Army Tanks On Highway

mnbcm

ha, ok. I don't know. I'm rarely on that side of town so I wasn't sure if there was a base nearby.

There's a sizeable army base on the 121 highway at Mae Rim, very near the Huay Tuang Tao Lake. It's not too far from MaeJo. I see heavy vehicles (athough not quite like the one in your picture) going around there fairly often.

I find there is entirely too much flippancy on this thread, and, disregarding the fact that mbcm wouldn't recognise a tank if it was rolling him flat, I believe he or she deserves the respect of an honest answer.

Yes. Mai pen rai.

I agree, dunrudin- and as one of the flippant ones.

However, it is just a form of "gallows humour" operative here.

We all are concerned about the situation in this country we've adopted.

Many have families, businesses and homes here, so all this is quite distressing.

I think many release the tension by making a joke, trying to have a laugh at the absurdness of it all.

That's all it is, and you should not feel we don't appreciate your sense of dread, and anomie....

ha, ok. I don't know. I'm rarely on that side of town so I wasn't sure if there was a base nearby.

There's a sizeable army base on the 121 highway at Mae Rim, very near the Huay Tuang Tao Lake. It's not too far from MaeJo. I see heavy vehicles (athough not quite like the one in your picture) going around there fairly often.

I was up that way today on the way to Mae Taeng. There was a huge convoy of military vehicles (25 or more) that I first saw on the Mae Jo Road then heading up towards Mae Rim. They all had a red sign with a white star on the front window which also said (in English) Special Tactics Division.

• 2 weeks later...
I was up that way today on the way to Mae Taeng. There was a huge convoy of military vehicles (25 or more) that I first saw on the Mae Jo Road then heading up towards Mae Rim. They all had a red sign with a white star on the front window which also said (in English) Special Tactics Division.

Good job they didn't abbreviate that.... S.T.D. :)