the thought of the final in their own stadium.

And although the squad is at present only 6th in the Bundesliga they just recently signed Ruud van Nistelroy, who should be well known in the UK. I think it will not be easy for either side, but as a Hamburger I of course hope for a win against Fulham.

Actually Fulham is very little known in Germany, unlike the ranks of Manchester, Arsenal, Chelsea (Ballack) etc. I hope that my Hamburg team does not underestimate the Fulham squad.

Looking forward to welcome Hugh Grant on 22.04. in Hamburg.

Hallo Stevie,

I am Hamburger living here in Phuket. Many thanks for your characteristics of my hometown. You must habe been there, haven't you?

Yes, I can tell you that after the win yesterday against the Belgium side Luettich, the Hamburger SV (HSV) is of course extra motivated by the thought of the final in their own stadium.

And although the squad is at present only 6th in the Bundesliga they just recently signed Ruud van Nistelroy, who should be well known in the UK. I think it will not be easy for either side, but as a Hamburger I of course hope for a win against Fulham.

Actually Fulham is very little known in Germany, unlike the ranks of Manchester, Arsenal, Chelsea (Ballack) etc. I hope that my Hamburg team does not underestimate the Fulham squad.

Looking forward to welcome Hugh Grant on 22.04. in Hamburg.

hello mate,

yes i've been to hamburg a few times, twice to watch one of my other favourite teams, fc st pauli. :) it's a fun city, i like it.

van nistelrooy was a good signing for you lot.

Hallo Stevie,

I am Hamburger living here in Phuket.

Hi there, do you come with Cheese ?? & French Fries ?? & some Champions League Scores ?? With some Europa League scores also thrown in ?? :)

Sorry, welcome Burger, you love it, i've noticed that..

Why does a Hamburger support Bayern then out of curiosity, are Bayern not based hundreds of Miles away from where you are from ??

Hallo Stevie,

I am Hamburger living here in Phuket.

Hi there, do you come with Cheese ?? & French Fries ?? & some Champions League Scores ?? With some Europa League scores also thrown in ?? :)

Sorry, welcome Burger, you love it, i've noticed that..

Why does a Hamburger support Bayern then out of curiosity, are Bayern not based hundreds of Miles away from where you are from ??

Hallo Mr. Singh,

I must admit that your geographical knowledge of the German landscape is quite remarkable. Yes, Hamburg is about 800 kilometers (we Germans use the metric system) away to the north of Munich.

I am not sure how you come to the idea that I support Bayern Munich. We are talking about the coming matches against Fulham at this thread!

But I will not hide that I am always in for a good match. And if there is an international match with a German participant, why should I not be in favour of that?

I am quite sure some disappointed Manchester fans who might normally not be strong supporters of Fulham nevertheless "support" this English squad against Hamburg in the coming matches. Nothing wrong with that in my mind.

But as I said it is the international matches we are talking about. For the German Bundesliga I am by no doubt a supporter of the HSV.

But thanks a lot for your concern. And yes, I also eat some fast food from time to time.

hello mate,

yes i've been to hamburg a few times, twice to watch one of my other favourite teams, fc st pauli. it's a fun city, i like it.

van nistelrooy was a good signing for you lot.

Hallo Stevie,

Good to hear that your enjoyed your stay at my hometown.

Maybe you might plan a few more visits to this beautiful city for the coming season as FC St. Pauli is about to advance from the second division to the first Bundesliga division. That will see at least 2 interesting city "championships" against the HSV. And not to forget St.Pauli's famous win against Bayern Munich some time ago.

Welcome to Hamburg at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Cottagers fans and hallo Hugh Grant,

the 0 : 0 is a very favourable result for your side. It seems you have every options at the return leg on 29 April. The Hamburger SV at its present condition does not pose any serious threat to any domestic or even international side. A 1: 0 would do it for another visit to my hometown ...

Well that was not what i expected,a pretty drab affair......i think Hamburg will be quite happy with not conceding the dreaded away goal though and have a very good chance still of playing Athletico on their home soil in the final.

I hope it is Liverpool v Fulham but i cannot see it now!

Well that was not what i expected,a pretty drab affair......i think Hamburg will be quite happy with not conceding the dreaded away goal though and have a very good chance still of playing Athletico on their home soil in the final.

I hope it is Liverpool v Fulham but i cannot see it now!

With Fulham's excellent home record this season they should be confident of progressing now. Good luck for the Second Leg. :)

Liverpool are just a shambles and I reckon Athletico will get an away goal to kill the tie.

Latest update:

Hamburg lost yesterday by 5 : 1 against lowly Hoffenheim.

Today it sacked it's under-fire manager Bruno Labbadia. New temporary coach is assistant Ricardo Moniz.

Is this going to be a build up of excuses Herr Lotusbluete?

haha. people debated for years whether or not hugh grant was a cottager.

i can't ever remember another team sacking their manager in between the two legs of a european semi-final before. crazy stuff, something ridiculous must have gone on behind the scenes.

haha. people debated for years whether or not hugh grant was a cottager.

i can't ever remember another team sacking their manager in between the two legs of a european semi-final before. crazy stuff, something ridiculous must have gone on behind the scenes.

hamburgs team morale must be in tatters, excellent chance for fulham,

, then on sunday i hope fulham get walloped, over 1000 west ham are going on an all day booze cruise up the thames , stopping at putney for the game, be nice to round of our away games the same way we started, except for the long dismal blip in between :)

hamburgs team morale must be in tatters, excellent chance for fulham,

, then on sunday i hope fulham get walloped, over 1000 west ham are going on an all day booze cruise up the thames , stopping at putney for the game, be nice to round of our away games the same way we started, except for the long dismal blip in between :)

that's a brilliant idea. we always used to like having a beer at a couple of the riverside pubs closer to hammersmith when playing away at craven cottage. such a great awayday especially when the weather's good.

Latest update:

Hamburg lost yesterday by 5 : 1 against lowly Hoffenheim.

Today it sacked it's under-fire manager Bruno Labbadia. New temporary coach is assistant Ricardo Moniz.

Is this going to be a build up of excuses Herr Lotusbluete?

Hallo Mister Carmine,

it depends on the outcome of the game.

But the reason for the dismissal of the coach was the slip in the national league (Bundesliga) from 4th to 7th at present (and out of any qualification for either the CL or the EPL for next season), and the way he acted with his players especially those well known names as Ruud van Nistelroy and Ze Roberto.

Most of the Hamburg fans think that this dismissal will be a boost for the moral and will help the team to overcome Fulham.

Another outstanding display from Fulham. Once again they dug deep when required and came from a goal down to win. Roy Hodgson Manager of the year? :D

He was manager of the year by a mile before cthis match and i don;t understand where any debate still lies. Unless that is people have;nt done their homework and don't know the extent of the injuries Fulham have had to their world class squad for almost the entire season. Yet i'm still hearing the baloney about Pullis, MM and the likes :)

Shame there is not much input on this thread from actual Cottagers?

There moment of glory and not a Fulham fan to be seen,well congrats to Hodgson and his squad lets hope they go all the way,Mr Al Fayed will be very happy! at least one west London side got to a euro final.

Lets hope a repeat of 2002 and a happy Hodgson! :)

There moment of glory and not a Fulham fan to be seen,well congrats to Hodgson and his squad lets hope they go all the way,Mr Al Fayed will be very happy! at least one west London side got to a euro final.

I've only ever met 2 in my life, 3 in fact thinking long & hard.... :D

I've only ever met 2 in my life, 3 in fact thinking long & hard.... :D

I've met more of 'em in Pattaya than I ever did in one place in London. :D