Aaron Ramsey

MSingh

While I feel bad for the lad and think he is gonna be a real talent, part of the blame has to be put on Arsene.

His tic tac toe ground game catches many a less gifted defender out and this leads to challenges that are ill-timed.

Contrast this to Big Sam's style of having Robinson booting is long and very high, and the only type of injuries they tend to get are skull related. It's probably not a coincidence that Diouf plays on the wing with Pedersson.

But I saw that challenge over and over again and while hard and ill-timed - it was hardly malicious.

red card challenge doesn't have to be 'malicious' though, clumsy or poorly-timed is enough if it's considered dangerous play. which in shawcross's case it clearly was.

wenger talks out of his hole though i'm afraid, he wants the rules of the game changed to suit the way his team plays. a marked change from his first four or five years in english football when his arsenal side were absolutely filthy and racked up far more red cards than anyone else.

red card challenge doesn't have to be 'malicious' though, clumsy or poorly-timed is enough if it's considered dangerous play. which in shawcross's case it clearly was.

wenger talks out of his hole though i'm afraid, he wants the rules of the game changed to suit the way his team plays. a marked change from his first four or five years in english football when his arsenal side were absolutely filthy and racked up far more red cards than anyone else.

found this that sums it up nicely about Arsene and the red cards.

Arsenal's red card hall of shame under Arsene Wenger

Last updated at 09:38 29 February 2008

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ene-Wenger.html

ARSENAL'S RED CARDS UNDER ARSENE WENGER

1996 Sep 28: Arsene Wenger appointed

Nov 26: Steve Bould v Liverpool

Nov 30: Tony Adams v Newcastle

Dec 21: Ian Wright v Nottm Forest

Jan 1: John Hartson v Middlesbrough

Jan 11: Dennis Bergkamp v Sunderland

May 11: Tony Adams v Derby

Oct 14: Jason Crowe v Birmingham

Oct 26: Emmanuel Petit v Aston Villa

Jan 17: Patrick Vieira v Coventry

Feb 18: Patrick Vieira v Chelsea

Mar 17: Dennis Bergkamp v West Ham

Mar 31: Martin Keown v Bolton

Aug 29: Emmanuel Petit v Charlton

Sep 9: Lee Dixon v Chelsea

Sep 26: Martin Keown v Sheff Wed

Nov 25: Ray Parlour v Lens

Dec 20: Gilles Grimandi v Leeds

Dec 28: Patrick Vieira v Charlton

Jan 24: Emmanuel Petit v Wolves

Mar 13: Emmanuel Petit v Everton

Apr 6: Martin Keown v Blackburn

Apr 11: Nelson Vivas v Man Utd

Sep 29: Gilles Grimandi v Barcelona

Oct 2: Patrick Vieira v West Ham

Nov 7: Fredrik Ljungberg and Martin Keown v Tottenham

Mar 19: Gilles Grimandi v Tottenham

Mar 23: Thierry Henry v Werder Bremen

Apr 1: Oleg Luzhny v Wimbledon

Aug 19: Patrick Vieira v Sunderland

Aug 21: Patrick Vieira v Liverpool

Apr 18: Gilles Grimandi v Aston Villa

Aug 18: Ray Parlour v Middlesbrough

Aug 25: Patrick Vieira v Leicester

Sep 11: Ashley Cole v Real Mallorca

Sep 29: Martin Keown v Derby

Oct 30: Oleg Luzhny v Schalke

Nov 5: John Halls v Man Utd

Dec 18: Ray Parlour v Newcastle

Dec 23: Giovanni van Bronckhorst v Liverpool

Jan 27: Dennis Bergkamp and Martin Keown v Liverpool

Jan 30: Oleg Luzhny v Blackburn

Feb 19: Ray Parlour v Bayer Leverkusen

Sep 1: Patrick Vieira v Chelsea

Nov 23: Sol Campbell v Southampton

Dec 12: Kolo Toure v PSV Eindhoven

Mar 25: Pascal Cygan v Chelsea

Apr 16: Sol Campbell v Man Utd

Aug 10: Francis Jeffers v Man Utd

Aug 16: Sol Campbell v Everton

Sept 21: Patrick Vieira v Man Utd

Dec 6: Ashley Cole v Leicester

Feb 4: Martin Keown v Middlesbrough

Nov 24: Lauren and Patrick Vieira v PSV Eindhoven

Feb 19: Dennis Bergkamp v Sheff Utd

Feb 26: Robin van Persie v Southampton

May 21: Jose Antonio Reyes v Man Utd

Sep 14: Robin van Persie v FC Thun

Dec 10: Gilberto v Newcastle Scroll down for more

Jan 21: Cesc Fabregas v Everton

May 18: Jens Lehmann v Barcelona

Nov 29: Philippe Senderos v Fulham

Jan 13: Gilberto Silva v Blackburn

Feb 3: Philippe Senderos v Middlesbrough

Feb 25: Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor v Chelsea

Sep 2: Philippe Senderos v Portsmouth

Dec 18: Denilson v Blackburn

Dec 29: Nicklas Bendtner v Everton

Feb 16: Emmanuel Eboue v Man United

TOTAL: 72

Last updated two years ago. Updating it any further would not suit the author's cause or any of those following in same's footsteps??

It still proves he's a hypocrite, mindyou, how dull the premiership would be without his bleating and whinging every weekend.

Whay amuses me is when his team were knocking up their 72 red cards he never seemed to see the incidents that he now seems to spot from 200 meters! What a toss3r :)

saw this comment by Arsene

not saying whether I agree....just sharing :)

Arsenal players require more surgery than any other team in Europe, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Frenchman looked on in anger as Aaron Ramsey was stretchered off during last weekend's game against Stoke after suffering a broken leg in a challenge with Ryan Shawcross. Ramsey follows Abou Diaby and Eduardo as a high-profile victim of dangerous tackling but, on further examination, they are not the only Arsenal players to fall foul of serious foul play.

Robin Van Persie and Kieran Gibbs complete a trio of Arsenal players who have needed surgery during this season alone and Wenger believes that's an uneviable record that no other club can match.

"We've had three players this year who've had surgery as a result of tackles," said the Frenchman. "Robin Van Persie, Kieran Gibbs and now Aaron Ramsey. "We're the only club in Europe who've had three players requiring surgery. "Before the accident with Gibbs [in the Standard Liege game] I stood up to the referee five times in the last 15 minutes and said 'calm this man [Eliaquim] Mangala down because he will kill one of our players.'

"It was so obvious. They'd lost the game and he was just looking to kick people. What happened? He broke the metatarsal of Kieran Gibbs. It could have been avoided."

from Arsenal.com

According to Mr Shebby Singh on last nights Football Focus Shawcross deliberately set out to break someones leg with his style of tackling. What an outrageous statement from Singh, did no one else see the show ? Surprised there has not been more discussion on it.

Since when has any Singh's comments been worthy of more discussion ??? :)

According to Mr Shebby Singh on last nights Football Focus Shawcross deliberately set out to break someones leg with his style of tackling. What an outrageous statement from Singh, did no one else see the show ? Surprised there has not been more discussion on it.

Since when has any Singh's comments been worthy of more discussion ??? :)

For once I agree with Scouser on the panel and not 'don't touch me' shebby.

not saying whether I agree....just sharing :D

Arsenal players require more surgery than any other team in Europe, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Frenchman looked on in anger as Aaron Ramsey was stretchered off during last weekend's game against Stoke after suffering a broken leg in a challenge with Ryan Shawcross. Ramsey follows Abou Diaby and Eduardo as a high-profile victim of dangerous tackling but, on further examination, they are not the only Arsenal players to fall foul of serious foul play.

Robin Van Persie and Kieran Gibbs complete a trio of Arsenal players who have needed surgery during this season alone and Wenger believes that's an uneviable record that no other club can match.

"We've had three players this year who've had surgery as a result of tackles," said the Frenchman. "Robin Van Persie, Kieran Gibbs and now Aaron Ramsey. "We're the only club in Europe who've had three players requiring surgery. "Before the accident with Gibbs [in the Standard Liege game] I stood up to the referee five times in the last 15 minutes and said 'calm this man [Eliaquim] Mangala down because he will kill one of our players.'

"It was so obvious. They'd lost the game and he was just looking to kick people. What happened? He broke the metatarsal of Kieran Gibbs. It could have been avoided."

from Arsenal.com

With all the abuse and BS he has come out with this season, why has'nt he been charged with bringing the game into disrepute. I bet a lesser manager of one of the smaller teams would have been cited long ago :)

from Arsenal.com

With all the abuse and BS he has come out with this season, why has'nt he been charged with bringing the game into disrepute. I bet a lesser manager of one of the smaller teams would have been cited long ago :)

Only team in Europe with 3 players requiring surgery??? United has Giggs, Anderson, O'shea, Owen...

Looks like it happened before the tackle in that pic.

Really? Hard to tell as all you see is one still image. To me it looked like it could have been right after he kicked him. Certainly not definitive, at all. Need to look at a combination of stills or better yet, the wonderful invention of video to know for sure.

To me, it looks like he's falling down right after breaking Ramsey's leg. If you watch the video he falls down after the challenge.

And with video evidence and as I'm sure it's been reviewed from all angles, even though they didn't show all the angles on replay on television, I think there's really no question the challenge from Shawcross is what broke his leg.

Those pictures are awful. But have you noticed how it's the Stoke player (Glen Whelan) taking charge and comforting the lad, whilst all the Arsenal players are, well, erm, doing nothing. Wouldn't like to be in an Emergency with that lot.

While Whelan should be applauded, Bendtner was on the scene as well. And, to be fair, I think the moments after show how the Arsenal players looked to be in a bit of shock. I'd say most of them definitely were in shock, and when you're in shock, you barely know what you're doing. Also, they were sticking up for their own player to the ref, as they were appalled. Don't really see anything wrong with that, as their mate's leg has just been broken!

Really? Hard to tell as all you see is one still image. To me it looked like it could have been right after he kicked him. Certainly not definitive, at all. Need to look at a combination of stills or better yet, the wonderful invention of video to know for sure.

To me, it looks like he's falling down right after breaking Ramsey's leg. If you watch the video he falls down after the challenge.

And with video evidence and as I'm sure it's been reviewed from all angles, even though they didn't show all the angles on replay on television, I think there's really no question the challenge from Shawcross is what broke his leg.

Those pictures are awful. But have you noticed how it's the Stoke player (Glen Whelan) taking charge and comforting the lad, whilst all the Arsenal players are, well, erm, doing nothing. Wouldn't like to be in an Emergency with that lot.

While Whelan should be applauded, Bendtner was on the scene as well. And, to be fair, I think the moments after show how the Arsenal players looked to be in a bit of shock. I'd say most of them definitely were in shock, and when you're in shock, you barely know what you're doing. Also, they were sticking up for their own player to the ref, as they were appalled. Don't really see anything wrong with that, as their mate's leg has just been broken!

IN SHOCK????

The Arse players were trying to get Shawcross sent off,and Fabregas would have had a second yellow if the ref had any balls.

from Arsenal.com

Only team in Europe with 3 players requiring surgery??? United has Giggs, Anderson, O'shea, Owen...

Can't be bothered to look up the others, but Owen's injury was a hamstring, not due to being fouled. He pulled up 'while chasing a pass'.

Can't be bothered to look up the others, but Owen's injury was a hamstring, not due to being fouled. He pulled up 'while chasing a pass'.

So was Andersons. Point being every team gets injuries. I am just surprised Arsene isn't trying to blame everyone for Cesc pulling his groin the other day.

league champoins; 1998, 2002 and 2004.

f.a.cup winners in 1998, 2002, 2003 and 2005.

not bad for a side that were only playing with 10 men!

while on the subject of red cards and kicking lumps of crap out of opposing sides players. a certain man utd fan on this forum may want to take a look at a mr roy keanes record.

the career ending, so called tackle on (haland) of man city comes to mind.

Edited by tigerfish

while on the subject of red cards and kicking lumps of crap out of opposing sides players. a certain man utd fan on this forum may want to take a look at a mr roy keanes record.

the career ending, so called tackle on (haland) of man city comes to mind.

That had nothing to do with a football match...it was personal. ( and ofcourse RK is a nutter :) ) Not condoning it in any way, but an unfortunate choice.

JimJim. it was just my opinion on the pic at the time as i hadn't seen the video. Even looking at the video at full speed. Its hard to tell. 50/50 ball? Really terrible what happened to the lad and i hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Shawcross's previous on Jeffers and Adebayor show he is at best reckless, and at worst, extremely dangerous. Tackles of this sort should always be a red card.

What fuc_ks me off is that the press and other halfwits make Shawcross the victim in this, because he blubbed and his "mum took him home", when it's Ramsey who's had his career threatened and both of his leg bones broken.

Shawcross hasn't even apologised, the witless c**t.

Naturally, if this was an assault on Rooney, the whole country would be up in arms with a world cup coming up, and Shawcross would have to move in with Salman Rushdie to avoid the baying, torch-and-pitchfork-wielding mobs led by Rob Shepherd and Richard Littlejohn.

Instead of which we have to listen to the usual clueless crap from rednose and his posse of northern monkeys. He's probably still pished off that Ramsey snubbed him for a class club, and is just taking the opportunity to try and stick the knife in.

The one really sad thing about this is that Shawcross actually got a call up for the England squad. If that's the kind of talentless clogger Capello wants in his side, then clearly he's looking to pick him in the knockout stages vs. Italy. Guaranteed red card material in any country but Britain.

It's sad to say that Wenger needs to get some thugs back in his side, but that seems to be the way half the premiership still want to play.

Having said that, lowly Wigan didn't exactly have to put themselves about to beat the mickey mousers, did they?

Shawcross's previous on Jeffers and Adebayor show he is at best reckless, and at worst, extremely dangerous. Tackles of this sort should always be a red card.

What fuc_ks me off is that the press and other halfwits make Shawcross the victim in this, because he blubbed and his "mum took him home", when it's Ramsey who's had his career threatened and both of his leg bones broken.

Shawcross hasn't even apologised, the witless c**t.

Naturally, if this was an assault on Rooney, the whole country would be up in arms with a world cup coming up, and Shawcross would have to move in with Salman Rushdie to avoid the baying, torch-and-pitchfork-wielding mobs led by Rob Shepherd and Richard Littlejohn.

Instead of which we have to listen to the usual clueless crap from rednose and his posse of northern monkeys. He's probably still pished off that Ramsey snubbed him for a class club, and is just taking the opportunity to try and stick the knife in.

The one really sad thing about this is that Shawcross actually got a call up for the England squad. If that's the kind of talentless clogger Capello wants in his side, then clearly he's looking to pick him in the knockout stages vs. Italy. Guaranteed red card material in any country but Britain.

It's sad to say that Wenger needs to get some thugs back in his side, but that seems to be the way half the premiership still want to play.

Having said that, lowly Wigan didn't exactly have to put themselves about to beat the mickey mousers, did they?

Fella, accidents happen & that tackle was an accident, simple as that..

& how do you know Shawcross hasn't apologised ?? Cos The Sun hasn't told you so ?? :)

& all that other stuff you write about " if this was Rooney " etc is a big reason why people think you're Manager is such a <deleted> so fingers crossed you don't start of on that foot aye ?? :D

Thugs Thugs Thugs, absolutle b*llshit, Aaron Ramsey & Eduardo are 2 of the quickest Players with the quickest feet in the Premiership without a doubt & if you don't think that there ill be mistimed, not malicious just mistimed, tackles on them 2 because of that, you need your head tested.

So having quick feet entitles opposing players to be reckless in the tackle, does it? Look at Boateng's assault on Sagna - hardly the quickest feet in the premiership. Just another example of a manager whose game plan to stop football teams is to "let them know we're there" type shit. Thankfully tango man has been fired, and hopefully Hull will get an actual manager.

We'll see it all again at the end of the month when Alex McLeish sends Bowyer out to try and do Fabregas. Thankfully Song is developing into a good midfield enforcer and seems to be able to take a hit or two for the little Spaniard.

These are not accidents, they are serious injuries as a result of ill-thought challenges that are high risk but avoidable.

I mean come on, you've seen Vieira and Keane go at it, but they did it with their eyes open and committed themselves to the ball rather than the opponent.

Let's just remember Shawcross broke Jeffer's ankle with a tackle from behind, put Adebayor out out with a tackle from behind after the ball was out of play and then Ramsey.

And you defend the bloke. Give me strength.

I mean come on, you've seen Vieira and Keane go at it, but they did it with their eyes open and committed themselves to the ball rather than the opponent.

I thought you had valid points until you got to the Keane part ... he was an evil fcuker who in my opinion would have deserved to get his legs broken.

Jason Mcateer was on the box last night saying about the time he had a spat with Keane when he mimed writing a book in reference to Keanes recently published autobiography ... 2 minutes later Keane elbowed him in the face when he wasnt looking and got sent off ... not forgetting Alf Inge haaland whose career he deliberatley tried to finish ... whlst i agree teams get stuck into Arsenal this tackle was an unfortunate accident, the only people who dont see it this way are Gooners.

Edited by whichschool

So having quick feet entitles opposing players to be reckless in the tackle, does it? Look at Boateng's assault on Sagna - hardly the quickest feet in the premiership. Just another example of a manager whose game plan to stop football teams is to "let them know we're there" type shit. Thankfully tango man has been fired, and hopefully Hull will get an actual manager.

We'll see it all again at the end of the month when Alex McLeish sends Bowyer out to try and do Fabregas. Thankfully Song is developing into a good midfield enforcer and seems to be able to take a hit or two for the little Spaniard.

These are not accidents, they are serious injuries as a result of ill-thought challenges that are high risk but avoidable.

Let's just remember Shawcross broke Jeffer's ankle with a tackle from behind, put Adebayor out out with a tackle from behind after the ball was out of play and then Ramsey.

Unlike yourself, obviously, I have watched Shawcross play on at least 20 occasions and watched him come up through the ranks at Man United and he has NEVER struck me as player with bad intentions to deliberately cause injury. He is like a load of other players that have a physical approach,dont most defenders ? it is a contact sport. Like Mr Shebby Singh of Football Focus you seem to have physic powers that you KNOW a player is going out to break legs. I broke my tibula and fibula when an innocuos tackle laid me up for 6 months ,it happens . Tackles are sometimes instinctive you dont have time to think should or should I not go in and weigh up the options.

Accidents happen & sh*t happens..

The only people that are not able to see this are Arsenal FC & Arsenal FC Supporters, that says a lot to me & enough for me not to continue this arguement.. :)