Chiang Mai Ear Clinics

thaiguy55

'Easiest and Quickest' - I go to ENT at Chiangmai Ram about 3 times a year for cleaning and the doctor there does a pretty good job. Always a doctor available in the mornings.

I asked an ENT doctor at Ram about cleaning my ears. She said to leave them alone.

Maybe your doc didn't get the 2008 new guidelines issued by the American Academy of Otolaryngology, or maybe he has a bigger car payment.

Or maybe your ears get more gunked up than usual - I dunno.

I have excessive ear wax and have used Lanna and McCormick hospitals plus a barber to remove the gunk. The barbers never use cotton buds as they use long metal scrappers. The most enjoyable experience is with the female barber shop along Suthep Road near Wat Suandok. Your lady barber will recline your seat, put a hot facecloth over your eyes and then gently play around in your ears for 20 minutes - it's heaven.

I have excessive ear wax and have used Lanna and McCormick hospitals plus a barber to remove the gunk. The barbers never use cotton buds as they use long metal scrappers. The most enjoyable experience is with the female barber shop along Suthep Road near Wat Suandok. Your lady barber will recline your seat, put a hot facecloth over your eyes and then gently play around in your ears for 20 minutes - it's heaven.

Is this the one across from CMU Dental School? Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Approximately how much does RAM charge for the procedure?

The last time I went must be at least a year ago now - I think it was 450 Baht.

The last guy I used was Dr. Banjong, he has irregular hours.

The other guy Dr. Chamlong (I think that's it) is also OK.

Thanks! Tomorrow I'll let you know how much it is this year :)

On post number 3 you said you go to Chiang Mai Ram three times a year.

Don't know what my barber would charge I think it is 90 baht. Not sure on that.

On post number 3 you said you go to Chiang Mai Ram three times a year.

Don't know what my barber would charge I think it is 90 baht. Not sure on that.

I said about three times a year - leaving out 'about' is a deliberate misquote.

That statement was made in March 10 - appx 20 months ago!

I said on my last post (yesterday) "it's at least a year" (thankfully no need yet)......so what's your point Sherlock?

Is that all OK with you?

Edited by uptheos

This ENT guy is very good.

Dr. Rat

81 Thannon Chang Phueak

053-213-003

Monday-Friday 5:30PM-8PM

Saturday 9AM-12PM

He may have a clinic at Sripat as well.

Worked in the USA. Speaks excellent English.

I think he charges about 240 for cleaning.

That's a good price!

Went to RAM today. Saw Dr. Banjong. They charged me 500 baht although he really just checked my ears as he said there was no wax only an errant hair which he removed. :) I'm happy.

(btw I had an exam and cleaning done in the US in January and it was about 8,000 baht :( - only a genius like me who lives in Thailand does medical tourism in the US :) )

Edited by eljefe2
  • Haha 2

This ENT guy is very good.

Dr. Rat

81 Thannon Chang Phueak

053-213-003

Monday-Friday 5:30PM-8PM

Saturday 9AM-12PM

He may have a clinic at Sripat as well.

Worked in the USA. Speaks excellent English.

I think he charges about 240 for cleaning.

That's a good price!

Went to RAM today. Saw Dr. Banjong. They charged me 500 baht although he really just checked my ears as he said there was no wax only an errant hair which he removed. :) I'm happy.

(btw I had an exam and cleaning done in the US in January and it was about 8,000 baht :( - only a genius like me who lives in Thailand does medical tourism in the US :) )

I don't do the medical that way but I do buy high and sell low. LOL :(

Just a thought has any one ever had there ears candled. I was amazed at the amount of wax it brought out.

Edited by hellodolly

i find the best thing to relieve wax build up in my ears which i do suffer from is go the the chemist and get a little bottle of dwax a clp of drops if both ears

you go a bit death for 10 mins but it does the trick and only costs about 80 bht much better and safer that poking around in there

i find the best thing to relieve wax build up in my ears which i do suffer from is go the the chemist and get a little bottle of dwax a clp of drops if both ears

you go a bit death for 10 mins but it does the trick and only costs about 80 bht much better and safer that poking around in there

I wouldn't advocate anyone poking around the ears. Having had serious ear problems in the past, I now need to have them checked professionally and the ear drum inspected. If a barber or ear drops do the trick for people then that's the way to go after all I never needed to use an ear professional for over 50 years - but I do in these times.

• 10 years later...
On 3/4/2010 at 6:30 AM, Loaded said:

The most enjoyable experience is with the female barber shop along Suthep Road near Wat Suandok. Your lady barber will recline your seat, put a hot facecloth over your eyes and then gently play around in your ears for 20 minutes - it's heaven.

It's 12 years ago, but is she still there? Can you send the location on google map if so? TIA

Any other recommendations for ear cleaning nowadays? 

I've gone to the ENT doc at Bangkok Hospital a couple of times, not for cleaning, but when I felt I was having problems.  He has a scope where you can look inside your ear canal on his computer screen.  One time I felt that maybe I did have an ear wax or infection problem and he checked out the ear and retrieved a tiny piece of dandruff off the ear drum.  That was it.  Immediate relief.  He couldn't believe I was even feeling it.  Princess and the pea, I guess.

• 1 year later...