Insufficient Time To Season Money In The Bank...but Application Was Accepted.

I fall short of time to season my money in the bank for my 3rd annually extension, deposited slightly >400k THB in 15th Dec 2009 and my extension of stay was due on 16th Feb 2010, then got some more money deposited into my account again in late January this year.

On the 15th of Feb this year went and got letter from the bank to certify that i'll got over 900k in the account, half hearted and extremely worried because i knew i've fall short in time-deposit requirement. The 1st extension is 2 months requirement and 3 months for the 2nd extension onwards.

Reached Mae Sai Immigration Office at 10:30 am, well dress and on my best manners, greeted the same officer with a Wai, greet was returns and he said, " Ahhhh!!...you look good today, is that time of year again lor?" (I dress casually when i do my 90 days reporting)

"Ok...got all your paperwork in order?"...handed them over, i was nervous but stayed focus and prepared myself with the trained "i've no idea blur look" i've practised if he're to notice the requirement discrepancy.

He didn't mention that i fall short in time requirement but ask me to point out all the recent deposit i've made THIS YEAR in my bank book.

(Which got me thinking that it may be a merit during application) ask my wife couple of questions like what's her occupation and how much is her farm income monthly/annually...got the 30 day "Under consideration" stamp and did the 90 days report at the same time.

Thank you Mae Sai Immigration Office and the kind officer for considering my application.

(I remember that was an officer who ask me if i play golf and what's my handicap during one of my 90 days reporting.

So we chatted casually for a while, said if i need anything golf, just call him up...LOL...but i don't see him around at the front desk anymore, transfered maybe...)

For an extension of stay based on marriage with a Thai national only 400,000 is required for 2 months. (some offices require 3 months the next time). Seems you mixed up the requirement for being married with those for retirement.

If you miss didn't season the money long enough it is possible to get a 60 day extension and at the end of that apply for a 1 year extension. You had nothing to worry about.

Mario do you know if they've changed the rules regarding the 60 day extension from a "one time only" deal? When I extended at Khon Kaen last year they said I couldn't use the 60 day option as I'd used it 3 years previously but i've heard some reports that it's ok if you have a year extension between 60 day extensions (ie you can't use 60 day extensions back to back)

For an extension of stay based on marriage with a Thai national only 400,000 is required for 2 months. (some offices require 3 months the next time). Seems you mixed up the requirement for being married with those for retirement.

If you miss didn't season the money long enough it is possible to get a 60 day extension and at the end of that apply for a 1 year extension. You had nothing to worry about.

I am just waiting for my 1 year visa now. I transfered my money from the UK and then the following day went to the Immigration office. I leave 400 k in my bank account all the time anyway and just transfer the money 1 or 2 weeks before I am due to start my 1 year Visa. I have never had any trouble doing this and this is now my 5th 1 year visa.

The immigration officer told us that they no longer need to see money transfered in as long as we keep the 400 K in the bank. In the past we have had to show the 400 K and >400 K transfered in for the Visa. So I am not sure if this is new or not.

Bob

I've read somewhere in the forum that the 1st year extension base on marriage is 400k season in bank for 2 months... after that

require 3 months upon 2nd year extension onward....since i've insufficient time to season my money,

i thought the extra deposit i made could be the reason why the officer considered my application...i'm confuse now...2 months of 3 months,

which is needed for my next extension ??? (4th next year)

Which is the standarn set in the Police Order?

Advise please...thanks.

Which is the standarn set in the Police Order?

Advise please...thanks.

The Police Order.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Some Immigration Offices are going with the above while the majority are insisting on 3 months apart from the first application.

You will have to ask them.