Police Release Sketch Of Thailand's Largest Bank Bombing Suspect

webfact

There may be useful clues on the dud bomb - fingerprints, materials sources from....? ...or tool markings. There's at least on case file where a bomb maker has been convicted by scientifically tracing the tool markings on fragments - back to the tools owned by the bomber. We can all joke about the photo and other elements, but tossing bombs in a city is serious stuff. A car driver would be justified in running the motorbike over if he/she witnessed such an event. I'm just crazy enough to do something like that.

Believe me Brahmburgers, I would do exactly the same, and even with a couple of times in reverse and again forward... There is no more cowardly action than throwing bombs in the crowd...

Digital Sketch? I know some police departments use a piece of software in the US that you basically choose different characteristics of a person, and it outputs a photo-like composite sketch.

The Thai police version

etch_a_sketch.jpg

Edited by mca

Digital Sketch? I know some police departments use a piece of software in the US that you basically choose different characteristics of a person, and it outputs a photo-like composite sketch.

The Thai police version

etch_a_sketch.jpg

I believe that next year's Mark-2 version may have an aerial added, although not connected to the working-parts, and with an appropriately higher price-tag. :)

Whats happening about the dude who went on you-tube abnd made the threats? He is linked to certain people and has an outstanding weapons charge against him iirc

Mind you as it is OK to get caught on video telling people to take bottles and get petrol to burn Bangkok I guess it isnt a big deal :)

Arrest warrant issued for bomber; PM receives 'underground movements' report

BANGKOK: -- (TNA) A Thai court has issued a warrant for the arrest of a man suspected to have thrown a bomb at Bangkok Bank’s Silom Road branch in central Bangkok during the weekend, while Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said he has received an intelligence report on “underground movements” ahead of a planned mass rally by anti-government protesters aimed at toppling his administration.

Police asked the criminal court to issue an arrest warrant for a man aged slightly more than 30 whose picture was sketched from closed-circuit television installed at the bank and from evidence given by eyewitnesses.

If apprehended, the suspect would be charged for possessing explosives without license and would face a maximum 10-year imprisonment, police said.

Bangkok Bank’s Silom Road branch was one of four bank branches targeted for bombing on Saturday. Glass windows and the ceiling of the bank were damaged along with nearby telephone booths.

No casualties were reported in the incidents; two grenades exploded, one was defused, and one appeared to have been a dud.

Prime Minister Abhisit, meanwhile, told journalists on Monday that police had concluded that similar explosives were used at all four banks and were investigating which agency is using this kind of weapon.

He denied that his government has black-listed some key leaders of the anti-government movement of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) who plan to mobilise the group countrywide from March 12, converging on Bangkok for a mass protest on March 14.

Reports on what security agencies termed “underground movements” have been received but further investigation is needed, Mr Abhisit added. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-03-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

So what does it say in the arrest warrant?? do they have the name of the suspect or does it say,, if you see a guy who looks like this arrest his A$$!!! :)