I've Done It At Last

lampard10

For the first time in my life I had made good Yorkshire puddings. What do I owe to this remarkable achievment from a Kentish Man? I used Thai Gogi Tempura flour.Perfect. Every time I tried in good old Blighty I failed miserably. Mum,it's dead easy! :o

For the first time in my life I had made good Yorkshire puddings. What do I owe to this remarkable achievment from a Kentish Man? I used Thai Gogi Tempura flour.Perfect. Every time I tried in good old Blighty I failed miserably. Mum,it's dead easy! :o

Congratulations..... Can't beat a Yorkshire Pud covered in gravy... :D

totster :D

Any chance of a full recipe please.

My Thai wife's Yorkshire Puds come out like rock cakes !

Beat 4/5 eggs in a plastic bowl. Add about 1/4 pint milk. Whisk it while adding Gogi,till mixture is creamy(not too thick,not too thin)Add salt and pepper. Put in fridge for couple of hours.

Heat oven to 200 (I have a small grill/oven from Makro) Put 1 teaspoonful of fat into each pudding tray. Put in oven till fat is very hot.Whisk mixture for about 2 mins,getting plenty of air in it. Quickly put 1 dessert spoon of mixture into each dish( I had some teflon ones brought from UK thank to marriedtosurin) watch them rise. Try not to open oven till done. Mine seem to do nothing for about 2 mins,then voila,you can see them rising fast.

Experiment with the mixture,if theygo flat as soon as you take them out,use more flour. Take too long or are hard,use less. Cooking time is 5-6 mins.Best of luck. You too might be 'Tooched by t'angel'

I suppose I ought to comment.

They weren't arf bad yesterday.

I suppose I ought to comment.

They weren't arf bad yesterday.

Cheers mate........................Shame with 5 large puds on yer plate there wasn't room for much meat,veg or tatties. :D

Anyway I'm made up now.........what a compliment from a Yorkie. The'ye normally harder to get than Polar Bears in the Sahara

Edited by lampard10