How To Identify Shareholders Of A Thai Co, Ltd?

How does one go about identifying the shareholders and directors of a Thai company limited?

I'm considering doing business with such a company, and part of my due diligence is to know exactly who I'll be dealing with. Most importantly, who will be responsible for debts in the event that the company becomes insolvent.

Specifically, I would like to know the names of the shareholders and the number of shares held by each as listed on the company's registration documents. In many western countries, this is a matter of public record, and easily obtained. How does one go about getting this information for a Thai company limited? Are the services of a lawyer required?

It is public knowledge here as well, just get a Thai who you trust to go down to the relevant offices and they will be able to bring you back a photo copy of the records.

I'm not sure where the offices are but can find out for you if you wish.

I know this as a fact because I have done the same thing before.

It is public knowledge here as well, just get a Thai who you trust to go down to the relevant offices and they will be able to bring you back a photo copy of the records.

Thanks onnut - that's what I was hoping to hear.

If it's not too much trouble, could you pass along the name and location of the offices? Much appreciated!!!!

Thanks onnut - that's what I was hoping to hear.

If it's not too much trouble, could you pass along the name and location of the offices? Much appreciated!!!!

Just go to thai stock exchange website (set.co.th if i recall) type in the company stock symbol then click " major stock holders" (wording is something like that)- you will see a list of the top 10-20 stocks holders. It a v good website for info on stcoks

after you have got the official public records, then you can also ask the company to provide you with the same information and see if it tallies.

You can also ask to see copies of the various shareholding certificates if there is anything that does not look 100%.

I did hear of a case last year where an accounting company acting on behalf of someone actually submitted an incorrect list of shareholders and percent ownings at the financial year end and I believe it was accepted without any questions by the Revenue department and Commerce department. It was a real pain to get it fixed again later and goes to prove that it is possible to have errors creep in.

Best of luck