10 Items Or Less Check Out In Lotus

i was at tessco yesterday and like most sundays the lanes were busy, no matter what check out you got in there was a wait but what got me was the guy in front on me with 50 plus items in the 10 item or less check out. I have a thing about people who go native, it is a hot button for me such as driving the wrong way on one way streets, crowding in lines, litering,and simply adding to the kaos that is part of life. any way i started making comments to him; hey that looks a bit more than 10 items to me more like 50, he wont look at me, i am thinking he may be german and not understand me so i tell the checker, just tell people like this no, they should understand that 10 items is 10 items. the guy still ignores me but when his wife arrives to add one more item he speaks perfect english. he was a britt?! after i had my 6 items checked, the thai lady behind me had a basket full of good just like the britt but the checker told her 10 items only and the lady had to move to a different line. good for the checker. i think my point is that westerners should set the better example, rather than going native and disregarding everything that we were taught in our developed home country.

Or can't read! :)

:D The fault lies with incompetent management and both Lotus and BigC are poorly managed. In Lotus when I approached the few items check out counter, the cashier closed it forcing me to queue behind convoys of trolleys. At BigC there are 25 check out lanes and only two being manned ! Trained gibbons would be a better option !

Or can't read! :)

:D The fault lies with incompetent management and both Lotus and BigC are poorly managed. In Lotus when I approached the few items check out counter, the cashier closed it forcing me to queue behind convoys of trolleys. At BigC there are 25 check out lanes and only two being manned ! Trained gibbons would be a better option !

Trained funky gibbons! :D

what is it about thai visa, do people just come on here to whinge? this happens in nearly every supermarket in the world. the countless times i have seen the same thing in the states, france, italy.

people are just inconsiderate that's all it happens every way. take a chill pill man.

Agree, I am also of the opinion that it is the management fault, same when I get to check in with an item I clearly need cause it's in my basket but they find at checkout that it has no price tag/bar code & instead of doing the professional thing & find a staff member to get the price just say "Sorry, hab no pice" & put it to one side.

The first couple of times i just said, "ok" but last time in Tesco I just looked at her with a blank face & after she repeated it a couple times I said "well get the price please"

The look on her face was priceless, like a totally alien concept so, she said again "but hab no pice" & I said "but I need it so go get the price" so after lots of huffing & puffing she found someone to go get the price. I paid for the already checked items, allowed the next person through then paid for my needed item.

Like <deleted> is wrong with the management that they don't teach this basic customer service skill. The last time it happened, in Macro it was the exact same routine except this time after she said "hab no pice" I just said "oh so it's free then?" haha. That got them moving to find the bar code.

If the staff aren't properly pricing the items or checking the shelves for the bar code then why is this the customers fault/problem.

OK rant over :)

In this case it's 5x10!

TiT

Just imagine these counters are no "fast lane max.10 items counters"!

Enjoy the queuing, it's part of you life!

Stop worrying!

Imagine there would be all counters 50 and more items only and all you need to buy is a bottle of milk... :)

Relax max!

Imagine it would be your life: "10 items only"!

Edited by Samuian

totally disagree this this happens everywhere, in Uk the majot chains have the policy of refusing to allow more than the the specified amount of items in the basket lanes & most there have the policy of opening a new check out when lines reach over a certain number of people waiting & if the price is missing will find a staff member to go get it. I have never once in any of the countries I have visited found the same kind of consistent lack of interest in customer care as I have across the country in the 3 major supermarkets here.

what is it about thai visa, do people just come on here to whinge? this happens in nearly every supermarket in the world. the countless times i have seen the same thing in the states, france, italy.

people are just inconsiderate that's all it happens every way. take a chill pill man.

You couldn't be more wrong versialcontro...

Blanket statements demonstrate clearly a steadfast laziness or ignorance... or both. As well, 'pop culture' cliches woefully stunt intellectual growth and the ability to analyze maturely.

People are not just inconsiderate... this is a foolish notion. People are fascinating and disappointing... all facets of behavior. Your inconsiderate self included.

Choices are made in life... you certainly can understand that reality.

Being a civilized human being is dam_n hard work... anywhere in the world.

Accept the fact that there is right and wrong.

Stand like a man.

You can do better each day... this is your responsibility.

Blanket statements demonstrate clearly a steadfast laziness or ignorance... or both. As well, 'pop culture' cliches woefully stunt intellectual growth and the ability to analyze maturely.

People are not just inconsiderate... this is a foolish notion. People are fascinating and disappointing... all facets of behavior. Your inconsiderate self included.

Stand like a man.

Agree 100% with FM505. Well said!

Stand like a man.

:) Well put FM505, in fact I am so impressed with your profound wisdom of life, I propose would you be willing to be a guru and installed on a mountain peak with 3000 steps, so pilgrims from near and afar come and pay a fee to hear your sermons and advice. Samui needs someone like you, so if I arrange the work permit can we share donations 50/50 ?

It was not german. :):D So I luckily escaped once again :D

But seriously: I would not expect that westerners play a role model in Thailand.

Louts everywhere, maybe even a few more in Thailand than elsewhere?

Stand like a man.

:D Well put FM505, in fact I am so impressed with your profound wisdom of life, I propose would you be willing to be a guru and installed on a mountain peak with 3000 steps, so pilgrims from near and afar come and pay a fee to hear your sermons and advice. Samui needs someone like you, so if I arrange the work permit can we share donations 50/50 ?

:):D

Years ago I was with a friend who took way more than 10 items to the express lane. When I pointed it out, he argued that all those cans of different soft drinks counted as one item, "soft drinks" and all those cans of tuna counted as one item, "tuna", and so forth.

Do your shopping at Bug C. Its almost always empty!

This is true, however even if there were only ten people in there shopping there would still be a five person queue :D

Yeah but there is so little worth buying no one could possibly have more than 10 items! :)

Stand like a man.

:D Well put FM505, in fact I am so impressed with your profound wisdom of life, I propose would you be willing to be a guru and installed on a mountain peak with 3000 steps, so pilgrims from near and afar come and pay a fee to hear your sermons and advice. Samui needs someone like you, so if I arrange the work permit can we share donations 50/50 ?

:) No charge brother...

Peace.

It happens more here than in the US. In the US, if someone is somewhat over, say 15 for a 10 line, they can often get away with it but 50 in a 10, most times the clerk will eject them (so they'll learn to not try that next time).

The funny thing is versialcontro has opened another thread where he is whinging :):D:D

Edited by alfieconn

The Tesco 10 items with 50 items issue is just one of many. Some think they can do whatever they want. Once a lady from somewhere in the Middle East had a long, boring argument with the 10 items cashier. Before they finished to clear that her friend came to her with more items. Arguments again. Husband came to them with more items, and than the second husband came with more items. Long queue behind them including me, the only Farang....and they looked always only at me like Cheshire Cats and apologist to me only, ignoring all the others.

The Tesco 10 items with 50 items issue is just one of many. Some think they can do whatever they want. Once a lady from somewhere in the Middle East had a long, boring argument with the 10 items cashier. Before they finished to clear that her friend came to her with more items. Arguments again. Husband came to them with more items, and than the second husband came with more items. Long queue behind them including me, the only Farang....and they looked always only at me like Cheshire Cats and apologist to me only, ignoring all the others.

Haha i love it. Good on them for just looking at you. After all when is the last time you ever seen a Thai person to say sorry to a farang for anything. So why should they look at the Thai's in the Queue... They wouldnt say sorry to any of us.

But still it does annoy me when people go with more than 10 items.... But i still cant fault these people for just looking at you and not anyone else

Edited by ongoing

I have seen this many times in the express lane, but sometimes a cashier will reject some of the customers who exceed ten items. Once a lady in front of me had two baskets full. I saw a manager nearby so I pointed at the sign and asked what was going on. The manager just laughed and kept going. Another thing that bothers me is when people dump their items on top of mine without separating them (no plastic separators in the express lane). I have solved this problem by keeping all my items in the plastic carrier until the cashier is ready to ring them up.

I have seen this many times in the express lane, but sometimes a cashier will reject some of the customers who exceed ten items. Once a lady in front of me had two baskets full. I saw a manager nearby so I pointed at the sign and asked what was going on. The manager just laughed and kept going. Another thing that bothers me is when people dump their items on top of mine without separating them (no plastic separators in the express lane). I have solved this problem by keeping all my items in the plastic carrier until the cashier is ready to ring them up.

they should make a toll way que to easy traffic