Usb Gprs Modem To Connect A Notebook Used In Isaan ?

thooktong

Hi,

I have an only notebook wifi connection, that i will use in ban Phai, (40 kms from Khon Khaen no hotspot wifi).

I think, I should buy a Usb gprs modem , what modem and brand choose ?

What is the best way to connect it to web in Isaan ?

I need about 2/3 hours internet connection everydays, and especially for email and forum acess !

Any advices welcome ?

Thanks.

Jay.

HI,

I would go for the CAT CDMA, there are a few posts on it on here, I did one a couple of months back.

By far the best connection if you are outside the city.

Thanks, for your answer,

I read this post about CAT CDMApost cat cma http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Whats-Cat-Cd...html&st=200

and maybe CAT CDMA has got too many custumers for its possibilities ?

I know that CAT CDMA should be maybe speeder than other package but wonder if actually reliable ?

I do not need a high speed connection, only for mail and web surfing, so may be first try a simple usb gprs connection with AIS ?

Does anyone use an AIS or TOT solution package ?

Thanks very much for helping me ! :)

Jay.

Edited by thooktong

Hi. I bought a Huawei e160e usb modem 6 mnds ago (It has some good reviews but i can't find that link right now) Ais has a promotion with that Huawei still going with 50hours free for six months. Anyway you can change the sim with Dtac( dtac has a 199bath 50 hours+50 free=100 hours) or others when u have problems with the connection 1 way or the other. It's not locked so change sim is an easy thing.prize: 3000 bath something.

I live out in the sticks and use a Solomon GPRS/EDGE modem with AIS 12call internet SIM

400 baht for 100 hours valid 1 month

Buy any independent USB modem and follow as suggested above. Not fast enough for SKYPE or video streaming, but reliable, cheap and good for e-mail, news etc. I use it for years now

:):D :D

I live out in the sticks and use a Solomon GPRS/EDGE modem with AIS 12call internet SIM

400 baht for 100 hours valid 1 month

Hi,

Thanks for all of you for your very useful answers ! :)

Yes as said CAT CDMA is surely better but maybe more expensive and sometimes seems not reliable ?

Jay.

After using a client provided Hutch modem that had very selective areas of use and forgoing CAT CDMA's rather unpredictable data rates depending on your location, I have settled with the AIS 3G MF100 Aircard (USB dongle) as being the most consistently stable regardless of where I am connecting up.

Before that, I used my AIS SIM with Nokia N95's built in modem via bluetooth with acceptable speeds. I now have a Google Nexus One that doesn't have the same hardware interconnectivity but find that I can do most quick email and messaging checks standalone via AIS GPRS/EDGE on the Nexus which is a helluva lot faster than unpacking the laptop.