Army Tanks On Highway

mnbcm

Quite a few police on Hang Dong Rd. too and saw a foreigner's car being searched. I assume someone important is in town. Anyway, interesting security presence after yesterday.

Edited by mnbcm

So you think that is an army tank huh??

Have you ever seen an army tank before???

Did all of your tanks look like this one ???

Not being a military equipment expert, but I think that most of the tanks I've seen have go that big thingy sticking out the front..... you know like a big pipe and I think that they put a bullet in there then a big boom and a puff of smoke comes out the pipe..... I think its called a 22 caliper and they measure things with it too....

:)

Thanks for the photo, MnBcm. I've got to send it to my son who I've been telling all the stories about the Crazy Thai traffic. Yah need a TANK just to protect yourself. Good for finding places to park as well. :)

I wonder how those track vehicles damage the shoddily built highways?

Just looked at the photo again......

In the US , if I am not mistaken the last real convertable was the El Dorado Cadilac in about 1977

Does anyone know if they are still making convertible tanks ????

Yes GF the last convertible full size V8 was the 1976 CADILLAC EL DORADO. As for convertible tanks... :) The OP has no clue what a tank is.

I wonder how those track vehicles damage the shoddily built highways?

I hope they're wearing rubber on their undercarriage :)

Yep, got the road wheels on.. The RTA always makes a great big deal down here in the home of the 2d RTA Infantry Division..big time road blocks, moving them back and forth like it's some big deal. But somebody was smart..always have the rubber tracks on.

I don't think these roads could stand up to a M1A2 MBT's 70+ tons cranking down at a good 45 mph..I think it would crack 'em to bits.

Any former Armor guys out there?

Tanks? On the Highway? Bloody hel_l!

They'll have to pay additional road tax, and contribute to the Fireman's Fund Benevolent Society.

That is assuming they aren't doing this:

post-23786-1267277340_thumb.jpg

If this is going on, all bets are off, and we're calling in the city planning department.

For urban reconstruction and redevelopment. :)

Not a tank but an old M113 APC.. and I mean OLD.

Yes, a 1960s vehicle that is now used by police and armies to quell civil unrest as the light side armor provides little protection from modern weapons. But rest assured from my experience a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away that you would be hard pressed to find an all-terrain vehicle that is more fun to drive. Despite its age, the M113, if maintained, is in no way obsolete.