Where To Buy A Suzuki Drz400 In Bangkok

iBkk

The title says it all :)

I'm looking for a new Suzuki Drz400, and can't find a shop with it, except a couple overpriced 2nd hand ones.

Brit bikes had one in theyr showroom a couple years ago, but i went there tonight and didn't see it.

Thanks for your help !

thanks for your answer, actually they have a '04 DR way overpriced, i was hoping for an official Suzuki shop, but im scared they don't sell any new DRZ400SM in Thailand, and that everybody has to deal with imported (and mostly stolen) bikes from Japan...

I'm sure that Redbaron does check if the motorcycles it sells in Thailand have criminal background. Redbaron head office is located in Japan, and I'm sure that they don't like any bad press in there home country.

The Red Baron Group website you can find here

There really isn't anything other than Kawasaki ER6's and KLX's here at normal prices. You'll find loads of second hand bikes for sale, mostly above UK prices for the 2nd hand market and they're mostly illegal, unregistered, dodgy papers, no import duty paid stamp . . . been round and round this one. There's plenty of DRZ400's for sale at around 140k-180k, but invoice only (inv), useless to you.

If i could find a good supermotard alternative to the DRZ400 i would buy it, the D-Tracker 250 is too small for me, the Er6n too heavy for my everyday use ...

Just get and ER6n or f. They're not that heavy. The 2nd hand ones seem to collapse in price too. I've seen 2008/2009 ones in good condition for 170k. That's down from 245k new.

I called RedBaron and the price announced for a new DRZ400SM is 400'000 B !

That confirmed my idea about their sick prices...

@HDRIDER : Do you have any picture of the bike ?

@MJP : One of the other thing that doesn't make me wanna buy an ER6n is the front suspension.

Do you have an idea of the price of an inverted front suspension for the ER6n and if there is any way to find that in Bkk ? That might help me change my mind about this bike. :)

@MJP : One of the other thing that doesn't make me wanna buy an ER6n is the front suspension.

Do you have an idea of the price of an inverted front suspension for the ER6n and if there is any way to find that in Bkk ? That might help me change my mind about this bike. :)

No idea, you need to ask BigBikeBKK (Tony).

No idea, you need to ask BigBikeBKK (Tony).

Check some of the Kawasaki forums and you'll see that a number of guys have thrown the inverted forks from the Kawi Versys onto their ER6n's and they seem happy with the results.

You'd have to source them from abroad as the Versys is not made or sold in Thailand (but hope it will come here soon).

Not sure what problem there is with the stock suspension on the EX650- I threw enduro tires on my ER6n and took it off road a few times and it was a lot of fun. Probably a bit heavy for serious off roading, but pretty good for just tearing around on dirt roads IMO.

Red Baron is pricey, but so is any imported bike- at least with Red Baron you have the benefit of a well established company, they are honest and they won't run off with your money and leave you with an unregistered and unregisterable bike like so many others...

Good luck and happy trails!

Tony

I have a 2000/2001 DRZ in Hua Hin. SM and dirt wheels, Athena 440 big bore, yoshimura TRC full titanium exhaust. 20000K. THB 140000. PM me if interested.

Thanks for your help Tony!

I'm not losing hope in finding a decent 2nd hand DRZ400SM, i wish i bought the one that was in Brit Bike showroom, but on that time

i didn't like the color and thought it was easy to find a new one...

I found a couple of interesting 2nd hand bike, the question is, how can i be sure i can get a plate on it ?

i don't mind paying 75k to make a bike legit, but i wanna be sure it can be done before i buy the bike... thanks for your help guys !

I have a 2000/2001 DRZ in Hua Hin. SM and dirt wheels, Athena 440 big bore, yoshimura TRC full titanium exhaust. 20000K. THB 140000. PM me if interested.

Green book and plate ?

• 1 month later...

Nowadays getting a legit green book is extremely difficult. Unless you know someone to bribe, the bike has to go through a MOT check for road-worthiness and emissions. Most of the time, imported bikes don't pass emissions since the Euro regs here are stricter than Japan's.

They are... The guy there asked me 240kB for a DRZ400 without green book, when i told him i can find the same bike in exact same conditions for 120kB he wasn't even surprised and told me " Oh you speak thai, we can talk about the price" with a big smile on his face. Shady deals is all you can get there.