Change Of Non Immigrant B Visa To Visa Based Upon Marriage

I am currently staying in Thailand on a Non-Imm B Visa. This visa is due to expire on the 16/06/10. I understand that if I leave and re-enter Thailand before the 16/06/10. I will be allowed to stay a further 90 days from by date of re-entry.

I recently married in Thailand to a Thai National, therefore I understand I can apply to get a 1 year extension to my visa based on this. My question is, what is the latest time I can apply. Do I need to apply before the 16/06/10 when my visa expires or if I was to re-enter on my existing visa, it would give me a further 90 days to September, could I then apply anytime up to this point.

I am going the 400K in the bank route, and with the recent dip in the GBP, I was looking to wait to see if things improve.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

A multiple entry Non-B visa will give you 90 day permission to stay on each entry, so doing a border run just before the visa expires will give a new 90 day permission to stay stretching the visa to 15 months. As said, you can apply for extension of stay based on marriage at any time during the last 30 days of the appropriate permission to stay period. The 400k bank balance would need to be seasoned for 2 months prior to application. If you need help/confirmation with the documents you will need to get together then let us know.